Gfunk's Tournament of Champions

OWENWILSON

Sup BC... it's your favorite funk master.

I am going to create a tournament . Here is how it works.

Originally it was going to be a 4v4 pick your team type of tournament... I am now making it a DRAFT tournament and then brackets after teams are made...

there will be captains based upon the number of people who sign up.

if you are interested please post ONE character of yours...

Name

Class

Spec

I.E.

Gfunk

Marauder

Rage Spec

"Smash: Because everyone does it"

if you would like to help me set this up, feel free to contact me. Thanks

Gfunk

p.s. again post if you want to help, or want to be a captain and pick a team

Edited by OWENWILSON

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the tournament layout, does this have any discernible differences to Kickball?

For sure. The level of competition is higher in something like what Ammut and Gfunk are thinking. Kickball is and always has been casual and lean more towards a social event.

Kickball also doesn't have gear/valor requirements. All are welcome. I'm guessing with what is going on here, you better bring your A game to compete.

My question: What is in it for me? We buying in to compete?! Put me down for 1 mil. Put it on Ryshaz' tab

Edited by Juniormonk

Kristus

Guardian

prefer Vigilance, but i *will* smash if i need to.

<Exiles>

"Don't mind me, just some nobody smash monkey who isn't even notable on an RP server" :D

need the comms more on my guardian than on my jugg :eek:

Edited by NvrShoutNvr

I would recommend everyone bring their top tiered character since this will be a competitive tournament, not for grinding comms. You may only play 2 games if you lose both... Its going to be a bracket style elimination tournament... and I haven't quite figured out the EXACT details as to both Pub side and Imp side... may have to do a bracket on each side then maybe just have the winners duke it out OR the other option is to just have people on both sides talking and setting up times to sync queue (which can very will work out).... but this tournament will take a few days if not weeks... matches are going to be setup around a day and time and the 2 teams that setup that time will sync queue to get their match in. Whoever wins advances in the bracket and whoever loses either loses... or if enough interest we can do a losers bracket as well for 3rd/4th place.

More details to come... and perhaps a buy-in as well for a grand prize or multiple prizes.

p.s.

quick thoughts out... run on sentences... etc etc etc

Edited by OWENWILSON

Never fear it was a typo on my end!

it should of been "op dps is fotm" some reason I had sorcs on my mind :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Reading is hard

It can be quite hard depending on what is being read. Another language perhaps?

Edited by Turretboy