SWTOR forum legends - the famous and the infamous

kimdante

So is telling someone they have autism. That's offensive.

I didn't actually tell someone they have autism. I said "or has autism", which means I suggested they have it, so i never actually said "You have autism"

1. Learn to read

2. Reply when you can think of a better argument

:rolleyes:

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't actually tell someone they have autism. I said "or has autism", which means I suggested they have it, so i never actually said "You have autism"

1. Learn to read

2. Reply when you can think of a better argument

:rolleyes:

Continue back pedaling.

A lot of people were offended by your ridiculous name calling. So it's not just myself who 1) Can't read.. and.. 2) cannot think of a better argument.

Says the person who said autism is a disease. LOL. Let me guess, people with autism should be put down or magically cured? You truly are a disgusting human being.

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-autism-a-disease

Oh and courtesy of webster

dis·ease noun \di-ˈzēz\

: an illness that affects a person, animal, or plant : a condition that prevents the body or mind from working normally

Sounds like it fits Autism to me.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Who said i was using it as an insult? You, and a few others did. Why? Because you automatically presumed i did (when I suggested someone has it) due to the fact you have something against people with mental illnesses.

It would be me saying something like "You are a homosexual", and then you go "HOW DARE YOU! That's very insulting!", when you could just say "No, you are mistaken, I am not a homosexual". The first one would mean you have a problem with homosexuality, just like you have a problem with autism.

It's much easier to understand why a person does certain things if you find out they have a mental illness you know?

"Oh, this person has a mental illness/learning difficulty (or whatever), now i understand why they're acting this way"

I have nothing against people with mental illnesses.

Duran'del here:

I'm an Aspy. I'm on the autism spectrum, and I find what you said highly insulting. You evidently have something against people who have "mental illness". Autism isnt a illness. Its a disorder. You blindly used a disorder that makes life very hard for thousands of people to describe something that is simply not true. You have shown your immaturity by saying that BW has Autism because of what they do.

Guess what? I'm also atheist. And I thought religious people were supposed to be kind.

So that's a double ouch. Sticks and stones break my bones, and words do hurt.

Says the person who said autism is a disease. LOL. Let me guess, people with autism should be put down or magically cured? You truly are a disgusting human being.

Duran'del here:

Illness and disease are synonymous. LOL.

Now let's get done with this talk about autism and get back to the thread.

There you go again being insulting at the expense of Autism. What a horrible human being.

At this point, I think it's just that the whole forum has been so predictable about taking his bait that the fun's gone out of it for him.

So now it's just a game of "How over-the-top outlandish do I have to get before (a) people actually do catch on to what I'm doing and stop responding, or (b) I actually do get banned?"

Edited by DarthDymond

Goodness someone is ignorant. There are many spectrum of Autism. I live with an autistic brother who cannot speak, communicates via a talker, prone to major OCDs, low IQ and violent temper tantrums.

**** already tossing it around as if its some casual insult.

Edited by Nickious

At this point, I think it's just that the whole forum has been so predictable about taking his bait that the fun's gone out of it for him.

So now it's just a game of "How over-the-top outlandish do I have to get before (a) people actually do catch on to what I'm doing and stop responding, or (b) I actually do get banned?"

This prolly my last night of posting until I can re-sub again. Gotta get my money's worth.

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-autism-a-disease

Oh and courtesy of webster

dis·ease noun \di-ˈzēz\

: an illness that affects a person, animal, or plant : a condition that prevents the body or mind from working normally

Sounds like it fits Autism to me.

Thank you for proving my point. Autism is NOT a disease. You've just fallen flat on your face. :rolleyes:

And by the way, saying autism is a disease is very offensive to some people.

So now it's just a game of "How over-the-top outlandish do I have to get before (a) people actually do catch on to what I'm doing and stop responding, or (b) I actually do get banned."

You're catching on. The others don't realize how swiftly this thread will end if they continue bickering.

beniblingboy, wolfninjajedi- bloody awesome loremasters, and furious debaters.

Also,

bright_ephemera- for promoting the fanfic community so much

alaurin- for seriously organizing the multitude of fanfics on this site.

Tatile and YoshiRaphElan- for posting valid points everywhere at once, as well as some great fanfics.

I seriously hope these people count, lol.

Edited by Xakthul

Too late! The defenders are on a roll! :rolleyes:

Did you not read my first post? I'm an atheist aspy. You derailed the thread by insulting autistic people.

Also, to quote Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that word means what you think it does". You're misusing the word "defender".

This has already attracted many people, and its soon to be with EM, all because y'all started bickering nonsensically.

Hey, if it lets them vent some stream because of the troubles in their personal life, then ill understand why they're like this :rolleyes: