Rakghoul infection in pvp is a nightmare

dpercy

Get Newcomer, go buy the relic. You don't have to keep it equipped, just briefly pop it on when you die, and re-immunize yourself., then put your regular relic back on. Or if you don't want to do it every time you die, just pop it on again if you get infected inside the warzone.

I like the rak event, but I have no interest in the plague. It's not an issue for me, I have the level 25 vaccine relic on all of my characters (5k is a STEAL for that thing). So even on my 55 I just swap relics real quick, pop the vaccine, and swap relics back to my ob one. Easy peasy.

OK there is sort of a solution. If you get an Antiviral kit you can be immune. It fills the slot of a relic, but really you just have to equip it and click it and then you are cured. You can then take it off, but you can be infected again.

You can save money on vaccines at least this way.

Get Newcomer, go buy the relic. You don't have to keep it equipped, just briefly pop it on when you die, and re-immunize yourself., then put your regular relic back on. Or if you don't want to do it every time you die, just pop it on again if you get infected inside the warzone.

+1.

Or wait until tomorrow. Still, the advice above will save you time when the rakghoul event drops again on a different planet.

I yesterday went to wz with only purpose to get fast daily reward. Figuring I will be roflstomped in PVE gear as merc healer. Ended up healing nice, and eventually curing myself before I have exploded and missing daily reward and rak canister reward... Simply didnt want to be a dick and ruin nice pvp match :)

The best is when someone purposely gets their alt infected with space aids and then logs off that toon for several months. In that time most people use/sell/delete their vaccines. Said player then logs alt on and starts plague all over again at some random point long after event.

I tried that many months after the last event. Sadly it didn't work.

It's fun: Some enemies are aware of your stage 2 infection and avoid you, but annoy them enough, and sooner or later the rest of them will focus on you. You die, and are no longer infected but 4 enemy smashmonkeys now have the plague - a 10% chance to be interrupted and stunned every 4 seconds. NICE.

Just tell your teammates that you're a bio-weapon.

Edited by Mubrak

I've somehow got a bug version of the rakghoul plague.

It's stuck on Stage 1 without symptoms and does not show timer or go away after dying/logging off.

Prevents me from getting any more though.

Yep, have that on one of my chars as well. Right before Stage 2 starts you get that stage 1 without timer, seems like I entered my ship exactly at that second. Either the video playing or the loadscreen prevented stage 2 from activating.