End game, I am disintersted in outfits due to Legacy Bound armor.

DarkMontie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have it wrong. They are raiding for top end gear, putting it into a legacy set, then sharing that legacy set between multiple characters.

I have five 55s, assume they all have the same primary stat, I could obtain five sets of raid gear, so they can all compete efficiently at endgame, or I can obtain one set of raid gear, drop the pieces into a Legacy armor set and share that set between my five characters.

According to your reply I don't have it wrong. I have it exactly right. They are whining. If you want gear on your char in ANY other mmo you have to go raid on that character. Thanks to the legacy gear they get to raid on a main char and gear out their noobie alts easily. In fact you could raid a full set of gear before you even rolled a new char. That is called a LUXURY my friend. How about this? Biowar remove the ability to move mods around in legacy gear. Then there is no complaint. You simply raid on the char that is MEANT to GRIND the gear.

This is just a quality of life whine. Next....

At this point I have to agree with the suggestion made above, we need legacy gear in the packs or the option to spend CC's to convert our favorite armor into legacy gear.

That would only give players more choices on which one set of gear they want all their characters that use for that particular stat.

That would not positively impact multiple aspects of the game for various character levels and create a desire to spend more money in the Cartel Market compared to an appearance tab.

In the end I would still only have one set of legacy gear per stat. I would not spend more money in the cash shop which means I am no longer supporting the game like I used to.

If there was an appearance tab, then I would not only spend more money in the cash shop, i would spend A LOT more money since I can have multiple outfits across all character levels instead of just the one I currently have.

Edited by DarkMontie

I change my outfits depending on what they come out with but I don't do it daily. I get the mods from the other gear, place in my legacy gear, send it to the character that needs mods (and this is not always the same type of mods that my main may be using) mail it, that character removes the mods, places in the gear they are wearing and sends back the legacy gear to my main. My opinion the legacy gear is not that cute so I would never wear it in the first place.

I never have to replace my augments or the tools unless I completely change outfits which I don't for the most part.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

According to your reply I don't have it wrong. I have it exactly right. They are whining. If you want gear on your char in ANY other mmo you have to go raid on that character. Thanks to the legacy gear they get to raid on a main char and gear out their noobie alts easily. In fact you could raid a full set of gear before you even rolled a new char. That is called a LUXURY my friend. How about this? Biowar remove the ability to move mods around in legacy gear. Then there is no complaint. You simply raid on the char that is MEANT to GRIND the gear.

This is just a quality of life whine. Next....

I think you are over-simplifying the choice I am making, when I say I am choosing to wear exclusively legacy gear. You are saying that my choice "is a quality of life whine". That's sort of true, but what's important to consider, is my actual point: by making this quality of life choice, I am telling BW with my wallet, that my quality of life is more important to me, than every thing they are trying to sell me in their gambling backs. Yes, that means, I'm placing a higher value on my quality of life, than my fashion, but the important implication is that BW cannot get any extra money out of me and any like-minded player.

And that's why the issue is more than a whine. I'm comfortable paying BW more money on occasion. But not at the expense of my quality of life. If that point doesn't make sense to you, then fine...continue to call me a whiner. But at least understand the true point of the discussion.

I change my outfits depending on what they come out with but I don't do it daily. I get the mods from the other gear, place in my legacy gear, send it to the character that needs mods (and this is not always the same type of mods that my main may be using) mail it, that character removes the mods, places in the gear they are wearing and sends back the legacy gear to my main. My opinion the legacy gear is not that cute so I would never wear it in the first place.

I never have to replace my augments or the tools unless I completely change outfits which I don't for the most part.

Same here. New packs pop about every 6 weeks or so and that sometimes presents new gear I want, and sometimes not. On average I replace 2-3 pieces for several of my character every 4-6 weeks. Sometimes.. that will include a companion, sometimes not. Sometimes more pieces, sometimes not. Sometimes multiple characters at once, sometimes not.

And the only characters where there is any sort of real expense is my end game characters.. and I earn many many times more credits between changes in gear such that it's really not a financial burden in game.

I get what the OP is doing and wants... but the reality is that the game was not designed with gear portability in the manner in which he desires it. And I really don't see the need to do so either.

However ... I am KEENLY interested in their armoring, mods and enhancements.

You and EVERYONE me thinks. :D

Personally, I love that I can control my appearance through modable gear, and not have to wear the clown suits that are handed out as top tier gear in most MMOs. And, frankly, I am fine with the fact that there is a cost for doing so. The game economy is tuned to take this into account, so I don't agree with the "poverty consciousness" that get presented in the forum by some.

Edited by Andryah

I'm unfamiliar with legacy bound gear beyond the inheritance items. What is legacy bound gear and where can I get it?

All that space gear we just got from GSF update is legacy bound, so are the free event stuff and I think some of the stuff from Makeb

Edited by kirorx

The legacy stuff is coveniant but it's still always the look I want for my character so I use the legacy hear to transport mods and then put the mods in gear that I got foe the CM or GTN.

I think most people do this, so I don't see a problem here.

CM stuff are visual luxury items, as long as they look cool we will buy them

Sounds like a personal problem. If you have that many level 55s, then you should have more than enough credits that you shouldn't need to keep your characters in hand-me-downs from alts. Given the latest reports on the revenue that they are generating on the CM, it seems that almost no one is sharing your experience.

I want an appearance tab as well.

I only use legacy gear on my 50-55s. There is no reason to roll on the same item multiple times when you already own it.

It is not financially sound to buy MK-9s and Augments for every character and it is not socially responsible to roll NEED on gear when you don't need it. I may gouge you on the GTN but I'm not going to roll need on something I already own just so every character can have their own set.

Over the last few months I have completely stopped using CM gear on my end game toons. My 100 dollar a month allowance for SWTOR is now being spent on other games.

Edited by illgot

I made this exact point to Eric Musco at the cantina event in Phoenix today., though from a different angle. With 17 toons on my server, which encompasses every single advanced class, I'm just not going to wear anything but Legacy gear on any of my LVL 55's (currently 11 and counting).

For me, it's not the cost to change my outfit....I would gladly pay that now and again. I've seen cool stuff in CM packs that I would certainly wear for a while, get bored of, and then change to something else. I would be willing to accept the cost of re-augmenting and ripping mods out, gladly, on a periodic basis. That's a reasonable credit sink, in my opinion.

But I won't pay that cost on a daily basis...which is what legacy gear allows me to do...avoid that cost daily. I can share gear between (for example) a Sniper and a Gunslinger and avoid the costs of ripping out mods to share my BiS gear across 2 or more toons. In this case, I'm not using the legacy system to spend comms on my main to gear an alt, I'm using the legacy system to gear a Juggernaut and a Guardian or a Sage and a Sorc, etc. That's a huge savings, that can be realized as often as daily, which makes Legacy gear compelling, once the number of LVL 55 alts you have gets up there.

Eric heard my feedback.

In my solution (different from the OP), I said the CM needs to sell legacy gear. I know my solution undermines the fee they get for collections unlocks, so it probably won't go my way either. But they need to do something, or the CM gear of today is simply of no use to me...which was my point to Eric, and why he paid attention to my comment. I made it clear, I'm not paying for gambling packs, because the gear I would get from it isn't Legacy,. If you want more $$$ out of me, something in this space has to change.

It may work actually - if they made collection unlocked and summoned ones legacy bound.

You got set from CM/GTN... bound it to go in collection system then summon legacy bind one from there.

No change of current system needed, only what collection summon produce from BoP to BoL.

Hmm... this goes in suggestion section :)

Edited by morfius

The OP's point is that he/she would buy more Cartel Market items if they were bind-to-legacy. The OP wants bind-to-legacy in order to avoid the augment slot addition costs and mod rip costs that come from multiple alts sharing mods in non-legacy bound gear.

Sure, Bioware would like to make more money from the CM. But Bioware also seems to be pretty responsible in terms of ensuring the game's economy is healthy. Augment slot addition costs and mod rip costs are a very important credit sink, and are undoubtedly necessary for the health of the game's economy.

Bioware would have to substitute one kind of credit sink for another, which might not meet the OP's requirements. In theory, Bioware could enable a CM item to be converted to bind-to-legacy by paying credits. The payment would need to be in credits, not Cartel Coins, in order to be an effective substitute credit sink. The credit fee would need to be rather high -- perhaps 50K credits per item.

The OP's point is that he/she would buy more Cartel Market items if they were bind-to-legacy. The OP wants bind-to-legacy in order to avoid the augment slot addition costs and mod rip costs that come from multiple alts sharing mods in non-legacy bound gear.

Sure, Bioware would like to make more money from the CM. But Bioware also seems to be pretty responsible in terms of ensuring the game's economy is healthy. Augment slot addition costs and mod rip costs are a very important credit sink, and are undoubtedly necessary for the health of the game's economy.

Bioware would have to substitute one kind of credit sink for another, which might not meet the OP's requirements. In theory, Bioware could enable a CM item to be converted to bind-to-legacy by paying credits. The payment would need to be in credits, not Cartel Coins, in order to be an effective substitute credit sink. The credit fee would need to be rather high -- perhaps 50K credits per item.

no, I think the OPs point is that he wants an Appearance Tab.

OP has already stated that just making all CM gear Legacy Bound would solve nothing as players would still only have one look end game. Most of my newer characters since the CM only had one look from start to finish until I started using Legacy gear. I have seen excellent appearance systems and just flat out refuse to spend a lot of money on such a cumbersome system.

I'm with OP in this. I have one set of gear fully augmented for each stat (DPS gear). It costs me over 1.5 million to augment one set and another 500k to rip end game mods out of all the equipment.

Even leveling new characters, it is no fun having multiple looks.

Charge me to use an appearance tab, charge me every time I activate it or put new gear in the appearance slots. There are a countless ways to create money sinks with an appearance tab that would be more effective than the current system and make players want to buy more sets from the CM.

The appearance system we have now is not fun to use and not worth using often. It's just a pain in the *** changing all your mods just because you are vising a new planet for the next hour.

Edited by illgot

50k is not high...500k is not even all that high these days. I'd put it at 1mil per. As most raiders have 3mil or so sitting around assuming they aren't learning content. The point is for it to be a true sink after all...to suck out a LOT of money, not a slow drip. Besides...7mil and you now have a look you can shift around forever more? worth it. Might you have to work some to get the money? Yup...which is a GOOD thing.

50k is not high...500k is not even all that high these days. I'd put it at 1mil per. As most raiders have 3mil or so sitting around assuming they aren't learning content. The point is for it to be a true sink after all...to suck out a LOT of money, not a slow drip. Besides...7mil and you now have a look you can shift around forever more? worth it. Might you have to work some to get the money? Yup...which is a GOOD thing.

85 milions just to gear alts with vanity BoL shells... are you crazy?

All of them have 4 free BoL sets.

All reputation vendors have legacy sets that cost much less than a million.

I know there is players with much more than 85, but not all of us grind like mad dogs.

If CM set goes to 7-8 mil to be useful I would never buy one from GTN, I don't buy from CM, don't play their drop box game, so I have to accept being 2nd class even subbed and been limited to those free sets only or simply unsub and leave.

And majority of casual players will do the same.

When GTN sales of CM items sink, nobody will buy packs just to sell them or be able to resell stuff not needed... CM income will sink too. Put on top leaving casual subs.

You just killed this game.

I hope BW have more common sense than you...

It's not a question of spending creds swapping mods, it's a convenience and time issue when you're jumping to the other faction to raid. Going to a mailbox and mailing legacy armor and weapons takes less than a minute so I do that instead of the alternative. If you don't share mods with an alt then the CM armor is fun but I'd rather see that armor have the option to make it bind to legacy for X amount of CC's, I'd resume my monthly CC purchases again.

It's not a question of spending creds swapping mods, it's a convenience and time issue when you're jumping to the other faction to raid. Going to a mailbox and mailing legacy armor and weapons takes less than a minute so I do that instead of the alternative. If you don't share mods with an alt then the CM armor is fun but I'd rather see that armor have the option to make it bind to legacy for X amount of CC's, I'd resume my monthly CC purchases again.

I would rather see Bioware spend some time and create an appearance tab system.

That way people can switch outfits any time they wish with the press of one button.

It is not fun or engaging to remove all your mods and augments, purchase new MK-9s then plug everything back in just to change your look. And you will never see people changing their look on the fly for a special event or to match the planet they are visiting.

Many MMOs have money sinks built into their appearance system so that is not an excuse for keeping the current system.

I doubt any changes will come. Instead, once the next gen games start coming out, people will look at SWTOR as being even more dated considering games released 10 years ago have many staple features this one lacks.

Edited by illgot