The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Going after your own or the equivalent class

NathanielStarr

Don't have a hard on for your own class in a match unless it helps you win. So often players will throw the match to continually go after someone that happens to play the same class as them.

1. It doesn't really prove anything. It isn't a duel.

2. You should be after the following: ball carrier, healer, tank guarding a healer, the person guarding the pylon

or the person trying to take your pylon. Not between nodes chasing down another sniper or whatever it is.

3. You should be backing up your team, if you are letting your teammates get killed because you have a hard on for someone you're not smart.

4. That player you are going after may take advantage of it to draw you away from a space you are supposed to be protecting or whatever. Don't be an idiot.

The goal is to win the match.

Edited by NathanielStarr

If I'm on my Carnage Marauder and both teams have no healers, or if we have one and they don't, I'm gonna go after Smash Monkeys 90% of the time :D Why? Because when I kill them, it keep their DPS lower, thus preventing some of them from developing huge egos for absolutely no reason, thus preventing them from ragequitting and unsubbing if they get pwned too hard, thus helping to maintain a healthy amount of PvP'ers around. It's all for the greater good really :):)

*snip*

4. That player you are going after may take advantage of it to draw you away from a space you are supposed to be protecting or whatever. Don't be an idiot.

The goal is to win the match.

I'm a healer, and therefore one of those players that you SHOULD be targeting, but I have been known to take advantage of this little snippet from time to time.

OK...frequently.

Happens a lot with operatives/scoundrels, scoundrel/scoundrel, or operative/operative.

Happens a lot with all sorts of warries too. On the other hand, warries and scouperatives are by far the most viable PvP speccs so at the end of the day, it's statistically correct that they fight each other more often.

I notice it often enough on my shadow. But it isn't so bad there because they can't see me all the time ;p

Either way, they are always dissapointed since they never achieve whatever it is they are trying to achieve.

Yet another post saying nobody can beat you :)

And that's not even your best quality. Your modesty is.

Edited by Aerilas