So this really shouldn't happen. Killing Quest Givers.

Blowwtorch

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's just like... your opinion, man.

whatever other changes they made - this one was long time coming, was certainly change for the better and the fact that essentially griefing other players was your favorite part of the game... I'm judging you so hard right now, dude.

Sarcasm:p

• 2 weeks later...
I had a great experience on Tatooine. At this one Imperial base, I forgot the name, it's the most north situated base laying at cliff side, has two killable quest givers. A Republic trooper was camping them, yelling she is holding them both hostage and if I want talk to them I have to pay ransom. For the lack of the ability to transfer credits, I was forced to do a series of humiliating emotes, so I could talk to them before she would shoot them both again. Edited by Dragoon-

I had a great experience on Tatooine. At this one Imperial base, I forgot the name, it's the most north situated based laying at cliff side, has two killable quest givers. A Republic trooper was camping them, yelling she is holding them both hostage and if I want talk to them I have to pay ransom. For the lack of the ability to transfer credits, I was forced to do a series of humiliating emotes, so I could talk to them before she would shoot them both again.

That's actually quite funny to be honest. Pain in the behind sure but funny as well.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yeah this happened to me and a friend on tatooine many moons ago ( about a year and a half ). We where on a couple of imps and where just about to get the black box heroic when a Jedi appeared and slaughtered the quest giver , I questioned why and he didn't even know it was a quest giver or that he would be able to kill him. We are on a PVE server.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I like the idea of being able to kill enemy npcs in the opposing bases. I always did that on RIFT. But it was a pvp server not pve. I think they should introduce the mechanic of being able to kill enemy npcs. Makes for a more interesting setup. Then the guardians can all rush to kill the opposing person who is killing the npcs. Would set up some OWPvP.

PvE = Player vs Environment

PvP = Player vs Player

NPC = Environment

It's not really that big of a deal, they do respawn you know, and fairly quickly. It's pretty funny what people consider griefing these days.

This. MMOers have become increasingly entitled over the years. Anything that causes them a moments pause is griefing.

It's fine. There are a ton of other things to do if quest givers are dead. If you're hell bent on railroading yourself through whatever quest line you're on: go get a drink and a snack. They'll respawn shortly.

Edited by Telaan

This. MMOers have become increasingly entitled over the years. Anything that causes them a moments pause is griefing.

It's fine. There are a ton of other things to do if quest givers are dead. If you're hell bent on railroading yourself through whatever quest line you're on: go get a drink and a snack. They'll respawn shortly.

Or you can repeatedly kill them over and over so they never respawn :)

Or you can repeatedly kill them over and over so they never respawn :)

True, but considering the average mmoer has the attention span of a pepperoni pizza; one fp or wz and they'll be gone in search of their next bit of entertainment.

Killing enemy faction npcs is the definition of pve.

Unless there are other players around trying to get quests from those NPCs.

Then it becomes PvP. Because you're no longer "versus" the environment. You're "versus" the other players.

Unless there are other players around trying to get quests from those NPCs.

Then it becomes PvP. Because you're no longer "versus" the environment. You're "versus" the other players.

On a pvp server: yes.

- But those are the risks of a pvp server.

On a pve server: no.

- You'd have to flag yourself; and at that point it's your fault.

Edited by Telaan

I believe that during beta or very early after release, all the quest givers were attackable but they quickly changed sp that other faction's players could no longer kill essential NPCs. It looks like they may have missed those NPCs when going through the list. I suggest reporting it as a bug so that they can fix it for those NPCs as well.

On a pvp server: yes.

- But those are the risks of a pvp server.

On a pve server: no.

- You'd have to flag yourself; and at that point it's your fault.

If you're killing a quest giver, that the other player was trying to use, your against aren't against the "environment" but against the other player.

Edited by Khevar

Lamebears defending their cowardly actions of killing quest givers by stating they want to start OWPVP while hiding on a PvE server because they get stomped on the full PvP server they're supposed to be on. And then they wonder why PvPers are the minority red-headed stepchildren of the mmorpg genre. Edited by Zorvan

If you're killing a quest giver, that the other player was trying to use, your against aren't against the "environment" but against the other player.

Anytime someone kills a quest mob you're after they're against the player. Anytime someone gets a resource node before me that's against the player.

See what I did there....

It's not even remotely close to pvp.

Lamebears defending their cowardly actions of killing quest givers by stating they want to start OWPVP while hiding on a PvE server because they get stomped on the full PvP server they're supposed to be on. And then they wonder why PvPers are the minority red-headed stepchildren of the mmorpg genre.

It's not possible to be heroic or cowardly in a mmo.....it's a video game. There are also no full pvp servers; well, no full servers at all. Lastly the conclusion you drew based on the "information" in your thread is just lol.

Your post is really just nonsense.

It's not possible to be heroic or cowardly in a mmo.....it's a video game. There are also no full pvp servers; well, no full servers at all. Lastly the conclusion you drew based on the "information" in your thread is just lol.

Your post is really just nonsense.

Here, let me make it easier for those who rid the short bus.

So-called PvPers crying for open world PvP on PvE servers.

So-called PvPers killing quest givers on PvE servers to grief PvEers and try to get their oh-so-wanted open world PvP.

These so-called PvPers are known as lamebears. Their only real PvP skill involves hassling PvEers. They cry for open world PvP, but are afraid to play n PvP servers made for such content. These are also the douches that try to trick PvEers into becoming flagged so they can kill them easily because their mighty PvP skils amount to nothing against similar skilled and geared PvPers.

Want open world PvP, play on the PvP server where you belong.

Want to grief other players by killing quest givers, do it on the PvP server where you belong.

Want to continue crying that your PvP gameplay is somehow being infringed because PvEers don't want to deal with your childish bullcrap? Then continue being a lamebear.

Edited by Zorvan

Anytime someone kills a quest mob you're after they're against the player. Anytime someone gets a resource node before me that's against the player.

See what I did there....

It's not even remotely close to pvp.

That's funny.

Have you noticed that the game doesn't auto flag you for PvP when competing for open world resources, but it DOES when you go into an enemy base to kill its quest givers?

Here, let me make it easier for those who rid the short bus.

So-called PvPers crying for open world PvP on PvE servers.

So-called PvPers killing quest givers on PvE servers to grief PvEers and try to get their oh-so-wanted open world PvP.

These so-called PvPers are known as lamebears. Their only real PvP skill involves hassling PvEers. They cry for open world PvP, but are afraid to play n PvP servers made for such content. These are also the douches that try to trick PvEers into becoming flagged so they can kill them easily because their mighty PvP skils amount to nothing against similar skilled and geared PvPers.

Want open world PvP, play on the PvP server where you belong.

Want to grief other players by killing quest givers, do it on the PvP server where you belong.

Want to continue crying that your PvP gameplay is somehow being infringed because PvEers don't want to deal with your childish bullcrap? Then continue being a lamebear.

I play on pot5. You don't know me. Your post both lacked direction and logic. Don't post mad.

That's funny.

Have you noticed that the game doesn't auto flag you for PvP when competing for open world resources, but it DOES when you go into an enemy base to kill its quest givers?

That doesn't matter it's still activity that is, by your deluded definition, pvp. I'll make it a little more clear my quoting you three times. Once the original and twice with very minor modification.

If you're ninja'ing a resource node, that the other player was trying to use, your against aren't against the "environment" but against the other player.

If you're killing a mob required for a quest, that the other player was trying to use, your against aren't against the "environment" but against the other player.

Now, in reality none of those things are pvp. They may be an inconvenience to you but none of it is direct action against your toon.

There are a ton of other things to do in this game. Find one.

Until this thread I had no idea that quest givers were attackable as I'd never bothered trying. Ive been playing since the second wave of full time beta testers, and I've never once been unable to progress due to dead quest givers. The outrage towards something that most people probably didn't even know about, let alone encounter is lol.

Additionally, the extent that this game has taken theme park makes wow seem sandbox. As a result I've never had any desire to raid enemy faction camps. WoW made it fun and rewarding, this game makes it boring and pointless. Additionally, WoW made enemy faction capitals and leaders open to attack. It was a lot if fun to get in a 40 man raid, down a leader, and sack all the npcs and players in the city.....if you made it that far. This game makes it impossible. That being said, I like this game more than WoW.

They should change all npcs to this. We used to do this regularly in WoW at xroads. Kill the quest givers, vendor npcs, flight path npcs, etc. We'd make it so that the region was virtually unplayable for lowbies. What was the result? The best wpvp I've experienced outside of SWG, when players changed back to their mains and/or called for help from max lvl toons.

***hole.