Subscriber to FTP - Cartel Coin Cost?

PantherShade

I was wondering if anyone had already researched this topic. I looked for it on the forums, but my 'search-fu' may be lacking.

On a per additional character basis, how much would it cost in cartel coins to open up all regular options currently enjoyed by subscribers?

In specific, if I wanted to transition from being a subscriber to FTP, how much would that cost in Cartel Coins?

Presume that one has not spent any Cartel Coins to open races or special bonus, and that one is not concerned with limits on mission regularity. How much would it cost to bring each of my 8 characters (1 of each type) to the status they enjoy now?

the good news though at least is anything you have previously bought to unlock you will keep including something like ship mailbox or vendor, bad news is stuff like credit cap and content restrictions will not be able to stay unlocked.

Things you can't unlock:

-Customer Service

-Forum Access

-Mission Rewards (credit boxes/item boxes)

-Credit Cap Increase

Things you'd need to unlock:

-Hide Head Slot(~250per character; ~1300 per account)

-Unify Colors (~275 per character; ~1300 per account)

-Artifact Authorization (1200pc;6000pa)

-Section X (385pc;~1500pa)

-Companion Appearance Authorization (~200pc; ?pa)

-Display Title (~100PC; ?pa)

-Display Legacy Name/Title (~80pc; ?pa)

-Bank Unlocks/Inventory Unlocks/Crew Skill unlocks (unsure)

-Quickbar Unlocks (unsure)

-Character Slots (good luck)

That should be about it. Prices are as close as I can remember them, not in game atm to check. Basically if you wanted to buy all of this per account with Cartel Coins you'd be looking at well over $100. Closer to two, most likely. Per character, you're still looking at ~$30-50.

The good news is you can get all of these off of the GTN if you grind up enough credits and there are people selling them. Artifact AUthorization will cost ~250k per character, 600-750k per account (not including the cost of escrow transfers). Hide Head Slot and Unify (account) usually go for 350k. The other unlocks tend to be between 100 and 400k, with Section X and Character SLots being the most expensive and costing upwards of 1mil.

Better start saving.

Edit: In CC cost per character it'd be likely between 3000 and 5000, not including the cost of two character slots.

Edited by stealthrider

several features arent unlockable.

cash cap-

chat restriction-

forum restriction-

weekly passes for desired activities-

other stuff i cant think of.....

Chat restrictions are removed as soon as you spend the $5 to become Preferred. Since he's a sub, he wiill automatically be Preferred status, not F2P. So he will have no chat restrictions.

Funny, when I've been Preferred status ( the majority of my time here ), I have had no chat restrictions.

Posts to General are limited to 1 per minute as preferred, I'm not sure about pure F2P people.

The world would be a better place if everyone had that restriction, if you ask me.

Posts to General are limited to 1 per minute as preferred, I'm not sure about pure F2P people.

The world would be a better place if everyone had that restriction, if you ask me.

I don't spam chat, so I guess that's why I never noticed. I have all the channels, can whisper, use /who, etc., so yeah, not much of a restriction really.

the good news though at least is anything you have previously bought to unlock you will keep including something like ship mailbox or vendor, bad news is stuff like credit cap and content restrictions will not be able to stay unlocked.

this is not 100% accurate if you say sub for a month and got the Rise of the hutt cartel free and unsub then u still keep the expansion unlocked form my understanding but i never saw a offical announcement about this whether it stays or not if u unsub gonna assume yes though

I appreciate the notations of things that I can't unlock, but I don't really play often enough for most of that to be an issue. I've been saving my CC, and I just wanted to see how many it would take to pretty much retain (what I can of) the service I already have. You know, trying to be cost effective and all. :)

Edit: In CC cost per character it'd be likely between 3000 and 5000, not including the cost of two character slots.

THANKS! I may decide to stay a subscriber, but it's nice to know what my options are. Now, I need to see how many CC I have accrued. :cool:

Edited by PantherShade

Since you are have 8 characters I would suggest you should get account wide unlocks.

Here is the prices:

• 2 Character slots - 1200 @600 a piece. You have 8 and at preferred, you get 6.
  • Artifact Equipment Authorization - 1,200 for just one character. It would be more for account wide.
  • Guild Bank Access - 600 for 1 character. More for account wide.
  • Crew skill slot - 420 for one character. More for account wide.
  • Unify Color - 210 for one character: More for account wide.
  • Display character titles - 90 for one character: More for account wide.
  • Hide head slot - 280 for one character: More for account wide.
  • Display legacy name and titles - 50 for one character: More for account wide.

Normally I would give you the price of account wide. Since I do not have enough cartel coins, it will not show me the cost of account wide. It you are looking at, at least double the amount. I would suggest looking at the GTN and getting the more expensive stuff off there before your sub lapses.

Edited by Mdgshorty

I appreciate the notations of things that I can't unlock, but I don't really play often enough for most of that to be an issue. I've been saving my CC, and I just wanted to see how many it would take to pretty much retain (what I can of) the service I already have. You know, trying to be cost effective and all. :)

THANKS! I may decide to stay a subscriber, but it's nice to know what my options are. Now, I need to see how many CC I have accrued. :cool:

Since you do not appear to be imminently headed for Preferred status, I'll offer you a suggestion:

All of the needed unlocks can be acquired from other players in game, generally for pretty reasonable credit prices (due to competition). Unless you struggle with obtaining credit wealth as a player.... this is the better route IMO, That way, you can save your accumulated CCs for things you cannot buy with credits (appearance changes, Collections unlocks, etc).

So, make yourself a list, then take some time each day to bottom fish the market until you have collected up all that you want/need. And I advise getting the "account unlock" versions if possible, unless you only play one or two characters.

I have a complete "go-kit" in storage and ready if I ever decide to stop subscribing but still want to play. It contains every unlock + enough 600K credit escrow unlocks to enable me to cover 40M in credit unlocks as well. The only prep work I would have to do is to decide which characters to let go inactive (you can have 16 active per server if you unlocked all the character expansion slots) and how I want to parcel out my credits across characters (since you cannot mail credits as preferred). Weekly passes, I'll just buy as needed, if I ever downgrade to Preferred.

All-in, and doing bargain shopping over time.. my kit cost me just under 10M credits. The only things I will bump up against is limited chat (no biggie considering chat in it's deteriorated state), limit of one attached item per mail (a minor annoyance), and the inability to move actual credits between characters (which is again, a minor issue to me). I review it about once a month now to make sure it remains current to the state of the game and my character needs.

I honestly don't know if I will ever continue to play SWTOR without a sub, but I have the option when/if I choose to. It was it's own little metagame to me, figuring out how to do and then doing it.

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.