Started pvp last night....

cronpants

I'm hooked.

I started at lvl 12, I leveled to 15 while pvp'ing, I am way behind on my BH questline lol.

First off, please do not change how pvp is. Please DO NOT add brackets. I killed lvl 45 players and they killed me. I expect to die in pvp but i didnt expect that i could dominate a higher player. This system rocks. Given, he was a horrible player, it was still fun.

When i hit 14 and got a second cc and sprint, my god, my world changed.

I love this game, i love the pvp (even when your teammate runs the ball into their own inzone)

Don't go changin, to try and please them Bioware....I love you just the way you are.

And when you hit 16 you get incredible DPS combo abilities. And then when you hit 24 you get another fantastic damage dealing CC. At 32, a wonderful ability to cripple the defenses of your enemy. 33, a world-changing defensive spell that makes the most difference in how easy it is to score in huttball.

Wait, why do you want to be in the same battleground as people with these world-changing abilities that, without any subjective bias, creates an incredible imbalance?

And when you hit 16 you get incredible DPS combo abilities. And then when you hit 24 you get another fantastic damage dealing CC. At 32, a wonderful ability to cripple the defenses of your enemy. 33, a world-changing defensive spell that makes the most difference in how easy it is to score in huttball.

Wait, why do you want to be in the same battleground as people with these world-changing abilities that, without any subjective bias, creates an incredible imbalance?

Because, it seems that unlike you, I am capable of having fun while playing this game.

I'm hooked.

I started at lvl 12, I leveled to 15 while pvp'ing, I am way behind on my BH questline lol.

First off, please do not change how pvp is. Please DO NOT add brackets. I killed lvl 45 players and they killed me. I expect to die in pvp but i didnt expect that i could dominate a higher player. This system rocks. Given, he was a horrible player, it was still fun.

I love this game, i love the pvp (even when your teammate runs the ball into their own inzone)

Don't go changin, to try and please them Bioware....I love you just the way you are.

Welcome to the addiction. :cool:

Because, it seems that unlike you, I am capable of having fun while playing this game.

Interesting fantasy to conjure.

I'm generally among the higher levels in a battleground, and a majority of the time the teams have been somewhat similar in distribution of high levels to low. Having a blast in swtor as a whole

However, there is 0 reason to create a system with the potential for extreme imbalance, so that one lvl 12 can feel good if he kills a soft-headed lvl 40 despite an extreme disadvantage every blue-moon.

Interesting fantasy to conjure.

I'm generally among the higher levels in a battleground, and a majority of the time the teams have been somewhat similar in distribution of high levels to low. Having a blast in swtor as a whole

However, there is 0 reason to create a system with the potential for extreme imbalance, so that one lvl 12 can feel good if he kills a soft-headed lvl 40 despite an extreme disadvantage every blue-moon.

so your complaining about a potential problem? Apparently the moon is always blue on Dromund Kass, cause i kicked ***.

It's a lot of fun. I'm a relative newb to PvP as I start playing it in WoW a year ago, moved on to RIFT for a bit, took a break and am now here. My skills are average at best but I still enjoy myself. I just wish in my sample size so far (roughly 50 matches as Republic) we'd win at a higher clip than ~20%. Constantly losing at anything can make it kind of frustrating.

Why not just have the choice to join a bracketed NON bolstered warzone, or join bolstered, I'd play both depending how I feel, the ability to pick specific warzones too, * f**k huttball' *.

buy better servers and decrease the amount of shards which in turn will increase the open world pvp. there ya goes? no cons O_O

Because the systems allows for pvp at all, at a time that it wouldn't exist otherwise. It's much like the system that Cryptic used for COX and it worked just fine.

Characters are advancing fast enough that the bracket arguments will be rendered useless in a year. The first 50s appeared before general release. Even casual players should make 50 in a few months.

A year from now, the bracket arguement you appear to be implying will mean no pvp until 50 if the devs cater too it. STO and WOW both completely slagged their ques with player suggestions that made temporary problems into permanent issues.

Hyperbole for the win. Yeah you get a few more tools as you get higher. It certainly doesn't make you a god, and you can still easily lose to a 14.

I'm hooked.

Wait until you get to the stale open world pvp. You get absolutely nothing from it. No reward, no loot, no credits, no experience, no commendations, nothing. There is no point or incentive to even do world PVP and that is sad and it needs to be addressed.

I can see your point and agree to an extent; but as a lvl 14 jugg last night I still killed a few lvl 25-40 players, even if they killed me a lot more, and had an amazingly fun time doing so. Really, that is the point to a game, have fun.

Perhaps brackets would help in some regard, but then queues would be insane, as it stands I feel Empire has a much larger population compared to Republic... split that into 10-20, 20-30 etc and there will be brackets that don't PvP all week with queue times the way they would be in that instance.

Bottom line, just have fun; no need to be overly competitive for an internet game. Aside from being the number 1 player/guild in the world, the game doesn't win you any money, real life fame and it will never earn you any resume points for future careers/promotions at work.

Edited by RG_jhanlec

Wait until you get to the stale open world pvp. You get absolutely nothing from it. No reward, no loot, no credits, no experience, no commendations, nothing. There is no point or incentive to even do world PVP and that is sad and it needs to be addressed.

They may address this, but why should they, really?

Open world PvP should be for the entertainment of it, not for rewards.

I feel thats what killed WoW PvP for me personally. I miss the epic TM/SS PvP fights, and the Xroads or Westfall fights. Storming a city not for an achievement, but to hold an opposing city if only for a short while.

BGs were OK at first, but eventually they become a whole of of attitude and a lot less entertainment. *(why didn't you cap the flag ********! You're such and ********, You're all noobs! etc etc)

Bwahaha quote of the day right here ladies a gentlemen.... Now ask yourselves are you capable of having fun while playing a video game? Seriously are you....

I agree with OP don't change a thing, loved it on beta and loving it live...and oh yeah, having a blast too

I'm hooked.

for starters your imperial and a bounty hunter they are OP as hell and have so many stupid abilitys that need nerfing no joke.

and second warzone lvl brackets need to be added.

the imperials win 90% of the time because their class's are OP compared to the republic class's.

im talking of around 2x to 3x more dps output than any republic class can dish out.

I'm hooked.

As a long-time beta tester, I have found that the most enjoyable way to level, for me, is to PvP/daily space missions, up to a certain level, then catch up on the Class Story, then go back to PvP/Space and just avoid the side quests since they are kinda lame in comparison to your Class Story.

for starters your imperial and a bounty hunter they are OP as hell and have so many stupid abilitys that need nerfing no joke.

and second warzone lvl brackets need to be added.

the imperials win 90% of the time because their class's are OP compared to the republic class's.

im talking of around 2x to 3x more dps output than any republic class can dish out.

Stop spewing this uneducated dribble around the forums. Troopers have the same skills as bounty hunters - there's no difference between republic and imperial besides the overwhelming volume of under-skilled care-bears rolling republic. (Not all are bad, just more than imperials it seems.)

Edited by -Shadowfist-

Stop spewing this uneducated dribble around the forums. Smugglers have the same skills as bounty hunters - there's no difference between republic and imperial besides the overwhelming volume of under-skilled care-bears rolling republic. (Not all are bad, just more than imperials it seems.)

Smugglers = bounty hunters?

I though it was Troopers = Bounty hunters. And the class are mirrors of each other..supposedly.

Smugglers = bounty hunters?

I though it was Troopers = Bounty hunters. And the class are mirrors of each other..supposedly.

Sorry

You're absolutely right. Wrong comparisson. Point stands.

And there is no "supposedly" - it's the exact same skills/talents, with the exact same stats, and the exact same effects - only a different name and animation. I beta'd a shadow... exactly the same as my assassin... just dumber looking :)

Edited by -Shadowfist-

I'm hooked.

All i ask for is a lvl 50 bracket, bc when ppl actually do kno how to play their class lvls do make a difference, and the gear at 50 will make a big difference. My lvl 30 sentinel rolls thru lvl 20 and lower, and i got knocked down and 2 shotted b4 my character could get back up from a lvl 47.

Edited by Nathan_ss