Kaggath Tournament - Sol'yc Empire vs Droid Supremacy

Beniboybling

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to get specifics.

Well, I'm waiting for the page refference for the HK-01 stuff, because I want to read up on it more, but really, I guess how effective the Empire's troops would be at incursion strikes, seeing as you can't cram thousands of droids all on defense duty. And then a more in depth look at the fleets.

Hey Rayla, what page did you find it on? I'm trying to see what other useful information is in there, but am struggling to find the page :p

I just noticed the edit, apologies.

I am not sure which version of the KotOR CG you have but in my Collector's copy it's on page number 263, there is a back section written by numerous authors including Avellone himself, something you get with the Collector's Edition that expanded on the lore of the time, kind of like the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition Guide.

When I have time I'll write up the entire page if need be.

I just noticed the edit, apologies.

I am not sure which version of the KotOR CG you have but in my Collector's copy it's on page number 263, there is a back section written by numerous authors including Avellone himself, something you get with the Collector's Edition that expanded on the lore of the time, kind of like the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition Guide.

When I have time I'll write up the entire page if need be.

Don't worry, I think that's the one I've got, I just need to go find it :p

Edited by Selenial

I could really see Boba taking PROXY n HK on his own tbh, he has the equipment needed and he already defeated PROXY once before. One shot from his EE3 carbine could do some pretty big damage, among his other equipment.

Actually (and I don't know the specifics of this because I'm getting it from Wookieepedia, which references the source as the TFU II comic) PROXY has defeated Boba Fett before "temporarily" (whatever that means) using his Jango Fett combat module.

Actually (and I don't know the specifics of this because I'm getting it from Wookieepedia, which references the source as the TFU II comic) PROXY has defeated Boba Fett before "temporarily" (whatever that means) using his Jango Fett combat module.

While true, but then this happened...

1st

2nd

I'm pretty sure Boba was taken aback that his dad was right infront of him(even if it wasn't him), but then again they didn't really have a fight. But I'm just pointing out the fact, that he has a way to take out both PROXY and HK with his sonic grenades.

Or he could use one of his many explosive armaments..

1st

2nd

Missile

His EE3 carbine destroyed a vehicle

He also is of course very agile with his jetpack.

I'm not sure that PROXY or HK's durability is gonna keep them up for long if at all.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The war won't drag on for long, it cant. Both the Sol'yc Empire and the DS are built for different types of ground combat. The Sol'yc Emire would be disadvantaged were it forced to fight a conventional war, as it doesn't have to numbers to pull it off. It's best bet would be to fight a tactical, precision strike type guerrilla war.

The DS wouldn't be able to respond to a fast surprise attack from opposing forces, but it would definitely win in a conventional type war as it has the resources to fight one.

The conflict would be won, IMO, by whoever is able to cripple the enemy's supplies first. If the DS gets their droid factories destroyed on Geonosis, it would be hard to recover and launch an offensive.

Question, do the DS droids have any sort of protection against weapons that could simply deactivate them? Such as an ion blast type weapon? I recall the Republic had tried to use one in TCW while defending the Dugs. I think:p

No, probably not because it was developed by the Republic and I lack anyone/company/planet associated with it. That is not to say the SE doesn't have EMP weapons, just not bombs of that scale.

However, nuclear weapons do give off major EMP bursts when they explode...

Edit: nice to see someone else throwing in their opinions aside from the normal folk. Keep em coming!

Edited by StarSquirrel

No, probably not because it was developed by the Republic and I lack anyone/company/planet associated with it. That is not to say the SE doesn't have EMP weapons, just not bombs of that scale.

However, nuclear weapons do give off major EMP bursts when they explode...

Edit: nice to see someone else throwing in their opinions aside from the normal folk. Keep em coming!

Do you have any that were at least witnesses or had means to have heard about the devise used on Malastare? And im sure that droid poppers *ion grenades* could be used to minimize your own casualties but maximize droids.

Other than that, i agree, Conventional Vs. Geurrila.

The droids from Naboo, with the controls ship.

Then how does she get any invasion/Defense force without Space Superiority?

Ok I can understand defense forces, but that's another matter (Sabotage etc) but yeh, where does the Invasion force come in if she can't do anything with her droids because she needs the ships?

Then how does she get any invasion/Defense force without Space Superiority?

Ok I can understand defense forces, but that's another matter (Sabotage etc) but yeh, where does the Invasion force come in if she can't do anything with her droids because she needs the ships?

Well considering that G0-T0 had a droid army controlled by a central control computer that spanned the entire galaxy, one would assume that he could apply that knowledge and amplify the signal.

Remembering the post-Naboo all droids were connected to a central network, and it is never actually stated that a the control ship has to be in orbit in order for the droids to function, this was just how they were transported.

Well considering that G0-T0 had a droid army controlled by a central control computer that spanned the entire galaxy, one would assume that he could apply that knowledge and amplify the signal.

Remembering the post-Naboo all droids were connected to a central network, and it is never actually stated that a the control ship has to be in orbit in order for the droids to function, this was just how they were transported.

Ummm, G0-T0's worked on a planetary basis if I remember correctly.

And the Post-Naboo droids were actually all independent in terms of thinking, that's why the seppies had problems with talking and chatty droids, according to the essential guide to Warfare.

Ummm, G0-T0's worked on a planetary basis if I remember correctly.

And the Post-Naboo droids were actually all independent in terms of thinking, that's why the seppies had problems with talking and chatty droids, according to the essential guide to Warfare.

According to Wookieepedia it spanned the entire galaxy, but was centered around Nar Shaddaa.

The droid army however were all shutdown simultaneously across the galaxy at the end of the war via a deactivation signal. So they must have all been linked to some kind of network.

And really, the technology of Star Wars is more than capable of transmitting signals across the galaxy.

According to Wookieepedia it spanned the entire galaxy, but was centered around Nar Shaddaa.

The droid army however were all shutdown simultaneously across the galaxy at the end of the war via a deactivation signal. So they must have all been linked to some kind of network.

And really, the technology of Star Wars is more than capable of transmitting signals across the galaxy.

That signal was like the one HK-01 used, more like a Virus.

Controlling the droids however becomes more effective the closer you are, If a droid is controlled from Parsec's away, (if that's even possible) would have massive delays, IE, a grenade would be thrown at it, 5 second relay to command, 5 second response back, and it detonated 7 seconds ago.

There's a reason they had to make the droids independent, but that came with a price too.

And by G0-T0's droid network spanning the galaxy, that doesn't mean it was controlled all at one point in the galaxy, it means there were multiple stations all over the galaxy that when joined, covered the whole thing

They were independent of droid control ships. That's why Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi were captured during the Battle of Geonosis.

Yeh, that's what I meant... That's the thing, it wasn't possible to control them all from one point, so they had to be made independent or keep a very serious flaw.

That signal was like the one HK-01 used, more like a Virus.

Controlling the droids however becomes more effective the closer you are, If a droid is controlled from Parsec's away, (if that's even possible) would have massive delays, IE, a grenade would be thrown at it, 5 second relay to command, 5 second response back, and it detonated 7 seconds ago.

There's a reason they had to make the droids independent, but that came with a price too.

And by G0-T0's droid network spanning the galaxy, that doesn't mean it was controlled all at one point in the galaxy, it means there were multiple stations all over the galaxy that when joined, covered the whole thing

Erm, did you just make this all up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.