Story driven MMO ??

Drackkor

Ok I have been playing this game from day 1 and it's time to expand the interaction on the ship. Even if we could ask the companion to tell us about there story again or all have dinner together anything even if we have our companions do a test on the practice dummies show how much dps or agro they can do. ... Even have companion groups in like +4 heroics. The game is suppose to be a story driven MMO once you get to 50 it's pretty much over.

Would be nice so sick of everything in this game being about loot. From the cartel market to the end game gear it's all about loot. If the would come out with an expansion where they had more companion involvement I would pay $49.99 for it! Instead of the $9.99 I paid for Makeb. So much potential for great interaction. Now after playing this game since the beginning it's a lot like Everquest was for me. Now I have gotten to the point where I may just go free to play since there's nothing new with companions.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't one of the promises of this game that you would never feel like you needed to interact with fellow humans in order for your playthrough to feel complete, because you'd have companions who you could cling to, a la the original KOTOR? Yeah, so much for that.

Having three companions at once in heroic quests would actually be amazing.

This. Seriously, one companion at a time? Especially disappointing since this is the same company that gave us KOTOR and Mass Effect, and anyone who's played those games knows how much fun it is experimenting with different combinations of companions and roles on missions. The "one companion at a time" mechanic feels more like an intentional limitation to force people into grouping together.

"Need your healer to help against a particularly difficult enemy, but you also need that ranged DPS companion who's just hanging out in your ship with nothing better to do? Too bad!"

Wasn't one of the promises of this game that you would never feel like you needed to interact with fellow humans in order for your playthrough to feel complete, because you'd have companions who you could cling to, a la the original KOTOR? Yeah, so much for that.

This. Seriously, one companion at a time? Especially disappointing since this is the same company that gave us KOTOR and Mass Effect, and anyone who's played those games knows how much fun it is experimenting with different combinations of companions and roles on missions. The "one companion at a time" mechanic feels more like an intentional limitation to force people into grouping together.

"Need your healer to help against a particularly difficult enemy, but you also need that ranged DPS companion who's just hanging out in your ship with nothing better to do? Too bad!"

This! I'd imagine a lot of ppl (like me) only actually use 1-2 companions thru the course of the game. If we could actually use more than one at a time, I'd give me a reason to gear & use companions who do NOTHING but sit in their lil room on the ship twiddling their thumbs.

*Drops mic & ask my companion "wife" for a divorce because after all those gifts......she stopped talking to me

I really wish we could get our companion's opinions on certain situations that arise during the story, and what decision they think we should make next. That won't happen, though. If that was going to exist it would have been released with the game, it's too meta to add in now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.