Amount of ships

OpeningToEndgame

That's the number of active ships you can take into battle. There's no limit (that we know of) to the number of ships you can possess. So when you get ship number 6, you can swap out which five you take into a fight with you based on which ones you feel like flying.

You can just take 5 into battle but own as many as you want.

I can't wait to stack up the req now. I've had the max number of ships (6) for a while and now will get two more (Gunships) and then another two in a few weeks when bombers come out. That will make the dailies/weeklies very potent.

I've had the max number of ships (6) for a while ...

Minor correction: maximum WAS seven. Novadive, Flashfire, Skybolt; Star Guard, Enforcer, Pike; Quarrel (or Imp equivalents).

Two new guships takes maximum to nine.

Then we have three bombers scheduled for Feb 4.

For record, the CM models (originally Skybolt and Enforcer) are just reskinned stock models with a different inital setup and automatic mastery (+10% req earn) without having to fill out all your component upgrades to earn it. So we had five basic ship types, rising to a current six with the new gunship variant.

The main point, about only five in the battle loadout but you can own as many as you like, stands.

Minor correction: maximum WAS seven. Novadive, Flashfire, Skybolt; Star Guard, Enforcer, Pike; Quarrel (or Imp equivalents).

Two new guships takes maximum to nine.

Then we have three bombers scheduled for Feb 4.

For record, the CM models (originally Skybolt and Enforcer) are just reskinned stock models with a different inital setup and automatic mastery (+10% req earn) without having to fill out all your component upgrades to earn it. So we had five basic ship types, rising to a current six with the new gunship variant.

The main point, about only five in the battle loadout but you can own as many as you like, stands.

I didn't have access to gunships because I wasn't a subscriber on November 1st or whatever the cutoff was. I only started playing SWTOR a month ago. I bought both Gunships yesterday and only have 8 ships still, not nine.

The dailies and weeklies are so rewarding now it is insane.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

I didn't have access to gunships because I wasn't a subscriber on November 1st or whatever the cutoff was. I only started playing SWTOR a month ago. I bought both Gunships yesterday and only have 8 ships still, not nine.

The dailies and weeklies are so rewarding now it is insane.

Was just pointing out seven, now nine was the max rather than six.

Interesting to hear what you make of the gunship now, with a chance to fly it, having only been on the receiving end of its oneshotty goodness in the past.

Was just pointing out seven, now nine was the max rather than six.

Interesting to hear what you make of the gunship now, with a chance to fly it, having only been on the receiving end of its oneshotty goodness in the past.

There are:

3 Scouts

3 Fighters

2 Gunships

I saw a third Gunship listed in the notes, but it made it seems like it is just a skin for the "new" gunship and available from the CM.

Now, I get the point that was made that the CM Fighter and Scout are essentially reskinned versions of the base models also but I do not see a CM gunship listed under the Gunship tab for purchase like the other two CM ships were. That's why I was assuming this one was more of an actual skin you bought off the CM or something. If I'm wrong let me know because I would get it just to use as a requisition sink.

As far as the gunship play goes it was interesting. I only played enough matches in the "original" ship to use all of its bonus requisition (which was only 2 I believe and I didn't fly the new type at all) and set a new personal best for damage in a match my first time out in a gunship (37k). I think 30-32k is the most I've ever done in my fully upgraded Pike. It is pretty damn easy to even hit moving targets but the tradeoff is that I'm surprised how fast you drain your weapon energy and how you can waste it if you time your charging poorly. Overall it was pretty fun I guess if camping out on a sat is your thing. It definitely does play very differently from the other ships and would take some getting used to. Their was something very satisfying and almost guilt inducing using the love tap/slug combo though.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

They say "skin", but where would a "skin" go? I bet the cartel market ships are RESKINS of the Comet Breaker / Dustmaker, just as the Skybolt/Oculus is a reskin of the Flashfire/Sting and the Enforcer/Gladiator is a reskin of the Starguard / Rycer. Being identical in stats doesn't mean literally sharing an identity: the ships req up independently.

If someone here actually HAS the new cartel ships, by all means post and stop this speculation.

Well I just reread the patches notes and copied this:

• Premium Strongarm and Demolisher Gunships can be found in Dogfighter’s packs, providing an alternate look for the Comet Breaker/Dustmaker.

So that explains it. They will be the same as the last two CM ships with the only difference being you can't buy them directly you will have to buy the packs and get lucky or spend some creds on the GTN buying them from someone else that got lucky. I opened 3 of these packs last night and didn't get anything good.

They say "skin", but where would a "skin" go? I bet the cartel market ships are RESKINS of the Comet Breaker / Dustmaker, just as the Skybolt/Oculus is a reskin of the Flashfire/Sting and the Enforcer/Gladiator is a reskin of the Starguard / Rycer. Being identical in stats doesn't mean literally sharing an identity: the ships req up independently.

If someone here actually HAS the new cartel ships, by all means post and stop this speculation.

I have the Strongarm gunship. It is exactly as you suggest. Strongarm is to Comet Breaker, as Skybolt is to Flashfire. New ship, same options, different look.

To clarify in case anyone pops in and is confused, the daily double req applies to all your ships (up to +500 req per ship per day), whether or not they're in the "active five" at the start of the day.

It's worth nothing that there is a bug where the purple x2 sometimes doesn't show up correctly on all ships until you play the first match of the day. You still get your double req. It's also worth nothing that the double req is calculated before the subscriber bonus.

Edited by XavinNydek

It's worth nothing that there is a bug where the purple x2 sometimes doesn't show up correctly on all ships until you play the first match of the day. You still get your double req. It's also worth nothing that the double req is calculated before the subscriber bonus.

I've got that bug then. Every day when I log on my ships are all greyed out but after one match they all have the pink x2 on the lower right corner.