galactic starfigther is unfair (this will make new people quit really fast).

lukeras

If you notice most of the players that defend and tell frustrated players to "just keep trying GSF and they will get better", either play or have played a maxed out a Flashfire or Gunship. I know for a fact that maxing those ships out will give any player a distinct advantage in either speed and/or damage. I'm not going to feed these dudes kills until some type of balancing mechanic is in place. Hopefully Bioware is currently working on this. GSF is NOT enjoyable for most casual players at the moment. Very disappointing.

I'm a casual player, I use a strike, I solo queue, I die lots somedays, I die little somedays, and I'm still having cartloads of fun.

Pew, pew, pew...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not how it works in the real world. New players getting crushed before they can even do anything is not a positive thing, they aren't learning anything except how to respawn. If they had 2 tiers people could learn in tier 1 and then progress into the next tier for better rewards and more challenge when they feel ready.

But I don't see it happening until they can figure out cross server queing because while a tiered system would probably raise the population of GSF it probably wouldn't be enough to not raise que times.

Besides long que times I really cant see any other reason why anyone would be against a tiered system except mediocre players who need the noobs to pad their scoreboard.

Not how it works in the real world? That is exactly how I learned to play GSF. I went out and died a lot ....until I learned how not to die a lot. I didn't que with more experienced players or get eased into the game with a matchmaking system.

I just went out and flew, opponents be damned.

Edited by MaybeEvil

Not how it works in the real world? That is exactly how I learned to play GSF. I went out and died a lot ....until I learned how not to die a lot. I didn't que with more experienced players or get eased into the game with a matchmaking system.

Same here, but without the forum to help I would have probably quit.

There needs to be a PvE way to get requisitions.

I'm at a point I have decent stats and can do well enough in a match, not everyone gets there though. I've seen many farmed newbies just quit after a handful of matches.

It would create a huge farming opportunity for skilled players. Anyone who has any skill in GSF can do just as well in an unmodified ship, upgrades are merely icing on the cake. With a tiered system what's to stop a really good player from hopping on an alt

Its a pretty easy answer, incentives. Right now nothing stops vets from farming noobs in any ship they want anyways.

Make tier 1 have very little incentives and give tier 2 a lot more.

And yes I agree with the idea that upgraded ships really make no difference, especially in a noob vs vet situation. The only time upgraded ships really matter is when the pilots skill levels are close, and even then only in strikes and scouts.

Just because it worked for you doesn't mean that thousands of players weren't turned off by being bulldozed. I really don't understand the mentality of anyone who would fight against anything that would get more people to play gsf .

If you notice most of the players that defend and tell frustrated players to "just keep trying GSF and they will get better", either play or have played a maxed out a Flashfire or Gunship. I know for a fact that maxing those ships out will give any player a distinct advantage in either speed and/or damage. I'm not going to feed these dudes kills until some type of balancing mechanic is in place. Hopefully Bioware is currently working on this. GSF is NOT enjoyable for most casual players at the moment. Very disappointing.

Whether you want to believe it or not, everyone starts that way. Its hard in the beginning and gets progressively better as you gear up (and learn how to fly). Dont get all pissy and ignore the veteran players, add them friends list and try to fly with them when you can. Otherwise just go for as many objectives as you can to try to get some points going.

it is slow at first, but there is real progression both with experience and gear, you cannot magically skip over this process, its hard and everyone has to do it. Unfortunately until something like cross server pvp happens dont hold your breath for matchmaking. Its entirely dependent on who is online, and if there are only 1-2 games going then you get what you get. No amount of matchmaking can fix this.

Whether you want to believe it or not, everyone starts that way. Its hard in the beginning and gets progressively better as you gear up (and learn how to fly). Dont get all pissy and ignore the veteran players, add them friends list and try to fly with them when you can. Otherwise just go for as many objectives as you can to try to get some points going.

it is slow at first, but there is real progression both with experience and gear, you cannot magically skip over this process, its hard and everyone has to do it. Unfortunately until something like cross server pvp happens dont hold your breath for matchmaking. Its entirely dependent on who is online, and if there are only 1-2 games going then you get what you get. No amount of matchmaking can fix this.

I understand what you are saying but I honestly feel that GSF in it's current state isn't enjoyable. I think a few things could be added to make it more enjoyable.

1. Some type of valor/rating level to allow players of equal valor/rating to be matched together. This is a star wars game and if GSF queues are too low to allow this then there might be a bigger issue with GSF.

2. An area similar to the fleet where people could just hang-out while in their ships. To allow players to discuss GSF, show off their achievements or ship upgrades. Maybe an area where pilots could duel or pick up GSF missions etc..

Just some thoughts.

I am sorry but that's just wrong.

Your skills will certainly get better but it's not enough. When you log on and half to 3/4s of your team is noobs and you are up against organized premades your skill doesn't matter.

Yeah, this is an old thread that was never relevant. Game is roughly 80% skill/experience and 20% upgrades.

This has been long established. I remember how steep the learning curve was and it was brutal but worth it. There are many threads that have reiterated this theme. Better matchmaking would be nice but the player population doesn't allow it. So, in conclusion, quit crying and learn to play. It really is worth it and you'll be surprised after a few 100 matches how much better you are.

One of the best things about starfighter is its extreme depth. It takes a long time to master a ship and learn how to get its maximum potential and I'm not talking about unlocking components. I'm talking about learning how to fly to your greatest potential.

Agreed. GSF strikes me very much like FPS games like Battlefield. You get steamrolled by vets who have lots of experience. Having upgraded weapons helps them kill but ultimately it comes down to them knowing the maps and classes like the back of their hand and having the experience that comes with going through the newbie gauntlet themselves.

I understand what you are saying but I honestly feel that GSF in it's current state isn't enjoyable. I think a few things could be added to make it more enjoyable.

1. Some type of valor/rating level to allow players of equal valor/rating to be matched together. This is a star wars game and if GSF queues are too low to allow this then there might be a bigger issue with GSF.

2. An area similar to the fleet where people could just hang-out while in their ships. To allow players to discuss GSF, show off their achievements or ship upgrades. Maybe an area where pilots could duel or pick up GSF missions etc..

Just some thoughts.

Dont get me wrong im all for additional content. Im not so sure that anything PvE would be appropriate (traditional stuff like kill x npc ship etc) I would be more inclined to see some type of open world or perhaps open zone type GSF content, though this feels very "Pie in the Sky" to me. (Oh and an enhanced tutorial, preferably with bots, different combat situations etc)

Edited by DamascusAdontise