The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Complexions - Mature and Aged

There are at least a couple of different 'mature complexion' looks applied to NPCs in the game. While it would be nice to have a slightly more subtle variety as well, to suggest middle age rather than necessarily elderly, it would certainly be nice to be able to age our characters up a bit- a few years are, I believe, intended to have passed between the prologues and the end of Act III, so let's have the option to show it.

From a practical standpoint this would be an unlock using a model that already exists in game, thus, cheap to do.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I personally don't care for it, I like my toon to resemble my own age! That said, I don't see why it wasn't there from the beginning. If people want their toon to look elderly or old with facial features why not? Edited by Eshvara

I personally don't care for it, I like my toon to resemble my own age! That said, I don't see why it wasn't there from the beginning. If people want their toon to look elderly or old with facial features why not?

Maybe some 70 year old players would like for their toon to resemble their own age.

But I am sure that this goes back to the canon stories.

Our characters are supposed to be on the young side when our stories begin.

Havoc Squad and Imperial Intelligence aren't bringing in some 40 year veteran.

The Jedi and Sith don't recruit retirees for their programs.

I just think it's funny when some character can mix-and-match scars, complexions, and tattoos to create a face that not even a mother could love but then companions and other NPCs will be all too ready to compliment your appearance and be looking for some sexy time with you. :t_cool:

Maybe some 70 year old players would like for their toon to resemble their own age.

I basically said this myself, but I think you're right. They probably had some age set for the characters. Having a 70 year old apprentice slave serving under Harkun would seem kind of weird. :p I don't see why they'd care now though.

Edited by Eshvara