[Petition] Devs, Do NOT Put DP/DF NiM On The PTS

Look at Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's raid progression for example. It took weeks for good guilds to clear the first four turns and it took two months for one guild (Order of the Blue Gartr) to clear Turn 5 . What's even better is that the company itself (Square-Enix) acknowledged their World First legitimate kill of Turn 5.

:(

This is a horrible example. most guilds on legacy servers cleared the first three turns in less than a week, the elevator gauntlet took most another few days to a week to clear. Twintania took so long because no one could figure out the twister mechanic until OBG figured you have to spin a *********** circle when you get twister to live. That **** was about as gimmicky as doing a /emote to beat a boss. I would know, once that mechanic was figured and known for the public, my guild cleared it the same night and got a world third. We saw the same thing happen here with Styrak and his adds until DiLiH was able to figure it out. Once it was known it, Hatred, Suckafish and DnT finished it the same night or the following night. It wasn't that the content was difficult, but either a complete gimmick or just not enough experimenting had gone on.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a horrible example. most guilds on legacy servers cleared the first three turns in less than a week, the elevator gauntlet took most another few days to a week to clear. Twintania took so long because no one could figure out the twister mechanic until OBG figured you have to spin a *********** circle when you get twister to live. That **** was about as gimmicky as doing a /emote to beat a boss. I would know, once that mechanic was figured and known for the public, my guild cleared it the same night and got a world third. We saw the same thing happen here with Styrak and his adds until DiLiH was able to figure it out. Once it was known it, Hatred, Suckafish and DnT finished it the same night or the following night. It wasn't that the content was difficult, but either a complete gimmick or just not enough experimenting had gone on.

It was the same thing with balls on Brontes p4. Once we realized we could turn the tentacles and hit them with the smash to clear them, the fight became a lot more doable (even pre-nerf).

Edited by Beslley

It was the same thing with balls on Brontes. Once we realized we could turn the tentacles and hit them with the smash to clear them, the fight became a lot more doable (even pre-nerf).

What makes a fight difficult is knowing the mechanics and still knowing it's going to be a pain to execute properly. We don't see that with either Twintania from FFXIV or styrak once the mechanic was known.

What makes a fight difficult is knowing the mechanics and still knowing it's going to be a pain to execute properly. We don't see that with either Twintania from FFXIV or styrak once the mechanic was known.

Oh, definitely. Most recent example I can remember from when I was still playing WoW was HLK. Lots of mechanics to learn, but even after once you knew them the execution was still incredibly difficult. It just took one person mucking up to ruin an attempt, and the whole thing was just unforgiving the whole way through. And then you had to pump out the dps to beat the enrage >_<

Edited by Beslley
Better sentence flow

Oh, definitely. Most recent example I can remember from when I was still playing WoW was HLK. Lots of mechanics to learn, but even after once you knew them the execution was still incredibly difficult. It just took one person mucking up to ruin an attempt.

is easily comparable to the older WoW scene.

I'll support this. Originally I would normally be all for having NIM on the pts. (I would actually like a competition server for it but that's beside the point). Part of what makes the fights we have seen in the last 2 special were those bosses that people get stuck on.

It is frustrating when a fight is broken but everyone has to deal with the same broken fight. Also gives multiple layers of clearing for example - pre nerf and post nerf DG.

I've always said I would like to see the fights being actually impossible for the first week. The challenge would be to see how close to killing them you could get. Each subsequent week or 2 after that they would get progressively easier. With raids being able to revert back to the top difficulty (buff system) if they wanted to.

The top difficulty would award you the title. Not the timed run imo.

Also with Styrak I actually liked the knockback mechanic but it drags on for far to long 1 or 2 times would be ok but needs more interesting tactics/ added phases. Troll tactics are always appreciated too (purple circle).

Only SG, DILIH, sucka, Hatred killed Styrak within the first week. (maybe reckoning as well, I'm terrible W/EU guilds)

Using this as an example only three guilds got the timed run within the first month.

So if Styrak was solely about experience & coordination (every game including pvp titles are) those numbers would be different.

On the flip side highly unlikely any game reproduces the WoW stuff people drool about that seemed comparable to esports & grinding @ something . Everything is more casual & laid back that is now released.

This game for example there could be 20 more guilds that could do W1 content that just don't want to or have that desire. Spending 24 hours wiping in two days isn't fun for some.

Edited by JDotter