Terror From Beyond NiM Terror HP Bug?

So after farming DF and DP for some time and gearing alts, and alts alts, we decided to farm TFB NiM for mounts and titles.

Everything was going smooth until the third set of tentacles in the second phase. Before the DPS downed the final tentacle the tanks pushed the Terror below 20% HP which resulted in it buffing up to 30% HP and entering Furious Tantrum. We DPSed through Furious Tantrum to 7% HP where it enraged and we didn't have much left.

My questions are:

Are we missing a mechanic that results in Furious Tantrum and buff of HP?

Or is this the intended design to require we burn through 30% HP during Furious Tantrum?

Or is this a bug that we work around by slowing tank DPS (ha ha I know right)?

Any insight from groups who have done this would be welcome! Thanks!

We had the same happen when boss itself was pushed too far. Last tentacle disappeared at ~30% HP and boss went into tantrum. We limited damage to boss since then - only tanks attack it and only keep the defensive buffs up, not max DPS. Probably something unintended happening when everyone has 78 MH's etc.

We had the same happen when boss itself was pushed too far. Last tentacle disappeared at ~30% HP and boss went into tantrum. We limited damage to boss since then - only tanks attack it and only keep the defensive buffs up, not max DPS. Probably something unintended happening when everyone has 78 MH's etc.

Thanks that was what I thought but I wanted to make sure. I will report back to this thread when we try limiting the damage to the boss during that phase. I suppose it didn't help having a smash spec guardian and 2 slingers dropping flybys on the tentacles since all that damage hits the boss.

Edited by Docmal

I've seen this as well. Our tanks push out a fair bit of DPS, and we were using damage cooldowns in rotation just like we normally do while tanking the boss. That, paired with two slingers and a smash sentinel was enough to drop the boss below the magic threshold before the final tentacle dropped. I actually didn't check to see if it disappeared or not, I just noticed that we hit the tantrum early and got very annoyed. :-)

Taking the damage cooldowns out of the tank rotation was enough to put us around 25% when the tantrum hit, and the boss didn't heal back up to 30%.

This is an odd bug. Tonight we downed it by having the tanks hold back on DPS. It was not necessary to hold back any of the dps from doing flybys or sweeps. Tanks did not use any attacks besides mitigation attacks.

But it wasn't straight forward why this worked. In the attempt where the boss bugged out we were on the last tentacle with about 21% on the boss. However, when we downed it today the boss had 17% when the last tentacle dps was started. When we killed the last tentacle the boss had 12%.

It is not clear what about the extra dps from geared tanks is doing to bug the phase but I suspect it has to do with pacing. The boss starts with 50% life and each tentacle takes 5% so that leaves 20%. Take 15% for the final phase and 5% for the tanks and aoe to play with. I believe if you use to much or all of that 5% then tentacle damage is skipped and it can cause the 30% bug.

This was a bug on PTS that was fixed when it went live. Guessing the bug reappeared at some point. On PTS it happened almost every single attempt, but that gave us really good practice on that fight. We tried about every silly tactic to figure out if it was a mechanic, but eventually it was drawn a conclusion that it was a bug. Other guilds in the PTS forum at the same time said the same.

As Jenn stated in the post above this was an issue happening all the time on PTS. Was tanking then and we ended up with only basic attacks and mitigation. Not even using sabre reflect on the screams just to not damage to boss to hard.. However in PTS this didnt help either and the boss got different HP buffs sometimes below 30%.

We tried killing the sphears and to leave them but nothing helped.. nice to see that old bugges still gets reinstalled in the game :)

The "Bug" is a protection from the boss against too much dmg from the raid. Everytime you kill a tentacle the boss lose 5% HP. If you have classes with AoE abilities or dots, you could avoid the tantrum phase. Before the last tentacle is down, the HP of the boss shouldn't fall under 16%. When he falls under 16% he "activates" his HP boost. So it's not a bug, it's a part of the mechanic.

And sorry for my bad englisch, it's not my native language.

The "Bug" is a protection from the boss against too much dmg from the raid. Everytime you kill a tentacle the boss lose 5% HP. If you have classes with AoE abilities or dots, you could avoid the tantrum phase. Before the last tentacle is down, the HP of the boss shouldn't fall under 16%. When he falls under 16% he "activates" his HP boost. So it's not a bug, it's a part of the mechanic.

lol, ******.

Edited by Heidy

That is what I thought but the problem is that it is not consistent. The first time it got the HP buff was during the last tentacle and the boss was at 20%. On the attempt where we downed it the boss was at 18% when we killed the last tentacle which dropped the boss to 13% and Furious Tantrum began.