Premades in Deathmatch

wishihadaname

I recognize all the good names I fly against, and I've talked to and flown with most of them. It's pretty obvious when eight people from black or death squadron load into a match that they're running together.

I used to solo queue on POT5. Then I saw black squadron run "premades". I decided "why not me?" So I started my own group. Various guilds, but friends to fly with. It's that simple. Why bash a premade? This is an MMO. And I can't stress the second "m" in MMO enough. Wanna ban premades, then ban them in the ground game also. And ban premades for PvE content, cause I'm sure that one boss in that one operation is tired of seeing the same 8-16 people... Bashing premades (groups who play together, like in the spirit of an MMO) will not solve anything. Get some friends, take lead and make your own, or go play a single player game. All these people who spend all their energy coming to these forums crying about premades, could have spent their energy making and organizing their own premades...

On the imp side of POT5, there are no organized premades. What ever premade that was there in dec-early jan is gone. So please imps! Get together and organize! Only real competition I've seen is pub v pub matches.

I'm still trying to figure out how people know they are facing a premade as the match starts. There are no guild tags or personal identifiers beyond player name.

I feel like 90% of these "premades" are just people seeing stuff where there is none. I have seen many a PuG roflstomp other pugs. In fact PuG v PuG is just as likely if not more so to be horribly imbalanced.

Premades:

-Same group of four names

- Every member of that group sports 5 ships each

Normally if your team consists of two ship beginners facing one or two sets of premades it's best to exit the match unless you enjoy being farmed.

Edited by HuaRya
grammar

Premades:

-Same group of four names

- Every member of that group sports 5 ships each

Normally if your team consists of two ship beginners facing one or two sets of premades it's best to exit the match unless you enjoy being farmed.

Not true anymore, deselecting ships will give <5 ships :o

I used to solo queue on POT5. Then I saw black squadron run "premades". I decided "why not me?" So I started my own group. Various guilds, but friends to fly with. It's that simple. Why bash a premade? This is an MMO. And I can't stress the second "m" in MMO enough. Wanna ban premades, then ban them in the ground game also. And ban premades for PvE content, cause I'm sure that one boss in that one operation is tired of seeing the same 8-16 people... Bashing premades (groups who play together, like in the spirit of an MMO) will not solve anything. Get some friends, take lead and make your own, or go play a single player game. All these people who spend all their energy coming to these forums crying about premades, could have spent their energy making and organizing their own premades...

On the imp side of POT5, there are no organized premades. What ever premade that was there in dec-early jan is gone. So please imps! Get together and organize! Only real competition I've seen is pub v pub matches.

It''s not about banning, it's about matching premades with premades and solo players with solo players.

All they need to do is add in decent commands. Given EAs involvement in the game, it shouldn't be hard to port a battlefield-esque system in, and that works.

Premades will always have an advantage, yes, but that's because you've got a group of players who are playing the game as it should be - a multiplayer game.

IMO, the best solution would be to add temporary VOIP to matches. Communication is key and this would go a long way to balance things out a bit. I play an even share of solo queue and premade and will say that solo matches are excruciating, at times. I find myself bewildered at some of the tactics (or lack thereof) being used and would LOVE the ability to help out those new pilots out there with a few pointers while flying the match.

I'm still trying to figure out how people know they are facing a premade as the match starts. There are no guild tags or personal identifiers beyond player name.

I feel like 90% of these "premades" are just people seeing stuff where there is none. I have seen many a PuG roflstomp other pugs. In fact PuG v PuG is just as likely if not more so to be horribly imbalanced.

When the same 4 people continue to be in the same squadron day after day its a big hint.

I used to solo queue on POT5. Then I saw black squadron run "premades". I decided "why not me?" So I started my own group.

Oh man, hi. Didn't realize you were pot5. Sorry if I've blown you up (except not really).

Death Squadron is still around. They're significantly less active (couldn't tell you why, not at all /s), but they show up from time to time and hand our asses to us.

it would be great if they had 3 queue's

1) For pilots that have not mastered a ship

2) Pugs

3) grouped combat

Then to balance the factions they should get rid of same faction "war game" mode

Then make drones less accurate than the average pilot and bam great game every one wants to play.

Edited by HoloGrinder

• 3 weeks later...
While I think the OP is a little far than I can agree with, I will say there is one and only 1 thing that I have problem with premades in GSF and that is that pugs have no means of communcating with one another until they are dead, which most of the time becomes pointless. There needs to be a system that allows pugs to easily communicate with one another, maybe not as easy as full on voice chat but some tool that can bridge the gap of communications.

They just need 2 ques, 1 for grouped, 1 you cant group. but I don't know if they have enough people left to pull off two ques and pretty soon they definitely wont. But I guess it doesn't really matter, noobs who just want to log on and play should not be put up against 4 veterans in teamspeak running a gunship tag team on them.