Nerf Bombers please

HoloGrinder

They are holding satellites for entire matches without a player being at the satellite to defend. in a game I just played (A) satellite was left totally undefended. It had 3 turrets up and was bristling with drones. 5 of us hit it repeatedly and never got the first turret down. The drone's don't seem to miss and the missile one was kills my mastered sting in 1 shot. Evasion does not work against them. I just think that a player should have to defend a satellite and a half the team effort should do some damage not just get shredded against turrets and drones. When used by a premade these bombers are way over powered. there strategy win simple. Drone up A till it is unbeatable. sit the whole team on B. We ended up parking on C which the left alone and settling for the defending points. My scout is built for taking satellites and that game seems to be over. Has any else seen this tactic used already?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the Bombers Just ruined the Game , the emp on the nova-dive does not work worth a **** fly in hit it none of the drones die :). it just took the non flyers and made them killers , fly in drop drones fly out to mother ship come back drop more drones , get kills with out even firing a shot or taking aim :( I have 4 mastered ships 3 of which are scouts and does not matter, people do not want to chase bombers in fear of them dropping a mine on them which does way to much damage so yes they need a Nerf most definitely, not much skill to flying a Bomber drop fly away watch the kills :(

Seems no one is playing the Strike Fighter these days.....EMP Missles anyone? Seems like they are the perfect counter for taking out swathes of drones/mines. Problem solved.

Did you test them? I did (fully upgraded). They work, in theory. In combat they are too short ranged, the target is very small and it takes too much time to get a lock. Until you are locked and ready to launch the damn thing you are likely allready in range of interdiction drones. If you survive the onslought of the railgun drones firing at you from 10k out that is. I would recommend it with an damaged Pike.

And the Bombers can shoot back too. Even if they dont use proton porpedos, engaging you behind their shoals of mines and drones (meaning you effectively cant f**ing see them) before you can fire your shiny emp weapon, heavy lasers will rip righ through any Pike floating around trying to get a missile lock on a drone.

They are holding satellites for entire matches without a player being at the satellite to defend. in a game I just played (A) satellite was left totally undefended. It had 3 turrets up and was bristling with drones. 5 of us hit it repeatedly and never got the first turret down. The drone's don't seem to miss and the missile one was kills my mastered sting in 1 shot. Evasion does not work against them. I just think that a player should have to defend a satellite and a half the team effort should do some damage not just get shredded against turrets and drones. When used by a premade these bombers are way over powered. there strategy win simple. Drone up A till it is unbeatable. sit the whole team on B. We ended up parking on C which the left alone and settling for the defending points. My scout is built for taking satellites and that game seems to be over. Has any else seen this tactic used already?

If other team have bombers, just bail. Same with premades, right?

Edited by Sadishist

NOPE! Bail on premades if you don't think you will enjoy the slaughter. Nerf bombers ability to hold satellites while afk watching youtube or what ever it is they do instead of actually fighting in space.

Sadishist it has just dawned on me that you seem to stand for everything that is breaking GSF. You speak out to defend any action that is being used to grief or exploit new players and you challenge any one who speaks up to defend them and there game play.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

Edited by HoloGrinder

If only there were a ship with a weapon range longer than 10k....

I always thought that gunships were the counter to bombers? In any event, things will probably even out in a while once people have "tired" of playing with the new shiny toy & some/most go back to playing their preferred other ship.

I always thought that gunships were the counter to bombers? In any event, things will probably even out in a while once people have "tired" of playing with the new shiny toy & some/most go back to playing their preferred other ship.

thats how i use my gunship, clear the way for my scouts/fighters.

on a side note, i didnt think a bomber could fly faster than a scout? i already know answer.

rarely i see a bomber as 1st ship to any point if scouts were also going to them points so little confused how they got to A before the OP got it fully mined up then buggered off b4 anyone got to A from your team, takes 20 seconds to lay a 2nd mine after 1st also.

im not keen on bomber myself but i dont find them a issue to kill either as a scout or gunship.

not seen many using fighters with emp missiles though so curious how that fits in.

My scout is built for taking satellites

Well there's your problem.

But seriously, Spawned turrets are great for those emp missiles or a proton torp with extended range for that pesky rail gun drone. Honestly its way to soon to judge bombers we will need to see a few weeks of game play before we can begin to decide what tactics are best and whats overpowered or under-powered.

Edited by Flearos

NOPE! Bail on premades if you don't think you will enjoy the slaughter. Nerf bombers ability to hold satellites while afk watching youtube or what ever it is they do instead of actually fighting in space.

Sadishist it has just dawned on me that you seem to stand for everything that is breaking GSF. You speak out to defend any action that is being used to grief or exploit new players and you challenge any one who speaks up to defend them and there game play.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

Between the original post and this one I just can't stop laughing.

thats how i use my gunship, clear the way for my scouts/fighters.

on a side note, i didnt think a bomber could fly faster than a scout? i already know answer.

rarely i see a bomber as 1st ship to any point if scouts were also going to them points so little confused how they got to A before the OP got it fully mined up then buggered off b4 anyone got to A from your team, takes 20 seconds to lay a 2nd mine after 1st also.

im not keen on bomber myself but i dont find them a issue to kill either as a scout or gunship.

not seen many using fighters with emp missiles though so curious how that fits in.

I'll elaborate on how it happened. I raced to the sat and got there first with another scout on my team. A split second later they had 2 scouts show up and we fought. By the time there scouts where killed here came the rest of there team and we where taken out fast. I went pretty quick to a gun ship and I am not sure how the other scout died but we died. We raced back and the drones where in place and we died to the drones. We called for back up and raced in with 5 ships. The turrets where up supporting the drones and all 5 of us died. This was satellite (A) there team never came to aid the drones because the drone's got the job done over and over again. Instead there whole team sat on satellite (B) and defended it. When we got tired of being drone fodder at (A) most of us rushed (B). We failed. After a few attempts at (B) we went and sat on © for the defending points because we could neither blow up A or B and it was past the point of no return where we would need all 3 satellites to win. They never even attacked © The part that inspired this post was the fact that 5 of us could not take satellite (A) and they had no one defending it the whole game just drones. After we went to sit on C I don't think a blaster was fired for the rest of the game on either side.

There is the play by play.

Edited by HoloGrinder

kills my mastered sting............. My scout is built for taking satellites

This is the meat of your problem right here.

The Sting is a short weapon range fighter, your basically getting close and knifing stuff, so of course you will fail in this situation. You know who doesn't fail. Ships with armor pen heavy lasers and stronger hulls that don't rely on evasion, or concussion missiles, or protorps or GS. all of these ships are now beaming with smiles because they now have a role to preform the a Scout is plain horrible at.

Also If you want to be taking Satellites use the blackbolt. the Sting is the dogfighter the blackbolt is the real satellite capper between the 2, stop wasting the sting trying to capture stuff. Go find a Striker to harass instead.

Also Also if the bombers have left then they cannot deploy as many pets elsewhere because they have a limit and the oldest pet will self destruct if they drop too many. We call that balance.

Also If you want to be taking Satellites use the blackbolt. the Sting is the dogfighter the blackbolt is the real satellite capper between the 2, stop wasting the sting trying to capture stuff. Go find a Striker to harass instead.

While I'm not saying he's right, the only reason the blackbolt is better at capping satellites is because of EMP field. The differences between the sting and blackbolt are communications component vs reactor component and slightly different (largely inferior, for the blackbolt) laser, missile, system, and engine options.

I would say the blackbolt is better at clearing a sat for people to cap (because EMP field is just that important right now) and the sting is better at defending that sat against incoming threats (due to superior offensive and defensive components).

So Bombers are OP?

Funny, another thread says "Scouts are OP".

Gunships have been called OP since the beginning. Plus, they now are the best counter to Bombers.

Sounds about right.

So how about we all stop the QQ and simply ask for a small Strike Fighter buff?

This is the meat of your problem right here.

The Sting is a short weapon range fighter, your basically getting close and knifing stuff, so of course you will fail in this situation. You know who doesn't fail. Ships with armor pen heavy lasers and stronger hulls that don't rely on evasion, or concussion missiles, or protorps or GS. all of these ships are now beaming with smiles because they now have a role to preform the a Scout is plain horrible at.

Also Also if the bombers have left then they cannot deploy as many pets elsewhere because they have a limit and the oldest pet will self destruct if they drop too many. We call that balance.

I use a blackbolt a lot of times for the first run because I have one built for max speed. I use my sting after that because it is still fast and I stand a better chance of taking a satellite that has a defender or 2. plus I kill people along the way and once I cap one I defend until it has turrets and the sting is good for that too. Neither are good for capping a satellite with drones though. Who knows maybe GS's are the new sat cappers since scouts have been effectively rendered useless at what I consider there main role. 2 of the 5 where in SF's but aside from me our whole team was really new vs one of those jumbo 12 man premades so I bet the drones where more upgraded than there SF's. A Sting has an advantage over a BB in everything they can do however I fly both for different builds and I consider rapid ninja sat capping there main role with dog fighting being secondary. That's where the requisition is and that's how I play it; or did play it as that is no longer an option.

The part that inspired this post was the fact that 5 of us could not take satellite (A) and they had no one defending it the whole game just drones.

How do you loose to only drones/turrets in a Gunship? You outrange them, or am I missing something?

So Bombers are OP?

Funny, another thread says "Scouts are OP".

Gunships have been called OP since the beginning. Plus, they now are the best counter to Bombers.

Sounds about right.

So how about we all stop the QQ and simply ask for a small Strike Fighter buff?

I never said scouts where OP. Scouts can be made to be OP with burst lasers and a few other things but still i never even thought that to be OP due to the range restrictions and the weak hull. SF's used to be to weak. Scouts have now joined them in being utterly useless in domination falling victim to the bomber and in deathmatch falling victim to the GS. As it stands bombers in domination = win, GS's in deathmatch = win period. everything else is useless. Ohhhh almost forgot. Premade of the dominant faction = WIN,WIN,WIN,WIN,infinity...

Only real "problem" I have bombers is the serious lack of fun factor for those who play them.

As a dogfighter I love the repair drones.

As a team player I think the mines are great support weapons but add to the boredom factor for those playing bombers. IMO they are equivalent to a system weapon/component.

I can't stand the EDIT: attack drones..period...because I know they add to the boring playstyle for bomber pilots and at the same time they can accumulate kills with zero skill involved. I had a drone steal a kill from me yesterday and it was annoying as hell and I really wouldn't have minded if another pilot actually put in the work to get the kill because thats part of the team effort.

Edited by Kaivers

Exactly this. A bomber has it's counter. A gunship that isn't being pestered by scouts will just eat an enemy team so they were overpowered when the game first came out. Then people learned how to wreck a gunship in a scout. You just need to counter with the proper ships.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

Actually your quitter mindset is the e only thing holding back GSF. You sir are the problem.

Only real "problem" I have bombers is the serious lack of fun factor for those who play them.

As a team player I think the mines are great support weapons but add to the boredom factor for those playing bombers. IMO they are equivalent to a system weapon/component.

I can't stand the EDIT: attack drones..period...because I know they add to the boring playstyle for bomber pilots and at the same time they can accumulate kills with zero skill involved. I had a drone steal a kill from me yesterday and it was annoying as hell and I really wouldn't have minded if another pilot actually put in the work to get the kill because thats part of the team effort.

I respect your view point and I do disagree with all killing that requires no skill. People complain about Burst lasers and Gunships but you have to aim both of those and they won't get you kills if you are tab'd out watching cute videos about kittens as I imagine most bomber pilots doing during the match. I get the teamwork and boring factor but teamwork and boring sounds like you fly in premade groups and have flown a bomber in them. Let me tell you that the other side of the boring team work from a mastered scout perspective flying with new pugs against drone covered satellites is insurmountably, impossibly, game-breaking-ly, brutal and it is from that perspective that I am calling for team balancing between the factions and for bomber nerfing. I hope you can understand where I am coming from as well.

You think that is boring? Try playing tank or healer in WZ. Playing bombers are fun for me. Very fun.

Edited by Sadishist

Actually your quitter mindset is the e only thing holding back GSF. You sir are the problem.

Found his wing man I have. I never give up kid and I will not stop until your unfair advantage is balanced and nerfed out of existence. Your premade dominance will end as fast as I can get the attention needed to end it and new players will get an even match. Now go sulk some where knowing that I am actively working against you.

I respect your view point and I do disagree with all killing that requires no skill. People complain about Burst lasers and Gunships but you have to aim both of those and they won't get you kills if you are tab'd out watching cute videos about kittens as I imagine most bomber pilots doing during the match. I get the teamwork and boring factor but teamwork and boring sounds like you fly in premade groups and have flown a bomber in them. Let me tell you that the other side of the boring team work from a mastered scout perspective flying with new pugs against drone covered satellites is insurmountably, impossibly, game-breaking-ly, brutal and it is from that perspective that I am calling for team balancing between the factions and for bomber nerfing. I hope you can understand where I am coming from as well.

I've actually never flown in a premade. I'm talking strictly from a teamwork perspective, pugs or premade.

I understand what you are saying because I have seen this take place with and without premades. During my first experience flying a bomber I noticed a group of my teammates enveloping a satellite with mines and drones. When I saw what they were doing I simply joined in because I had nothing else better to do.

This was my first experience and most likely my last, if I ever do get to play in a pre made they will literally have to pay me creds to get me to pilot a bomber.