Next expansion 2014?

Torenator

There's no need for anyone to destroy WoW's numbers. They're doing a fine job of destroying their own numbers on their own.

Yes WoW hasn't been helping itself for years, but neither is this game. I like this game, its not bad or terrible or anything else the doomsayers like to exaggerate with. But I only like this game for about a month at a time because there is literally nothing to do at 55. I raid twice a week for 2 hours and even that is stale. I have full 78s there is no reason to do a FP other than doing one out of boredoms sake. I've done most of the class stories, gotten the datacrons, etc. This game has been out for two years and all they come out with are daily quests that make me sigh and log off. I, like many others, take very long breaks from this game and it doesn't have to be. I'd give BW my money more consistently if they just came out with something other to do than dailies.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm spending more time away from the game too. I don't pug so end game is futile for me to play since my guild is never one either. I stay subbed for the young kids in my guild, so they have a place that doesn't consist of a lot of @ss hats. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

If wow completely fell apart and died it would not make swtor a better game. And the very fact that swtor is not dead proves that wow is no where close to dying.

Its really funny the amount of zombies who think wow is the reason swtor sucks. What do you think? "oh if wow lost all of its subs people would flock to swtor and it would be king!" Heres a news flash, they did flock to swtor and then they left. And until swtor is updated to 2014 they wont come back.

If wow completely fell apart and died it would not make swtor a better game. And the very fact that swtor is not dead proves that wow is no where close to dying.

Its really funny the amount of zombies who think wow is the reason swtor sucks. What do you think? "oh if wow lost all of its subs people would flock to swtor and it would be king!" Heres a news flash, they did flock to swtor and then they left. And until swtor is updated to 2014 they wont come back.

That's pretty much it. Also a huge part of WOW's success was right place, right time, right company. This game really had none of those things going for it, and then...there's the game client.

That's pretty much it. Also a huge part of WOW's success was right place, right time, right company. This game really had none of those things going for it, and then...there's the game client.

I don't know about the right place right time thing. I think its true for its meteoric rise to millions of subs but the fact that it still has millions of subs speaks to its devs. Like swtor does for our devs,

I don't know about the right place right time thing. I think its true for its meteoric rise to millions of subs but the fact that it still has millions of subs speaks to its devs. Like swtor does for our devs,

That has more to do with Asia than anything else.

No, it actually doesn't. That's the thing about WOW. It has about ~2m subs if you subtract Asia.

So even in your dreams wow has 4 times more subs than swtor? I don't play wow, I don't plan on ever playing wow again but I find this obsession with its failure fascinating.

So even in your dreams wow has 4 times more subs than swtor? I don't play wow, I don't plan on ever playing wow again but I find this obsession with its failure fascinating.

Dreams? The research and timeline has been done, I'm sure you can find it if you are familiar with google. It's no secret what Blizzard did marketing wise once they expanded into Asia. There's no doubt it's the biggest MMO in the west (though ironically not the east) but it's not nearly as huge a discrepancy in subs as you're led to believe.

GSF is the expansion for the year. I wouldn't expect anything more until 2015. Once all the new mmo's come out this year I doubt there will be anyone left playing this game.

Sad.. PVP isn't an expansion it is part of an expansion... But I guess your statement proves that wrong on many levels.

Sad.. PVP isn't an expansion it is part of an expansion... But I guess your statement proves that wrong on many levels.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20140203

Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.