FYI. I record my GSF matches, details inside

siegeshot

Hello All,

:csw_vadertie: (pew pew>>> <<<pew pew) :csw_snowspeeder:

Most of you don't know me. I record all my GSF matches and upload them to youtube. Channel name swtorPaladin. I try to add them all to the specific playlist but I'm lagging a little behind because it's hard to keep up. Something I need to work on. Here's the info if you're interested.

My play style for the Quarrel is "ranged support" meaning I stay on the back lines, trying to either slow people down so the strikers and scouts can pick them off easier, or trying to slow people down chasing the strikers and scouts. I rarely get a striker or scout supporting me, so I've learned to do fairly well on my own. Here's the specifics if you're interested.

Begeren Colony

Repub side

Ship: SGS-45 Quarrel (I'll be sunsetting my Quarrel for a "Bomber" here in a few weeks).

Co-Pilot: B-3G9

Components:

Burst Laser 2/3

Ion Rail maxed

Plasma Rail 0

Shields (Fortress, maxed)

Engines (Rotational, 2/3)

Minor Components:

Armor (Deflection, maxed)

Magazine (Regen Extender, maxed)

Reactor (Large Reactor, maxed)

Sensors (Ranged, maxed)

I hope you will come check out the channel. If I can get enough support I'll essentially move to GSF if it's a choice between GSF and PvP WZ's but I need to know if there's a legitimate interest or not, so please let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by siegeshot

dude, you seriously need to learn about POWER MANAGEMENT.

you can get from spawn to node via roll-boost-roll in a gunship if you use correct power management.

edit, just caught your latest vid, YOU LEARNT ABOUT POWER MANAGEMENT!

now, you change the UI the same as you change the rest of your UI.

edit 2: have you explored the wonders of the TAB key?

Edited by dancezwithnubz

Thank you for all the kind words. I answer it in a vlog. Easier than trying to answer it all in a post.

Sorry it sounds a little uppity. I just get defensive. :( I really do appreciate the comments. Thanks!

As long as things don't get too aggressive and personal I'll do one of these vids every 5-6 posts or so.

Thanks!

Dude you posted your build, I told you how to make it better, and your response is in a VLOG instead of this thread? If you post in a thread, then post in a thread.

I get playing with bad copilots because of RP or preference or great joy about the copilot. That's fine, but you posted a build. No one should be using hydro spanner on their gunship- even post nerf Nadia Grell is gonna be tops. You also, I will point out, bothered to post in a DIFFERENT THREAD ENTIRELY saying that it wasn't possible to one shot scouts with gunships, when I just did it four times in the last game. So if you are going to pick your components and crew for RP reasons, accept that:

1- That build is going to be suboptimal.

2- No one should take your advice unless they have very similar goals to you (ex: the robot rules and they like him too).

3- You should not talk like you understand how the game plays out outside of players who handicap themselves.

dude, you seriously need to learn about POWER MANAGEMENT.

you can get from spawn to node via roll-boost-roll in a gunship if you use correct power management.

edit, just caught your latest vid, YOU LEARNT ABOUT POWER MANAGEMENT!

now, you change the UI the same as you change the rest of your UI.

edit 2: have you explored the wonders of the TAB key?

Just one question, who's the nubscout flying around with my name over there?

re: keybinds.

I mapped power management to my mouse scroll wheel. flick forward for engines, pull back for weapons or shift + back for shields.

now, I put "select target cursor" to pressing the mouse wheel and 'cycle last attacker' (default: Shift + Tab) to Shift + Mousewheel.

Tab just cycles through your nearest opponents.

Dude you posted your build, I told you how to make it better, and your response is in a VLOG instead of this thread? If you post in a thread, then post in a thread.

I get playing with bad copilots because of RP or preference or great joy about the copilot. That's fine, but you posted a build. No one should be using hydro spanner on their gunship- even post nerf Nadia Grell is gonna be tops. You also, I will point out, bothered to post in a DIFFERENT THREAD ENTIRELY saying that it wasn't possible to one shot scouts with gunships, when I just did it four times in the last game. So if you are going to pick your components and crew for RP reasons, accept that:

1- That build is going to be suboptimal.

2- No one should take your advice unless they have very similar goals to you (ex: the robot rules and they like him too).

3- You should not talk like you understand how the game plays out outside of players who handicap themselves.

Thanks, I'll respond to all of that nonsense :rak_02: you just posted in my next vlog.

Just one question, who's the nubscout flying around with my name over there?

Heehee! I'm not sure. That's pretty funny though.

re: keybinds.

I mapped power management to my mouse scroll wheel. flick forward for engines, pull back for weapons or shift + back for shields.

now, I put "select target cursor" to pressing the mouse wheel and 'cycle last attacker' (default: Shift + Tab) to Shift + Mousewheel.

Tab just cycles through your nearest opponents.

Wow, that is an amazing binding routine. I'm going to have to think about it.

Yea I know tab cycles through my nearest opponents except it has no priority or intelligence. I'm usually getting attacked by two people or am too close to turrets when I actually need to use it. So what I'm doing as of tonight is constantly hitting my Esc key so it just tells me who is hitting me. I use tab if I'm defending now to make sure nobody's being sneaky.

Hope this makes sense. If tab had a lot of intelligence baked into it I'd definitely use it. Like if it prioritized for me or something. Instead now I'm being attacked and it's like "OH THERE'S A TURRET AT 18000!" And then I die from a guy at 1000. :p So hitting escape and then using my rotational thrusters has really been saving me.

Thanks, I'll respond to all of that nonsense :rak_02: you just posted in my next vlog. .

can I suggest you start scripting out your vlog before recording the audio. your 'stream of consciousness' style is, well to be honest, i find it as boring as Bantha poodoo.

having some kind of point you're trying to make in each video will also do wonders for their viewability.

Wow, that is an amazing binding routine. I'm going to have to think about it.

Yea I know tab cycles through my nearest opponents except it has no priority or intelligence. I'm usually getting attacked by two people or am too close to turrets when I actually need to use it. So what I'm doing as of tonight is constantly hitting my Esc key so it just tells me who is hitting me. I use tab if I'm defending now to make sure nobody's being sneaky.

Hope this makes sense. If tab had a lot of intelligence baked into it I'd definitely use it. Like if it prioritized for me or something. Instead now I'm being attacked and it's like "OH THERE'S A TURRET AT 18000!" And then I die from a guy at 1000. :p So hitting escape and then using my rotational thrusters has really been saving me.

err Shift + Tab (or in my case, Shift + M3) cycles through the last people to attack you, in order from most recent to the first person to shoot you after you spawned. if you got hit last by a turret, it'll cycle to a turret. hit it again, and get whatever shot you prior to the turret.

it works just fine.

Thanks, I'll respond to all of that nonsense :rak_02: you just posted in my next vlog.

None of it is nonsense. Insulting me by refusing to post in a discussion thread- instead responding on an entirely different website, in a different mode completely- is really out of line.

Actually I'll let you guys know (you both sound like upstanding citizens of the "entitlement generation") that I don't really have to do anything.

The rest of you interested in chatting, go ahead and post wherever you want from video to video. I don't mind. Unsubbing from the channel, see ya'll on youtube.

Actually I'll let you guys know (you both sound like upstanding citizens of the "entitlement generation") that I don't really have to do anything.

The rest of you interested in chatting, go ahead and post wherever you want from video to video. I don't mind. Unsubbing from the channel, see ya'll on youtube.

you came here seeking input and feedback on your videos.

we gave you input and feedback.

i've been nice up until now, so let me state for the record that I truly hope no nubs find your videos as they will wind up with a very poor understanding of how GSF works.

Go read my posts and try to find wording where I say you must do something.

You have done nothing but insult me in this thread and on a video where you screencap the forum while stream of consciousness responding. And I'm somehow entitled? Why, because I expect you to respond in like kind?