The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WTB, w/ coins, alternate ani's for Consular project and throw - no more junkyard jedi

Dyvim

Ah, my favorite naysayer...lol. Why would EAWare stop....lol. They continue, they continue to make money. The criteria for consular is easy...they have made a jedi class based on sith powers. That is a no brainer. The rest, they can basically listen to customer feedback *gasp*... I know, shocking concept. They provide alternates for what will be the most popular and generate the most revenue based on feedback from the playerbase...kind of like any other business that stays in business by meeting the needs of its customers...lol.

Maybe they make money. I haven't seen the business case. You know what would probably drive you folks to drink? What if they made the alternate animations super-rares in a pack? :D

Edited by Master-Nala

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they make money. I haven't seen the business case. You know what would probably drive you folks to drink? What if they made the alternate animations super-rares in a pack? :D

The business case? How do weapon skins, armor skins, and color crystals do? How do alternate rejuvenation animations do? The case is there and clear.

Edited by Dyvim

The business case? How do weapon skins, armor skins, and color crystals do? How do alternate rejuvenation animations do? The case is there and clear.

Most of those come in packs. You might be on to something. Maybe make them as rare as the top stuff so people have to spend themselves into the poorhouse. :D

Most of those come in packs. You might be on to something. Maybe make them as rare as the top stuff so people have to spend themselves into the poorhouse. :D

I just knew you would be good for at least 3-4 additional bumps...lol.

I just knew you would be good for at least 3-4 additional bumps...lol.

At this point if you haven't figured out that I'm bumping it on purpose then you just haven't been paying attention. :jawa_wink:

EDIT: extra credit if you know the in-game reference

Edited by Master-Nala

The amount of money I would spend on this is staggering to think about lol. I would not kidding drop $50 right off the bat for something like this.

That's interesting. Would that be good or bad though? Let's say they did this and actually made it $50. You've stated you would buy it, but how much complaining would that cause?

That's interesting. Would that be good or bad though? Let's say they did this and actually made it $50. You've stated you would buy it, but how much complaining would that cause?

I think we can all agree, that given other items for sale, $50 would be at the high end of the spectrum. But I would still pay it if it was account wide. But, reasonably it would need to be lower to fall in line with other products. My biggest fear is that they would be put in a set of random packs, as you mentioned earlier, and then you could end up paying much more than $50 if the RNG gods were frowning.

As far as complaining, since its optional, meh, people will always complain...but if these replacements were done, and done well...I'd pay.

If EAWare is listening, here is a way I would pay $50 per account without a grumble....make a PACK of alternate ani's PER CLASS....starting with consulars. If that pack included 4 or 5 alternate ani's, like the suggestions in this thread, that would be awesome, and worth the money. Otherwise, I would like to see them try for the sweet spot of $10 or 1000 cartel coins per ani. Each class would benefit from this....some more than others, IMO, as consular is easily in the worst shape, appearance and lore wise. But practically, it would make sense to keep it to two or three replacements, with an effective cost of $5-$10, or 500-1000 cartel coins each. Just my opinion as a gamer. I'm sure EAWare has its own internal metrics and pricing guidelines for such things. Sell them for 750 coins each or 2500 for a pack of 4 (say Force Burst, Force Burst (Throw), Saber Dance, & Electric Judgment). Heck, there are a number a ways they could do it, but they like bundles, and it would make a lot of sense to bundle the alternate anis for a given class....

But like I was telling you before Nala, people want this, and are willing to pay for it. A lot of fans take the look and feel of their jedi very seriously, and rocks, junk and pebbles don't cut it.

Edited by Dyvim

But like I was telling you before Nala, people want this, and are willing to pay for it. A lot of fans take the look and feel of their jedi very seriously, and rocks, junk and pebbles don't cut it.

Oh I know people want it. People wanted armor dyeing too and it wound up in random packs. Most of the examples you've come up with wound up in random packs. If it happens, I suspect it would be subject to some kind of random chance pack.

So long as that Electric Judgment nonsense isn't a part, I'm good. Like I said, I'm not that opposed (more concerned about the unintended consequences) and I would probably use a different animation for TK throw myself (like project thank you). But that Electric Judgment is just bad...bad...bad. Why Lucas Licensing ever let them put that in the EU is beyond me.

Not even gonna lie, with the Galactic Strongholds announcement I have great hope for this coming to light.

It seems like forever people have been asking for guild ships, player housing (other than the ship), and a Legacy Bank. Now we are getting an update with ALL of that INCLUDED (for FREE too:D).

We have been asking for alternate animations since forever it seems like to, and since they are giving us all this other stuff my hopes have been re-energized that we'll finally get some better looks for our Jedi.

Not even gonna lie, with the Galactic Strongholds announcement I have great hope for this coming to light.

It seems like forever people have been asking for guild ships, player housing (other than the ship), and a Legacy Bank. Now we are getting an update with ALL of that INCLUDED (for FREE too:D).

We have been asking for alternate animations since forever it seems like to, and since they are giving us all this other stuff my hopes have been re-energized that we'll finally get some better looks for our Jedi.

Yes, it is encouraging. I really hope they take our money with this...I also hope they take housing beyond the instance lotro model...which was better than nothing, but didn't synergize the game and bring into it some of the community and social aspects that TOR really needs to start delivering on....but yes, big steps forward.

At this point if you haven't figured out that I'm bumping it on purpose then you just haven't been paying attention. :jawa_wink:

EDIT: extra credit if you know the in-game reference

Ya got me...can't think of it...where is it from?

Edited by Dyvim

Well, again, companions have better force ani's in some cases than player classes (at least on the pub side)....here is another one that would be a GREAT project replacement, and fits into the current scheme of consular abilities as well....and again, ITS ALREADY IN THE GAME:

I know there was a reason I liked the name Force Tremor...it is already in the game....again. This time Kira has it, and it looks very good. I think it is a PBAoE, but the animation itself would be AWESOME as a retooled Project replacement. Kira makes a very cool Hand motion, with force effects, where she reaches up into the air, then slams her hand down...and then the ground quakes and splits as the affected target has particles around him....here is a pic of the start and the end to refresh people's memories:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/knox1709/ForceTremor.jpg"]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/knox1709/ForceTremor.jpg[/url]

P.S., edited original post to include this idea...

Edited by Dyvim

Well, again, companions have better force ani's in some cases than player classes (at least on the pub side)....here is another one that would be a GREAT project replacement, and fits into the current scheme of consular abilities as well....and again, ITS ALREADY IN THE GAME:

I know there was a reason I liked the name Force Tremor...it is already in the game....again. This time Kira has it, and it looks very good. I think it is a PBAoE, but the animation itself would be AWESOME as a retooled Project replacement. Kira makes a very cool Hand motion, with force effects, where she reaches up into the air, then slams her hand down...and then the ground quakes and splits as the affected target has particles around him....here is a pic of the start and the end to refresh people's memories:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/knox1709/ForceTremor.jpg"]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/knox1709/ForceTremor.jpg[/url]

Hmm, that one doesn't excite me.

I can't help but notice it's Force Slam without the target lift.

Edited by Altheran

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed with change animations.

Make them consumables which can be unlocked in collections, each alternate animation is separate. Using 1 replaces the old animation/icon completely. Want the old one back buy the consumables for those.

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. Hopefully, the devs will act on this and take advantage of a very easy way to utilize elements that are already in game, to make EAWare some more money where customers are more than willing to spend it.

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my first post on the SWTOR forums, but this idea deserves it.

/signed

also i would like to point out that they have already changed an animation based on customer feed back in regards to the bounty hunter skill "Tracer missile"

which in all actuality is exactly what we are asking for here...

they took the animation for the bounty hunter skill "fusion missile" and switched it with "tracer missile" so that arsenal mercs weren't spending 90% of their time bent over as if they were taking a dump..

just thought i would point that juicy little fact out to help boost morale about this idea :)

I love the idea, my only thought would be how it handles for other clients - would they show the CM version or the original?

I was thinking for animations that TKT could instead use the project storm animation requiring no change to anything other than the animation the action is linked to as project storm is already a 3s 4 hit channel.

I love the idea, my only thought would be how it handles for other clients - would they show the CM version or the original?

I was thinking for animations that TKT could instead use the project storm animation requiring no change to anything other than the animation the action is linked to as project storm is already a 3s 4 hit channel.

The proposal is to provide other options than junk, rocks, and pebbles, so as such, Project storm is even more ridiculous than project....

As far as what appears on other clients...the alternate animation would, just like with kick the huttball. We are not talking about client side only mods for the player. Since we are paying for it, everyone should see we are using an alternate animation....thanks.

The proposal is to provide other options than junk, rocks, and pebbles, so as such, Project storm is even more ridiculous than project....

I quite like that animation. Feels a lot more powerful than pebbles...

As far as what appears on other clients...the alternate animation would, just like with kick the huttball. We are not talking about client side only mods for the player. Since we are paying for it, everyone should see we are using an alternate animation....thanks.

Except beginners in PvP literally won't know what hit them...

Anyway, just my two pennies for using existing animations for TKT.

Edited by ChroniKill