Rakghoul event has started !

tekhiun

Too bad the servers are down at the moment.

Also got to love the no official coverage of this event existing on the main page, etc.; it always ends up as the community informing itself. :rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

So this event started before the patch and server downtime?

Indeed it has, I was about to think that there would actually not be maintenance until the message popped on the screen. managed to complete 2 quests before it went down though

Yes. Like the other events, it would seem no patch is required for it to go live.

The events always start at 10am GMT, so we had one hour to do the event before maintenance. It was very tight, but possible to do the dailys then. And of course the event is now live on the PTS while the servers are down.

If you want to see the rewards and other stuff of the event during maintenance, you can check out the guide from this German site: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jedipedia.net%2Fwiki%2FJedipedia%3ARakghul-Wiederaufleben.

So excited for all the new pets, but it looks like the Black-Green crystals are worthless now compared to the new mounts (2 vs 50 Rakghoul Canisters) SQUEE :rak_01:

Edited by Jerba

Without announcement... I never understand Bioware, why not use it for free PR? :confused::rolleyes:

I know where you're coming from...but personally, I think there's something kinda cool about an unannounced event. Plus, with all the twitter teasers, we knew it was coming...no additional PR required. We just didn't know exactly when.

Without announcement... I never understand Bioware, why not use it for free PR? :confused::rolleyes:

Well they did announce it in the January insider and teased it throughout last week. Which is far more than what they did the first time this event came around. The first one had no mention, no tease what-so-ever. They just dropped the Rakghoul event right on the server with no downtime. It's still considered by most people the best event they did.

Yes when it happened I was doing my first character, playing for the first time, and I just thought it was normal for the planet.. that it was part of the game... only when I started doing my second character i realised.. "hey this looks different?!" and starting researching and found out it was Raghoul event... Cool they put it in.. I will enjoy it in a different way this time then.. :))

Well they did announce it in the January insider and teased it throughout last week. Which is far more than what they did the first time this event came around. The first one had no mention, no tease what-so-ever. They just dropped the Rakghoul event right on the server with no downtime. It's still considered by most people the best event they did.
Edited by Jabakla