[guide] How to get Grade 31/72 schematics

psandak

rip the item modification you want the schematic for out of the item (if the character you acquired them on is not the character with the crafting skill you need, you have to install the item modifications into a Bound to Legacy gear piece to transfer them to the right character, and then rip them out of the BoL piece)

This is not true for at least my green item modifications (MK-1 Green Item) that i moved with this work around to the char with the aprop crewskill.

Edited by LionKathil

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not true for at least my green item modifications (MK-1 Green Item) that i moved with this work around to the char with the aprop crewskill.
Because you can't get a schematic from that. This method only works with purples.

Yep.

LionKathil, read the first line of the OP.

How to get Grade top end (currently 230 and 236 and 242 PURPLE) schematics

This seems to be misunderstood a lot, so I have made some changes to the OP to insure people understand that REing for schematics only works on PURPLE item modifications

Edited by psandak

I'am sorry, I should calm myself over so much confusing (messed up) new features.

So I should be able to get recipes from this item (focus with armoring mod):

https://s24.postimg.org/otvqhi4th/swtor5_0_modmess2.jpg

Also: Is there a list of ingredients required for the new recipes?

Thx for reply.

Edited by LionKathil

I'am sorry, I should calm myself over so much confusing (messed up) new features.

So I should be able to get recipes from this item (focus with armoring mod):

https://s24.postimg.org/otvqhi4th/swtor5_0_modmess2.jpg

Also: Is there a list of ingredients required for the new recipes?

Thx for reply.

Yes you can gt item modification schematics from that item

Not exactly sure what you are looking for in a "list of ingredients required for the new recipes". I am assuming you are only worried about exotic materials: isotopes, matrices, and catalysts.

To that end, I believe (and please someone correct me if I am wrong) rating 230 stuff only requires the isotopes (blue exotic material)

230 requieres 2x the amount of 228 + 2x Refined Isotope Stabalizer

https://s24.postimg.org/4a8cz4ptx/swtor5_0_230_Mod.jpg

So what is it for the higher recipes?

According to torcommunity.com (maybe not 100% accurate)

grade 48 rating 234 item modifications require the above PLUS one Void Matter Catalyst

grade 51 rating 240 item modifications requires the above PLUS two Void Matter Catalyst

• 2 months later...
hey ppls

can someone say

where i can get blueprint on grenades fo 70 lvl and stims fo 70 lvl?

Short answer: there are none

Longer answer: there is no grenade schematics above grade 9. The grade 10 stims (best available) only require level 61. They are named the same as the previous stims but the icon is different

versatile stim grade 9 is green grade 10 is red

fortitude stim grade 9 is a yellow-brown grade 10 is light blue.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if psandak wants to edit his original post but after over 400 ranks of GC I haven't come across any 236 or 242 purple gear pieces. The only 236/242 pieces i've gotten were the gold/yellow legendary and those mods can't be RE, as was mentioned above. Only the 234/240 purple pieces can be RE. It may just be a typo but it may confuse people new to crafting especially since his guides are the go-to guides for crafting. :) Edited by acidburncpt

I don't know if psandak wants to edit his original post but after over 400 ranks of GC I haven't come across any 236 or 242 purple gear pieces. The only 236/242 pieces i've gotten were the gold/yellow legendary and those mods can't be RE, as was mentioned above. Only the 234/240 purple pieces can be RE. It may just be a typo but it may confuse people new to crafting especially since his guides are the go-to guides for crafting. :)

You are absolutely right and I made changes accordingly. I made the edits for the current expansion without ALL the details.

just a note, not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but you can also get the schematics for purple mods and Relic/Earpiece/Implants ( at rating 230/236/240) from the crate that gets awarded upon completion of pvp warzone weeklies. It gives schematics based on your current command tier. I believe up to 2 random schematics drop per weekly.

Apologies if it was mentioned, just didnt see it on the list of sources.

just a note, not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but you can also get the schematics for purple mods and Relic/Earpiece/Implants ( at rating 230/236/240) from the crate that gets awarded upon completion of pvp warzone weeklies. It gives schematics based on your current command tier. I believe up to 2 random schematics drop per weekly.

Apologies if it was mentioned, just didnt see it on the list of sources.

This thread's original intent was and is "how to get schematics by reverse engineering." That said, I did include a "Run Ops..." to get schematics, therefore I have edited the OP again to include that "crates" (command and PvP reward) drop schematics.

• 8 months later...
Psandak can you confirm that individual purple moddings which drop in GC crates cannot be RE'd? Tried twice, no success. Even putting them inside legacy gear and taking them out again.

Confirmed in that I too have double and triple checked and gotten no schematics. They are most likely being treated as GTN purchased (AKA crafted by another), and therefore not REable for schematics