The Esseles (FP) - Ending scene bug

geldorave

I was running through The Esseles (Republic) and reached the ending scene and then the programme crashed. It said Windows was looking for a solution. Tried it 3 times at it was at the exact same part where the programmed stopped working altogether.:(

Known issue. It can be fixed by some people by running certain editions of their video card drivers, but for others there are odd fixes like tabbing out to desktop before the screen goes black, running in windowed mode, not running in windowed mode.

It seems it's not a bug they've been able to replicate easily so it hasn't been taken care of yet.

Edited by Prototypemind

This is a day 1 bug that is still with us over 2yrs later. As it's a FP most people do at some point I'd have thought it should have been a priority - but there, what do I know?

Only solution I know is just before the final hyperspace animation, alt-tab out of the game and allow it to continue. You'll hear the game continue, then alt-tab back in and you'll be able to complete the FP as normal.

This is a day 1 bug that is still with us over 2yrs later. As it's a FP most people do at some point I'd have thought it should have been a priority - but there, what do I know?

Only solution I know is just before the final hyperspace animation, alt-tab out of the game and allow it to continue. You'll hear the game continue, then alt-tab back in and you'll be able to complete the FP as normal.

Thanks Stoofa, your suggestion solved the problem!! Will test it again to see consistency..:)

Yes, alt-tabbing fixes it, but seriously...

the game has always crashed people out during the travel at the end, but at least one person gets kicked at the final conversation point every single time now. I ran it a dozen times over the last week on several different characters, and it crashed without fail for at least one member.

Why a dozen times? Because I wanted the quest completion and the 15 Planetary comms you get for the first run on a toon.

Haha, just wanted to add my grrr without starting a new thread!

I found that it crashed for me every time if I spacebar'd the conversation, but would (usually) work OK if I let it run through.

Regardless, there's clearly a serious problem in the game engine whenever it tries to deal with "Jump to Lightspeed" cutscenes, whether it's The Esseles, Black Talon, or Boarding Party, and it's still around after 2 years.... it might actually be simpler to change the "script" so it's an external view of the ship shooting away than it is to fix the engine.

Edited by Ancaglon

I'm having this problem too. It's very frustrating for me to try and remember to alt tab at the right time so I don't crash. I've never made it through Black Talon or Esseles without crashing, maybe one day I'll remember to attempt the alt tab fix.

I remember playing this game in 2012 and having this problem. I can't believe it's not fixed yet since it's something that affects so many people and it's the first flashpoint that most players are going to try.

For reference, I have an Nvidia 660 TI.

Edited by Rekia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.