Is alacrity completely useless?

seektravota

Currently is useless, though BIS 78 combat sents a close to having 700 surge this could jump to 800 in the next tier of gear if we can swap another accuracy enhancement for surge Edited by g_mK

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad melee only has to stack "surge" for their optimization, i don't know how you guys put up with it. To me optimization is a really fun part of the game and it doesn't exist for melee dps in this game.

My toon just eats it alive when i feed it with alacrity :D.

I'm confused - if alacrity is utterly useless, is zen kind of worthless in Ataru?

Nah ataru zen is not useless but its useless as a stat as a sentinel because ataru zen gives 30% alacrity straight up. To get 30% alacrity all the time you'd need to stack like... maybe 3000-4000 alacrity (i as a sentinel never really looked into the DR curve of it so forgive me if i'm wrong on that xD).. something like that and you need a ridiculous amount to notice the difference on a sentinel as is... 900-1000 alacrity i saw a guy experimenting with that for joke (going full alac augments xD) and it takes off 0.3 second of your ms channel without zen.

Edited by AngusFTW