Achivement for killing The Tunnel Lurker is bugged.

BurnedRemains

A guildie just got the Midnight Rakling achievement, so it is definitely not bugged. Maybe if someone who is not in your group lands the killing blow, you don't get the achievement? Edited by Jerba

Fought this guy twice today, first time I didn't have a pet out, so I summoned my Pale Rakling when the boss was at about 50-60% and did not get the achievement when he died.

Second time my pet was still out and someone else was fighting him, I jumped in and helped and got the achievement for the Pale Rak after it died.

Fought this guy twice today, first time I didn't have a pet out, so I summoned my Pale Rakling when the boss was at about 50-60% and did not get the achievement when he died.

Second time my pet was still out and someone else was fighting him, I jumped in and helped and got the achievement for the Pale Rak after it died.

This has been the case with both times that I got the achievements. Maybe that is common denominator.

I can confirm, i was in a group with 1 other person, i was the first person to hit and last person to hit it. Had my crimson rakling out before combat started and did not get the achievement. I also had my midnight rakling out earlier and helped someone else kill one, did not get an achievement.

Update:

Upon killing him a second time with my crimson rakling I was granted the achievement. I am trying to get another kill with my midnight rakling to confirm that on second kill the achievement is granted.

Update 2:

Killed again with midnight rakling out, was the first to hit, and last to hit. Our group got the loot, but no achievement. Something appears to be bugged.

Edited by da_jon
Update

I have run into this too. I have knocked over 3 Tunnel Lurkers on 3 different toons with Pale and Crimson Raklings out before the fight without getting the achievement. There were only the 2 of taking them down the whole time. The other person didn't get the achievement either, don't remember which one they had out.

I think I know the cause of this bug.

I got the Crimson Rakling first on one of my characters, went to my power screen and activated it, then did found a group and killed the Tunnel Lurker making sure we got aggro/loot from it.... but I didn't get the Crimson Rakling ticked off in the achivements, and looking around after the fight I saw it was still by my side and summoned.

So on another character, I got the Pale Rakling, but this time I placed it in my HOTBAR and activated it, where it's always visible as active. When I killed the Tunnel Lurker, I immediately got the achievement! Going back to my Crimson Rakling character, I put it on their hotbar and, surprise surprise, immediately got the achievement as well.

I've now got the achievements with all the Rakling I can currently use, and each time I had to have the pet/ability on my hotbar for the achivement to count. That shouldn't be the case (hence the Bug it not counting when not on the hotbar), but....

The solution seems to be to have the pet activated on your hotbar, since it has worked every time I used this method.

Best of luck!

Edited by Transairion

I think I know the cause of this bug.

I got the Crimson Rakling first on one of my characters, went to my power screen and activated it, then did found a group and killed the Tunnel Lurker making sure we got aggro/loot from it.... but I didn't get the Crimson Rakling ticked off in the achivements, and looking around after the fight I saw it was still by my side and summoned.

So on another character, I got the Pale Rakling, but this time I placed it in my HOTBAR and activated it, where it's always visible as active. When I killed the Tunnel Lurker, I immediately got the achievement! Going back to my Crimson Rakling character, I put it on their hotbar and, surprise surprise, immediately got the achievement as well.

I've now got the achievements with all the Rakling I can currently use, and each time I had to have the pet/ability on my hotbar for the achivement to count. That shouldn't be the case (hence the Bug it not counting when not on the hotbar), but....

The solution seems to be to have the pet activated on your hotbar, since it has worked every time I used this method.

Best of luck!

Sorry, but nope :/ I summoned all three of mine with them NOT on my quick bars and they worked fine. Must be something else giving people troubles.

I solo'd the Tunnel Lurker with the Midnight Rakling, no outside help at all and got the achievement no problem.

I found a group of 6 already attacking a nearly dead Tunnel Lurker so I pulled out my Crimson Rakling and fired off one shot for the killing blow and got the achievement there as well.

I've tried 6 times with the Pale Rakling and all 6 times have not gotten the killing blow and still have not gotten the achievement.

I believe the achievement may be linked to getting the killing blow on the Lurker or being in the group that gets the killing blow though I have not tested the latter.

Edit [1/25/14] : Killed him in a 4-man group with no outside help and received the Pale Rakling achievement. I also got the killing blow in the group.

Edit [1/25/14]: Solo'd him again with the Infested Rakling 3 times. The first 2 times, someone else joined at the very end and I did not land the killing blow and did not get the achievement. The 3rd time a group joined in about halfway though however I spammed all I had and nailed the killing blow and got the achievement [and another Crimson Rakling that I can't do anything with because the stupid thing is BoP].

All 4 achievements that I finally completed were done when I or another person of my group landed the killing blow.

Edited by Brane_Ded

Sorry, but nope :/ I summoned all three of mine with them NOT on my quick bars and they worked fine. Must be something else giving people troubles.

It may be a case of sometimes it works as intended (as it did for you) and sometimes it doesn't, forcing you to use hotbars (in my case), though there's no way to be sure without someone testing it.

If anyone is having the problem and hasn't tried the hotbar method, please do and report back if it worked or not! :3

No, definitely not true. I called the Raklings from the Abilities window and got the achievements.

I can confirm that the following achievements are obtainable and not bugged:

The Pale Rakling

The Crimson Rakling

The Midnight Rakling

The Irradiated Rakling

I cannot test the following three achievements since I don't have enough reputation to activate the mini pets, but I'm sure that they work as well:

The Fungal Rakling

The Symbiote Rakling

The Contaminated Rakling

Just make sure that no one else is attacking the Tunnel Lurker at the same time (maybe put companion on passive) so that you get the first and last hit, I believe that's what's causing most issues.

Edited by Jerba