We REALLY need to see when a target evades. REALLY.

Verain

i can't fault your reasoning here, but i'd still like to have an 'evaded' flytext. that at least tells me there's nowt wrong with my shooting.

Part of being an effective pilot is knowing when to shoot and when not to. Adding this fly will not only crowd an already crowded screen, but also remove any skill based element to target acquisition or engagement.

Part of being an effective pilot is knowing when to shoot and when not to. Adding this fly will not only crowd an already crowded screen, but also remove any skill based element to target acquisition or engagement.

We already have a UI that tells us everything but if the miss is due to the player, or RNG. It's not the lack of this information that will turn the game skill based.

Acquisition and engagement is already heavily assisted since we have lead indicators that change colors depending of the ability to hit.

And if we start to speak of ennemy health bars, target's buffs and debuffs, target's relative orientation, the ability to automatically select the last attacking ennemy... None of these should be available in a skilled based game.

Edited by Altheran

Wait, how does that work? How is evade/miss flytext even remotely related to target acquisition, and how does confirmation of evades (instead of merely assuming everything that doesn't hit is an evade) remove skill-based components?

Wait, how does that work? How is evade/miss flytext even remotely related to target acquisition, and how does confirmation of evades (instead of merely assuming everything that doesn't hit is an evade) remove skill-based components?

Because CoD does not have flytext. *duh*

/sarcasm

It removes the need to be aware your shots are not hitting. I don't know about you but if I don't hit them I avoid them until I can.

Next youll want a message saying.... out of range.

It removes the need to be aware your shots are not hitting. I don't know about you but if I don't hit them I avoid them until I can.

Please tell me how "don't hit them I avoid them until I can." has anything to do with a passive RNG element.

It removes the need to be aware your shots are not hitting.

Dude, we literally cannot be with the current system. Adding this common sense suggestion would finally be aware if our shots are hitting or not. When I see a number, I know I hit. When I don't, I either missed (me, the player), or my character missed (Verain, the pilot). In the first case, I need to readjust and improve my stuff. In the second case, I need to take another shot- I did everything right.

I don't know about you but if I don't hit them I avoid them until I can.

What the heck? If your opponent evades, which is like over a third of the time, you run away until your game tells you it is gonna roll better dice for you? Do you then eat a cherry cloud with your pet unicorn, sideways?

Is this whole thing just sarcasm? The UI already tells you in two ways if someone is out of range.

When I see this usually all I have to do is wait and watch them pile into the satellite, asteroid or wall, since that seems to be what happens 9 times out of 10. It's one reason I've never bought that they were cheating... :p

Until you see that person flying (semi) casually around a satellite... report those. (Seriously it was impossible to get a cluster missile lock on him even with him in the middle of my screen - 1.29 seconds!)