How does madness play?

Kogarvandalin

Well all enjoy different things, yes. :)

Though, like I said, I only started to dislike Deception once I already was 55 and was in Ops.

Leveling up, Deception was lovely, and I've never leveled as Madness.

I'm really on the fence about keeping my assassin or scrapping him.

He's 55 I've spent a ton of time playing him. And I love the way he looks.

I just hate tanking with him. Dark Ward just seems annoying and a pain in the butt for me to keep up. And I don't like watching for 3 stacks in order to use force lightening.

Deception I hate the facing requirement. I do really good burst damage and can complete my dailies with no issues but I just cannot stand that some abilities I have to worry about the way the mob is facing.

How is madness play? Is it all DoT spec? Does it take forever to kill normals or silvers?

You need other AOE damage in your group basically so that madness can be effective.

Madness is a joke. People might tell you otherwise, but only 1 or 2 players, with positions in top tier raiding guilds can even obtain the gear you need to put up even average DPS numbers.

Several of the abilities pre-2.0 were removed, because of a personal grudge against madness sins, because the reasons stated just did not make any sense.

Avoid the pain, and just use a sniper or marauder. The "Class Rep" wont help you either. The last round resulted in a buff to Thrash (ROFL) and no fix.

Some of us tried to save madness. We were told by our own class rep to l2p, healtofull, lol.

For those of you that remember madness pre-2.0, you know how fun that assassins used to be. Now it has become a joke to DPS as a sin, unless you are 1v1 pvp.

Madness is a joke. People might tell you otherwise, but only 1 or 2 players, with positions in top tier raiding guilds can even obtain the gear you need to put up even average DPS numbers.

Took me 2 weeks to go from full obroan only to almost full 78. Another 3 later I'm pretty much full BiS.

Try again.

So I started "Madness Mondays" in my pvp guild in an attempt to get some of the other less experienced Sins to try new things. It's actually pretty fun for being so one-sided and nearly useless. Here are some things I learned :

In rateds, you will die. Fast. And then you will be /laughed at.

In regs, don't solo queue. Also, almost no one pays attention to a sin dancing in and out of a group fight. Plays a bit like a madness sorc, except you don't have the "hey look i'm a sorc!" icon over your head. Run in, (pop reck)DF, discharge on everyone, thrash the guy next to you, CD, CT and run away. Repeat. Sure, you have no burst to solo anything, but it's fun as hell watching a tank frantically switch guard as you dot everything in sight or watching a healer slowly melt away to nothing. It's an easy way to a lol-worthy 1mil damage and you'll probably never die.

lol wut?

LOL look its the top parsing sin in the game, come to tell everyone how easy it is!!!

Look dude, you telling people its easy is like Tony Hawk telling people about skating vert ramp. Because you have a raid group that even lets you run a sin does not mean its easy. Groups dont want the lowest DPS class, they choose alternatives.

Madness is fail. One or two exceptions does not change that. I imagine a player like MMerry would lead the dps boards no matter what class he or she played. The average player cannot compete in madness. Period.

dat 50+ crit% on shadow strike and force breach. i'm gunna puke ;P

I got another with 3450 using PvE relics after.. but havn't gotten 3.5 again yet :p

I'm going after knight's record when I get full BiS though :p

Edited by Evolixe

I am very impressed. No really.

Nevermind Bioware, Sins are awesome! LOL.

That is a very good parse for assassins/shadows. The problem is we still pull quite a bit less than just about every other dps class out there with exception being sorcs/sages and powetechs/vanguards. And our closest relative(at least to deception/infiltration) concealments ops are parsing like 3.7-4k dps. I'm not saying our dps is horrible because it is certainly not as bad as it used to be and I know some people are going to say sin dps is fine, but to me when the top 2 of our class are parsing 3600 dps while almost every other class is parsing 3.7+ there is an issue. I'm not an expert on the class by no means. I don't know what we "need". But we need something.

LOL look its the top parsing sin in the game, come to tell everyone how easy it is!!!

Look dude, you telling people its easy is like Tony Hawk telling people about skating vert ramp. Because you have a raid group that even lets you run a sin does not mean its easy. Groups dont want the lowest DPS class, they choose alternatives.

Madness is fail. One or two exceptions does not change that. I imagine a player like MMerry would lead the dps boards no matter what class he or she played. The average player cannot compete in madness. Period.

Im not telling anyone that anything is easy. I'm lol wuting the fact that no raid group on your server will take you just because you are an Assassin. The dps checks in HM DP and DF are ridiculously low. Even in the previous NiM content you could bring a shadow or assassin and kill bosses. Idk man the class isn't the highest parsing but it is certainly capable of clearing content.

I got another with 3450 using PvE relics after.. but havn't gotten 3.5 again yet :p

my previous best is 3480 something if i remember correctly; that's close enough to me to make me want to try for the same. if only i could take advantage of that inspiration, my game client went all fail on me and i'm in the long process of troubleshooting and redownloading.

my previous best is 3480 something if i remember correctly; that's close enough to me to make me want to try for the same. if only i could take advantage of that inspiration, my game client went all fail on me and i'm in the long process of troubleshooting and redownloading.

Awh :(