The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Players with the Rakghoul plague should turn into Rakghouls

RocketeerRaccoon

Logically players with the Rakghoul plague should turn into Rakghouls after Stage 2 of the infection has finished but instead in game players just simply die, that makes no sense.

What's the reason why players can't turn into Rakghouls?

I remember how crazy it was in WoW with the Ghoul Plague where everyone turned into a Ghoul and attacked everybody, I was expecting the same here but sadly that's not the case.

Edited by RocketeerRaccoon
More detail

Agreed, and you only explode when you die. You can run around as a Rakgoul and attack others to infect them or they can attack you but you explode on them if they are in range and infect them. Oh I can see all the QQ post right now! But it would be a blast :)

Agreed, and you only explode when you die. You can run around as a Rakgoul and attack others to infect them or they can attack you but you explode on them if they are in range and infect them. Oh I can see all the QQ post right now! But it would be a blast :)

Would be fun though, enough for me to almost not bother with the vaccine if it wasn't for those coughing fits :D

The only problem I see with this, and I love the idea, is some high level people running around infecting a bunch of low level's for fun. It would have to turn you into a certain power level or something to even out for everyone.

Yeah, the lower level planets would have to be protected. Maybe have THORN security in the spaceports/stations or just not allow a infecting player off their ship to those planets. The Fleet and higher level planets would be another story...

Now you could restrict it to one planet or a area on a planet. Any form of travel off world restricted if you are infected. As a Rakgoul you would of course be limited by what you could do. You would only have one maybe two attacks geared towards spreading the plague. Your companion would probably abandon you. They could even add in missions or achievements you can only get while a Rakgoul. I enjoy these the event but I can see many ways they could make it more fun.