Guild Management update needed

BrotherJohn

while the baseline guild interface works it is very weak and not what it needs to be to keep guilds fully functional. there needs to be some dev time devoted to improving upon this system which links into a better que system

1. guild mail needs to be put in place. this is a very useful tool for leadership in a guild.

2. events calander needs to be in game such that events can be set up and members can rsvp to the evnt within the guild interface

3. event log such that it tracks who logs in and who quits guild. would be even better to track achievements and alike as well

4. more character space for both message of day, guild message.

5. a proper window for unguilded players to review who is recruting and what the guild focus is. i would go as far as allowing guilds to indicate via check boxes which classes are most in need.

6. allow more guild ranks

7. unify the guild bank into the guild interface. no need for a seperate clickie in fleet or where ever in galaxy.

Honestly these things need to be added for a more enjoyable easier and fuller feature guild experience. and why it has taken this long to not see one improvement to the guild interface is well beyond me. fix it and add to it to bull in more people to a guild experience which is part, a major part of any AAA mmo out there now.

Edited by BrotherJohn

I too think that the entire concept of guilds should get more attention, so great post BrotherJohn! (Btw wasn't that a buddy of Robin Hood? Never mind.)

As far as I am concerned, they just emulate how it all is done in WoW.

Edited by Orlogg

while the baseline guild interface works it is very weak and not what it needs to be to keep guilds fully functional. there needs to be some dev time devoted to improving upon this system which links into a better que system

1. guild mail needs to be put in place. this is a very useful tool for leadership in a guild.

2. events calander needs to be in game such that events can be set up and members can rsvp to the evnt within the guild interface

3. event log such that it tracks who logs in and who quits guild. would be even better to track achievements and alike as well

4. more character space for both message of day, guild message.

5. a proper window for unguilded players to review who is recruting and what the guild focus is. i would go as far as allowing guilds to indicate via check boxes which classes are most in need.

6. allow more guild ranks

7. unify the guild bank into the guild interface. no need for a seperate clickie in fleet or where ever in galaxy.

Honestly these things need to be added for a more enjoyable easier and fuller feature guild experience. and why it has taken this long to not see one improvement to the guild interface is well beyond me. fix it and add to it to bull in more people to a guild experience which is part, a major part of any AAA mmo out there now.

All of these need to be added without hesitation.There is no reason for these feature to not be added.Along with logs mentioned above also make it so log shows who invite who and when so guild leaders can get a better idea of who is help the guild grow ect ect.

I agree with all except point #7. Think if you want to withdraw from the guild bank, you have to go to the guild bank. It shouldn't be readily available from everywhere. But definitely for the other points I agree 200%. They need more guild management features.

I'm losing players in my guild because we can't effectively plan events since not everyone can be bothered to do stuff out side of the game. Also, I don't like having to pay extra money for 3rd party stuff used to manage my guild.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Logged in and yet again said what the heck BW implement these easy to do but super important yet game changing guild management interface changes.

Come on BW this is just as important as your cartel packs. do it!!!!

Clearly it's not. They have yet to implement these "super important" changes, yet you are still paying to play the game.

Clearly it's not. They have yet to implement these "super important" changes, yet you are still paying to play the game.

1. if you do not have something important to say, don't say it in another thread. just read it and say to yourself well i do not care. which you don't seem to and that is your choice.

2. they are necessary and i have played many mmos since beta in swtor and leaving it and coming back and yes they are still very important and should be addressed by the BW dev team. there is nothing here that is beyond reach or technical issue. Any AAA mmo which BW and EA push swtor as should have these items and they do. so please find something better to say to me.

3. BW really you probably dont even bother looking at this forum and just use it as a way to distract forum posters to think they are offering good ideas you would use but if you happen to read this thread. it would honestly take your game from just a f2p solo centric mmo that really is a single player game to a mmo that has some teeth. just saying

they're not NEEDED. they'd be handy QOL features but honestly they're not even the first changes I'd like to see added to guilds

Sweet they are QOL changes but are simple and actually added features to every other top line AAA mmo. so please figure out why much needed QOL changes in your eyes are not needed and

what are your first changes you want to guilds? my guess useless guild ships that server no purpose what so ever to management of a guild, hence the thread title. If i wanted to titled this thread say Guild Bling i would suggest guild ships as the only real improvement.

So tell use what your novel most important and changes that are better than QOL changes that help improve a very poorly thought out and haphazardly tossed together guild window?

Add this to the list, if possible or if the necessity of it is known:

Either increase the Guild MOTD window in the main guild interface or allow an option to open the MOTD separately so members can view it in its entirety, rather than just the first two lines.

Edited by Huatar

Dont' forget about cross-faction guilds option. Many guilds are present on both sides and it's a pain to communicate/organize things with members separated by faction wall. Voice programs can only do so much, with a game so heavy on alting cross-faction guilds option need to come ASAP.

was looking at members joining an ops run and it would be super good to also have a tab with lockouts for all members in the guild.

a unified member list that shows an account main next to all characters when online such that you dont have to create a rank called for example member alt.

Sounds like a good idea, maybe Guild halls (battle cruisers?) with specific guild perks (merchants, comm vendors etc etc)?

Yeah, would love it if an elevator on fleet led to your guild hall or whatever you want to call it with perks inside, or even just as a convenient place to have guild meetings.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, would love it if an elevator on fleet led to your guild hall or whatever you want to call it with perks inside, or even just as a convenient place to have guild meetings.

all good things. but at the core they need to really just focus for the moment on the actual guild interface when you hit g in game.

• 2 weeks later...