The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW EP7 story supposedly to focus on Han, Luke, & Leia

ImmortalLowlife

This is something that annoys me to no end. The fight scenes in the originals were pure, ACTUAL sword fighting and not this anime crap you see in the new movies. No sane person would *ever* fight like that with a sword against another person with a sword, they would survive 2 seconds tops.

Go watch some Kendo matches on youtube to see how people with decades of experience fight with swords.

I know it looks flashy and cool, but so does setting yourself on fire.

Pure, actual sword fighting you say? They used sticks and the fight scenes without the emotion Mark expressed were boring. Movies like the Three Musketeers had better sword fighting sequences and they were using proper props verses the stick that was animated into lightsabers.

The PT had some of the best choreographed 'sword' fighting in Cinema history. As for your arguement that no one would ever fight like that? NO ****! Its a movie, its all fake. Its meant to entertain, not reflect reality. I know this is going to pop your bubble. But Han, Luke and even Leia in her Slave Outfit never existed. This wasnt a documentary about an Luke defeating the Empire.

As for cool and flashy....How is setting yourself on fire either of those? You seem confused.

Edited by Foxtrotmikelima

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the word is the new movie will be focused on the big 3 instead of their offspring.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

God lets hope not. I can see Harrison Ford having a brief role or a cameo, for he is still a socially relevant working actor, but why lift up the rock Fisher and Hammil have been hiding under the last 30 years? Better to move on to new characters and a new story.

God lets hope not. I can see Harrison Ford having a brief role or a cameo, for he is still a socially relevant working actor, but why lift up the rock Fisher and Hammil have been hiding under the last 30 years? Better to move on to new characters and a new story.

? Hamill has been in movies lately, but they have been more independant films and the like. Latest film he was in was in 2012.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

? Hamill has been in movies lately, but they have been more independant films and the like. Latest film he was in was in 2012.

Isn't he also occasionally writing and Directing some independent films. (of course I don't think we need to even mention his extensive Voice acting career. :D)

They set it up for a sequel and I think there was SUPPOSED to be one, but after the GIANT flop I highly doubt there will ever be.

I hope they give it to a better director and try to do it again in a few years. It deserves a wider audience.

I Googled it and the rumors are there.

....But please, give me an example of a film with a bad story, crappy special effects, poor acting and bad directing that you "absolutely love" - and while your at it tell me whatever you took to make that film enjoyable.....

Not taking sides, but I read this & immediately thought of the movie "Soul Plane". It has all the bad acting & crappy special effects you could imagine, but it's one of my favorite movies simply because it kept me ROFLMAO from start to finish.

From JJ Abrams himself, at an event over the weekend:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/19/j-j-abrams-star-wars-script/

Nothing revealed but he briefly comments on those "crazy things being thrown around ..."

If anyone is interested. :)

“It’s incredible to see how many crazy things get thrown out that people then often write commentaries about how happy or how disappointed they are about something that’s completely false.”

He's talking about us... he's taking about us!