Revan: Knight/Warrior or Consular/Inquisitor?

Lord-Reven

Seeing as the divisions are merely mechanics, he was a Jedi, then a Sith, and then a Jedi again.

His class in the RPG is Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 5/Sith Apprentice 3/Sith Lord 5 at the time of his capture. Eventually that all comes back to him, so I think it's a fair approximation: a level 20 character in a game where the "max" level is 20.

In canon, titles like Watchman, Sentinel, Consular and so on are just what people do. A Jedi who specializes in mediating disputes is probably a consular. A Jedi who "adopts" a region of space and acts as a sort of traveling sheriff is a Watchman. A Shadow is an undercover Jedi, who blends in to better fight the Dark Side, no matter the shape it takes.

There is only Jedi. Everything else is just labels that have no bearing on anyone's abilities.

Slight spolier...

Revan has force storm in the game... so far I only think Inquisitors have that. ;)

He fights single bladed, has force storm, has telekinetic powers if I recall, etc.

As stated before, he was both a Jedi Master, & a Dark Lord of the Sith. Having known both paths makes him unique and more skilled than other people, because he can walk in the grey area. Revan is the true, grey area jedi/sith as it were.

You don't see many jedi conjuring up force storms... :rolleyes:

Well if you look at him how he do things I would say 100% Consular/Inquisitor as he seeks wisdom/knowledge in the force and everywhere else like a madman it feels much more Consular/Inquisitor then a warrior/knight.

and you know he build HK-47 (I dont know how relative that is but its a exmpel of his seeking knowledge and wisdom and prefekting whatever he does)

In canon, titles like Watchman, Sentinel, Consular and so on are just what people do. A Jedi who specializes in mediating disputes is probably a consular. A Jedi who "adopts" a region of space and acts as a sort of traveling sheriff is a Watchman. A Shadow is an undercover Jedi, who blends in to better fight the Dark Side, no matter the shape it takes.

Yes and no. "Originally" that may have been the intent. But as EU has expanded, that's no longer true.

For example:

"The Jedi Path" is written in character as a collaboration of several Jedi masters, and annotated by Yoda, Thane, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Sidious, and Luke.

The book itself is an instructional primer teaching a Jedi student what it means to be, dress, and act like a Jedi. There's lots of little things it covers. Force and lightsaber techniques, training, how a student is selected for padawan training, knight trials, and Force using/sensitive creatures, other Force traditions, and more I'm likely forgetting.

There is also an entire chapter devoted to the different types of Jedi. As written, the masters writing the text all but come out and say, "Once you're a Knight, you'll choose one of these paths or be chosen for one of these paths." Shadows, Sentinels, Consulars, Guardians, Sages, Seers, etc are all mentioned.

It's a nice light read, and lots of fun. Even as a student Dooku was a bit of a prig, judging by his annotations. Though, Luke comes across pretty arrogant as well.

-Kai-Lunn

Edited by KaiLunn