Arndt's VII script focused on Solo/Skywalker kids.

LadyKulvax

Yeah... I don't disagree with you, but J.J. Abrams already has the ball. And don't be fooled, it will be his vision that we see on the screen. And while there will be a writer, J. J. and his crew will be writing and changing things up to have things go in the direction they want it to go. That is what I've seen happen with other movies like this once a big name producer/director gets involved.

So, my guess is that there is a lot of prelim work being done on costumes, basic set design, locations, etc. They will make the script fit the movie they want to shoot. Sounds counter intuitive, but it has worked with Whedon and Abrams. Not sure it would work for anyone else.

Yeah I just... I want to be able to watch this film, you know? No excessive lens flares. I have sensitive eyes. Abrams wasn't necessarily part of Man of Steel, but his lens flares were there. I was nearly blinded by the terraforming.

Yeah.. that is part and parcel to Whedon and Abrams style IMO. Seems to make fans coocoo for cocoa puffs though. :p

It does indeed. Lol! Man... not sure about Abrams, but I'll buy just about anything Whedon is selling on screen. He is a damn good writer as well.

Yeah I just... I want to be able to watch this film, you know? No excessive lens flares. I have sensitive eyes. Abrams wasn't necessarily part of Man of Steel, but his lens flares were there. I was nearly blinded by the terraforming.

That is the danger with Abrams I think. He goes for big special effects and sometimes that seems to side track the story. I know about the lens flares. I don't have sensitive eyes and man, they are impacting to the visual spectrum.

"Lens flare" is an optical trick used to fake your brain into thinking you are seeing something real, and not totally CGI. Ironically, we never actually see lens flare in reality, but it's so ingrained in movies, that it looks phoney without it.

It is the most minor quibble in the history of quibbles though.

That is the danger with Abrams I think. He goes for big special effects and sometimes that seems to side track the story. I know about the lens flares. I don't have sensitive eyes and man, they are impacting to the visual spectrum.

You didn't just infer Star Wars might be ruined by a director's penchant for special effects distracting from the story did you? Have you seen the prequels? They only reason the wall to wall special effects don't distract from the story is because there is no story to distract from.

"Lens flare" is an optical trick used to fake your brain into thinking you are seeing something real, and not totally CGI. Ironically, we never actually see lens flare in reality, but it's so ingrained in movies, that it looks phoney without it.

It is the most minor quibble in the history of quibbles though.

Now that I have totally derailed things, for me Lens flares cause haze and what I can only best describe as refracted light. Not pleasing to the eye. At least not for me.

It states quite clearly that Episode VII will focus on the big three as the main characters of the film.... yes... so completely and utterly unfounded.

No, it doesn't state that clearly at all. All that was said was that Arndt's script focusing on the "next generation" was scrapped for other ideas from Kasdan. Those ideas are maybe, for the time being, rumored to include a strong role by Solo/Skywalker/Organa(Solo/Skywalker/Amidala/Whatever...).

There are no guarantees. There are no clear statements. There are no certain facts.

However, if we're going to talk rumors, then at least finish your rumor. The heavily rumored script was reported to act as a bridge to the "next generation" and that Ep VII would be used as a handoff from the "last generation" to the "new generation" who will dominate Ep VIII and Ep IX.

My personal dream case scenario would be for them to skip a thousand years or so and give it a reboot. Tired of the royal SW lineages...

Hear hear.

It is not unlikely this new trilogy is going to be awful beyond imagination... Maybe it'll make those two Ewok spinoff movies superb in comparison.