EMERGENCY ALERT: Rakghoul Plague Outbreak on Alderaan – AVOID ALDERAAN!

TaitWatson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The groups taking the virus to the starting planets and watching people learn the game panic and die is priceless. The Developers wanted this to take place or else the plague would be designed so once you leave Alderan the plaque would drop as to not effect the gameplay of those not choosing to do the event. Griefing the the starter planets is where I am with a lounge chair. You should see the new people who chose to play the game quit the game because they have no idea what is hitting them :D Good Job Dev team. Love the grief ability you built in to this..... Now off to Hutta lol. So many newbs to annoy and watch them rage quit not to return :cool:

Needs a better contagion vector to really be a good pandemic.

Something like:

Phase 1: Within 1 arm length, people are infected.

Phase 2: Within 2 arm length, people are infected.

Just enough for risk of a real breakout without being unavoidable.

As it is, it's too much hassle to have it spread beyond Alderaan/Fleet.

Griefing the the starter planets is where I am with a lounge chair. You should see the new people who chose to play the game quit the game because they have no idea what is hitting them :D Good Job Dev team. Love the grief ability you built in to this..... Now off to Hutta lol. So many newbs to annoy and watch them rage quit not to return :cool:

So you just outed yourself as a Griefer ... Thank you. Welcome to my ignore list.

Love this new changed event :) Sad thing about this one just as every other event is that it's too simple to gather Reputation with faction cause of Legacy mode "no matter the weekly cap" as of Shared Rep. and then u get it so fast and way too soon many r @ top rank and once again more ppl standing in Fleet and wondering what to do. I never just stand in fleet cause find it silly,but instead be Rp'ing or just adventuring in some planet watching other ppl Rp'ing or just hanging out.

2nd thing that's sad about this is that it was now put to Alderaan which is the laggiest planet there is..partially thanks to poor game engine / bad coding and it's a lagfest even for ppl with high end Rig's for what i've heard "i have semi high end rig" and i was hoping that it would move to Corellia or Original Outbreak planet Tatooine in mid of event,but guess not so just have to bare with lagfest outside the tunnels and a bit also in there.

Thanks Bioware for this cool event and love all the Npc speeches that this has and the general idea and atmosphere :) Very nice looking environment in the tunnels :rak_01: Always been glad to be a subscriber from launch and support Bioware and Sw Mmo with sub and occasional coin purchases :rak_03:

May the Force Guide everyone :cool:

I like this event, only thing that I loved on the past rakghoul event and on this new event there isn't, it was that soldiers attacked me on my ship hunger if I was infected. There was a droid who scanned me and if I was infected his scanner become red and soldiers anti-contamination attacked me, instead I wasn't infected light scanner droid was green and soldiers didn't attacked me. Edited by VanderII

Why does this picture show Corellia ?

Are even other planets in danger ? The Horror ...

You know i was on Tat about a month back and noticed an indentation just north of the sarlacc pit. When I drove by it the codex for "The Spike" popped up.

Now this is PURE SPECULATION on my part, but what if all the pvp planents are at risk? AND perhaps this ties into GSF somehow? Maybe PVE missions to track down an infected ship? All of this for the summer?

(I have way too much free time on my lunchhour...)

The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization (T.H.O.R.N.) has issued an official level-2 emergency alert concerning an outbreak of the Rakghoul plague on Alderaan.

Read More

Right now my advice to any low level player is AVOID ALDERAAN! its become imposable to do your class quests on that world as you can't get out the space port due to being spammed by space zombies both NPC and PC mostly NPC, even some of the higher levels are having a hard time staying alive around the spaceport due to being spammed by these things so sorry newbies and lowbies but until this dumb event has finished just AVOID Alderaan. the Rakghoul vaccine can be got at stims and medi centre venders for $2000 credits but most lowibes and newbies wont be able to afford to get the stuff in the amounts they need just to do their class missions!

Next time EA-were if your going to do an event please go peek at guild wars 2 and get GOOD idea's not stupid ones like this. :mad:

Edited by BlackfoxKitsune

Right now my advice to any low level player is AVOID ALDERAAN! its become imposable to do your class quests on that world as you can't get out the space port due to being spammed by space zombies both NPC and PC mostly NPC, even some of the higher levels are having a hard time staying alive around the spaceport due to being spammed by these things so sorry newbies and lowbies but until this dumb event has finished just AVOID Alderaan. the Rakghoul vaccine can be got at stims and medi centre venders for $2000 credits but most lowibes and newbies wont be able to afford to get the stuff in the amounts they need just to do their class missions!

Next time EA-were if your going to do an event please go peek at guild wars 2 and get GOOD idea's not stupid ones like this. :mad:

Opinions are awesome.

If this is a Level 2 emergency, is there a level 1 or 3? If so, which is worse 1 or 3. Will the level of emergency change through the event? Maybe Rakghoul outbreak on fleet with infected NPC attacking every 15-30min in which we will have to contain it (by killing) much like on Alderaan. Should prob include a safe zone for those that do not want to participate,. Edited by rnmedic

Query: Two thousand dollars credits huh?

Statement: Must be a new form of Star Wars currency that I missed.

I just had a terrible thought:

What if the plague cannot be contained. What if it spreads further and further. Now it is only on Alderaan. But I heard that some people on the fleet already showed symptoms.

What if someone is infected and unknowingly brings it to another planet, for example Corellia. Or Tatooine.

We lost already so many soldiers in the Alderaanian tunnels... but the rakghouls keep getting more and more.

What if the whole galaxy will be infected eventually. All our heroes will die. The planets will be empty. All infrastructure will be shut down. The Old Republic will be no longer.

[it would be quite clever, if BW would use this event to shut down this game for good when the day has come that EA makes the decision. Would be cool to go down that way, I think. If you get the plague, your char will die for good. New characters cannot be started anymore (since the end of the game has been announced). Eventually, every player will die from the plague. Somehow, that seems like an epic way to end a game. Until then, we keep on fighting.]

That's an interesting thought. It reminds me of current Zombie movies.

However, I do believe right now that it might actuall travel from planet to planet ... That would be vvery clever, too.

And I think that there are some hints already towards that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can imagine it to be in beautiful war torn Corellia next time it starts and that might be in next month. Good that it lasts only a week at a time cause it's already way too simple to get Rep for factions in Swtor cause of it's simple mode Legacy system. Really love this new pimped event,thanks Bioware :rak_03:

- Terry -

Avoid Alderaan. And Fleet. So if you have to go to either, don't plan on staying any longer than you have to. Invariably, there's going to be those who take perverse pleasure in running around infecting everyone else.

That is exactly what I'm going to; thank you.

- Arcada

Ohhh... now I understand why they made it harder to infect and easier to cure the disease... It's pretty annoying that I vomit on people and they don't get infected though :(

I love infecting people, everyone having vaccines is okay I guess, but the quest start literally said that there was no cure!!

The groups taking the virus to the starting planets and watching people learn the game panic and die is priceless. The Developers wanted this to take place or else the plague would be designed so once you leave Alderan the plaque would drop as to not effect the gameplay of those not choosing to do the event. Griefing the the starter planets is where I am with a lounge chair. You should see the new people who chose to play the game quit the game because they have no idea what is hitting them :D Good Job Dev team. Love the grief ability you built in to this..... Now off to Hutta lol. So many newbs to annoy and watch them rage quit not to return :cool:

THANK YOU for the genius idea!!

Well if the plague is that bad shouldn't the guards on the fleet kill the peons with the disease when they come stand around the GTN and mail boxes trying to spread it?

Or better yet give everyone an insta kill ability to kill anyone wishing to spread the disease and give them rep with the faction for doing so. Then the griever that posted above could be grieved in return

Edited by Atalantia

The Hyland Organization for Rakghoul Neutralization (T.H.O.R.N.) has issued an official level-2 emergency alert concerning an outbreak of the Rakghoul plague on Alderaan.

Read More

Honestly I LOL at the people that QQ about the PVP in these events, so no I did not come here to do that, although I do have a couple of complaints about this event.

1. Lack of communication about the event. There is not a single dev post in the forums that tells us how long it is going for, nor directing us to check the In-game Events page to fund out more info about it. The only link is the one above which makes no mention of length. Also we don't know how often it will be returning, so we don't really know if we can be casual about it, or if we need to be super hardcore and do it on 16 characters every day.

2. It's only 1 week long, combined with the above lack of telling us that it is only one week long in the forums, not posting a link to the In-game Events page, and not telling us when it's going to return. This is the first event not to be a confirmed monthly event that is only 1 week long. So if it's not a new monthly event only the No-Lifes with 16+ level 55's will be getting high levels of rep any time soon.

Other than those 2 items it's a really cool event, and I love the fact that there is bolster in the Boss fight for SM so that lowbies can participate as well. Maybe you could also add a way in the future to get the original Rakghoul event armor too without adding it to the Cartel Market.

Ok please Bioware ban this fool for driving away potential raiders/PVPers/customers.

Ohhh... now I understand why they made it harder to infect and easier to cure the disease... It's pretty annoying that I vomit on people and they don't get infected though :(

I love infecting people, everyone having vaccines is okay I guess, but the quest start literally said that there was no cure!!

THANK YOU for the genius idea!!

And this guy too!

Edited by SuperGrunt