Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PVP Hacks

Hexhno

It's not hacks, it's bioware fault that make this garbage, they make a 'balance' patch but make things wrost than it was.

It's stupid how they can say 'sage can heal to full' and then i saw a lot of other classes healing themselves to full, with idiotic design abilities while sage (that supposed to heal to full) need to spend 1 second (GC) to use force mend and heal only 4k, 6 if crit, this is stupid, only bioware can think that's fine. The same amount you heal you lost in the same second, it's almost worthless. While others can heal like 50% of their life, and they arent healers. So who can heal to full? Not sages. Impressive how i try to dps others, and they keep with 100% a long time, and then start to lose, by the time i am almost dead, great work bioware.

Force mend should heal for 35% minimum. What's the point of heal 4k when everybody hit me for 6 to 10k? it could be useful only if it don't trigger GC.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hacks, it's bioware fault that make this garbage, they make a 'balance' patch but make things wrost than it was.

It's stupid how they can say 'sage can heal to full' and then i saw a lot of other classes healing themselves to full, with idiotic design abilities while sage (that supposed to heal to full) need to spend 1 second (GC) to use force mend and heal only 4k, 6 if crit, this is stupid, only bioware can think that's fine. The same amount you heal you lost in the same second, it's almost worthless. While others can heal like 50% of their life, and they arent healers. So who can heal to full? Not sages. Impressive how i try to dps others, and they keep with 100% a long time, and then start to lose, by the time i am almost dead, great work bioware.

Force mend should heal for 35% minimum. What's the point of heal 4k when everybody hit me for 6 to 10k? it could be useful only if it don't trigger GC.

You know that sages are like, really strong now, right?

Really strong, with a effect on bubble easly countered, wait bubble end, use a CC, by the time it ends, the bastion effect is over, so you're dead. And a good buff taking off the luck element on rotation, that was nice, but everybody knows that the real issue for sage is survivability and it was not adressed. 1 improvment that can be countered in a 3 minute cooldown skill isn't even close to enough, meanwhile warriors can use a skill that stand for 30 seconds, and have 10 charges that heal him, that could be 20k, while sage for exemple need 1 second (GC) to use force mend to heal 4k or 6k if crit, in this same 1 second you'll lose the same amount, sooooooo you only trade cooldown if you're lucky enought to crit the force mend and the enemy do not have a skill on cooldown that take 9k on you, cos as sage you'll get hit for 8 to 10k all the time.

In the meanwhile in the new stupid warzone, sniper can go to the pipe, get on cover and be there firing at will, and he cant be leaped nor interrupted cos hes in cover and he'll keep hiting you for 8k and 3.5k.

Sage, there was improvement, but not even close to balance things. Melee keep passing to me and taking half of my life in 1 second, pretty balanced this game.

Edited by Benets

Really strong, with a effect on bubble easly countered, wait bubble end, use a CC, by the time it ends, the bastion effect is over, so you're dead. And a good buff taking off the luck element on rotation, that was nice, but everybody knows that the real issue for sage is survivability and it was not adressed. 1 improvment that can be countered in a 3 minute cooldown skill isn't even close to enough, meanwhile warriors can use a skill that stand for 30 seconds, and have 10 charges that heal him, that could be 20k, while sage for exemple need 1 second (GC) to use force mend to heal 4k or 6k if crit, in this same 1 second you'll lose the same amount, sooooooo you only trade cooldown if you're lucky enought to crit the force mend and the enemy do not have a skill on cooldown that take 9k on you, cos as sage you'll get hit for 8 to 10k all the time.

In the meanwhile in the new stupid warzone, sniper can go to the pipe, get on cover and be there firing at will, and he cant be leaped nor interrupted cos hes in cover and he'll keep hiting you for 8k and 3.5k.

Sage, there was improvement, but not even close to balance things. Melee keep passing to me and taking half of my life in 1 second, pretty balanced this game.

1) If your insta-heal on your sage is only a 6k crit, then there is something wrong with your gear

2) About the sniper...there's this magical thing called LoS that you can use : D

3)#Spelling

4)#Grammar

5)I'm about 85% sure at this point that you don't even know how to play a sage/sorc judging by your posts

first off all my English is not so good sorry about that

second I dunno what I saw didt have proof yet

but in pvp I saw a sith warrior cloak poof away in a middle of a groep when we try to kill him o.O

then he poof back and use some attacks on all off us :confused:

I didt no a warrior can cloak

also ad hoth a vanguard am vanguard to btw did the same trick when he was fighting mobs

he poof away mobs are grey name and later he poof back somewhere els

I dunno what it is a bug ore a hack but its not good

so I dunno if any have seen this ??

first off all my English is not so good sorry about that

second I dunno what I saw didt have proof yet

but in pvp I saw a sith warrior cloak poof away in a middle of a groep when we try to kill him o.O

then he poof back and use some attacks on all off us :confused:

I didt no a warrior can cloak

also ad hoth a vanguard am vanguard to btw did the same trick when he was fighting mobs

he poof away mobs are grey name and later he poof back somewhere els

I dunno what it is a bug ore a hack but its not good

so I dunno if any have seen this ??

Marauders do have an in-combat cloak, so that was not hacking and for the vanguard, it was probably just server lag, bud..Word of advice to you, if you see something fishy, don't come to the forums and start accusing people of hacking, just make a ticket about it or ask some people in general chat as to what it could be

I saw a UFO once...

Hack claims are like UFOs. 99% of the time there is a rational explanation for them. The other 1% of the time....well....

The thing is it is a known fact that speed hacking does occur. Space combat macro leveling does occur. Huttball macro grabbing does occur. And it's been a long time since BW strung up a dead body that it caught and banned for cheating. I'm not an overly blood thirsty guy, but figuratively speaking, seeing a dead body strung up by BW once in awhile wouldn't be a bad thing. Deterrence and pacifying the natives and all that....

Edited by Macroeconomics

I will say that to satisfy my curiosity I have searched the internet and found numerous hacks for SWTOR. The comments on the sites claimed that these hacks worked. I won't say the sites or how to search for them, but I will say it doesn't take much to find them.

I searched the internet and found numerous sites presenting evidence for the existence for UFOs and how the government is covering it all up.....

I searched the internet and found numerous sites presenting evidence for the existence for UFOs and how the government is covering it all up.....

Yeah because that is the same.

Lets all remember that no one hacks PC games EVER and it is impossible to do. No one has ever hacked an MMO and especially not this one because Bioware is all over policing this game just like they are all over all the other bugs and exploits.

Edited by NathanielStarr

Yeah because that is the same.

Lets all remember that no one hacks PC games EVER and it is impossible to do. No one has ever hacked an MMO and especially not this one because Bioware is all over policing this game just like they are all over all the other bugs and exploits.

they do police it though, I have seen people who were hackers get banned (including a friend who I had no idea even did that up until he opened up a new account yelling about the old one getting shut down.) they watch for that stuff they do not joke around with that.

Edited by Sangrar

they do police it though, I have seen people who were hackers get banned (including a friend who I had no idea even did that up until he opened up a new account yelling about the old one getting shut down.) they watch for that stuff they do not joke around with that.

Pretty much, I had a friend who said he tried a speed hack so he could get done with his dailies faster and as soon as he logged on got kicked off and got a message from bioware telling him he was banned for using hacks

Yeah, the speedhack is extremely detectable (as in by software, not by analyzing behavior). No one uses it anymore. But it's incredibly easy to deploy, it's literally a one-click speedhack button in a certain program.

Practical hacks tend to be more subtle. Like said above, the main vulnerability of the game is that the server doesn't decide if you may or may not use a particular ability or gain a particular effect, the client does. Abilities that are on cooldown? Abilities your class doesn't even have? Effects that no player can have? All fair game.

Practical hacks tend to be more subtle. Like said above, the main vulnerability of the game is that the server doesn't decide if you may or may not use a particular ability or gain a particular effect, the client does. Abilities that are on cooldown? Abilities your class doesn't even have? Effects that no player can have? All fair game.

That's all well and good, but how can I cause other players to lag or DC?

Must be a PT thing cause just a week ago I had a PT call me a hacker while on my sage because:

1.) I was taking no damage from him - I dotted him up and then bubbled so I took no damage

2.) He was taking damage while I wasn't moving & while I was moving - my dots tick for about 1000-1200 per tick (WM)

3.) I hit him with an instant 4k ability while moving followed by a 7k hit while still moving- insta cast mind crush followed by a force in balance

Now, with this in mind, you can forget the fact I was in full obroan gear with 2018 expertise, he had, even with bolster only around 1300 expertise. The new sage'sorc bubble builds charges after use to block some damage and prevent some pushback/interupts. Oh and forget that he only had 31k hp and I had 33k to start with. But, with all this in mind, as he said..."sages can't do that". So, I guess using my abilities as they are designed and getting things set up for some burst is what is called hacking now huh? No wait, using pvp gear in a pvp warzone is hacking too! Oh wait, I also forgot that my damage over time effects crits also heal me, spec ability and pvp set bonus). I guess that's hacking too right?

Needless to say, he was a very uninformed PT and spent a lot of time in the respawn zone thanks to me. Well, that is right up until he got several of his teammates convinced I was hacking and 2-3 of them dog piled me....still managed to kite and kill 2 of them from full to death though...the last force in balance that killed both of them was epic....2 kills for the price of one!

The one last piece of info I forgot to add....I had a scoundrel behind and below me who cleansed his fire effects and hotted me up. But, as he said, I was hacking lulz.

• 6 months later...
Hacks ARE in issue. There are websites out there that you can google and get the hacks..I would never recommend that due to getting virus. But right NOW there is an awful lot of hacking going on for PVP. Wrath of Xedrix is a guild that uses them a lot. Disciples uses them a lot. And since people have been calling them out they are going guildless but still running with guildmates. If you are dumb enough to think hacking isn't going on....there are samples on youtube...even ones that tell you straight out they are running hacks.

Your comments are laughable...I bet you are one of the people running these hacks then. I do by the way understand my class and other classes. But when I firing on a lower level person and they absorb all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead...then something is going on. So trust me when I say, this has nothing to do with intelligence.

Much noob very hacks wow

Once again so many people calling hacks when they are confused with abilities and rotations... So when there is a hack, no one believes you...

Every time you cry wolf and get told L2P... You make it that much harder for anyone to actually report a real hack and be taken seriously

From all the comments I've read so far... The people calling hacks have no idea of the abilities of all the classes or how some team members are able to help without you directly seeing it

You also don't know how the hack works or how to accurately describe it or spot it if it does happen

To really be able to identify a hack, exploit or other cheat... You need to know how it is done so that you can tell the difference

Do some research... Don't just google swtor hacks either... You'll get rubbish results... Actually get yourself into a closed hack forum and read/talk to the people who develope them to know how they work... Alternatively go to the deep/dark web and look there, but warning, don't go there if you don't know what you are doing as you are likely to end up with your PC infected with something nasty

Also for a laugh... Read this post... Funny as hell... 9 Layers of PvP Hell

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323501

Edited by Icykill_

It just seems that post opener didn't know how bolster work. He expected to free kill all people who were under his level^^.

BTW, hacks exist, we can deny it. Few days ago, we have all seen a video of speed hack. BUT, the truth is that in more than 2 years of game, i saw hack my self just one time. It was a speed hacks and i have never seen again the guy since that time. I saw lag, I saw bugs, I saw a lot of things but hack.

So I totaly agree with people saying that 99.99% of hack reports are due to missunderstanding of other's class skills.

Edited by Astyannax

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.