Makeb +10 endurance datatcron is taxing my patience

testpatter

I don't know how many of you have gotten the +10 endurance datacron on Makeb, but personally I am finding it the most challenging datacron so far. I fell to my death about 15 times a couple of days ago and took a break from it and will try again tomorrow. Share your tales of woe when you tried to get it. It might make me feel better :)

The only spot I found challenging on that was the girders on the bridge and those only set you back a bit when you fall off. I made it the whole way without dying once. I used Dulfy's walk-through and paused it often so the video kept pace with where I was.

This datacron was a pain in the buttocks indeed. Several times in a row I died at the very end when you jump down from the little hill onto the scaffold. I simply flew through the metal all the time. I read somewhere that this part is buggy.

I then watched Dulfy's video (usually, I don't "cheat" like this) and watched about 5 minutes again and again how she jumped. Then I took a very long time positioning my char and comparing it with the video. Then, finally, I just ran, jumped, closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

When I finally got this datacron and got the datacron master title or whatever the name was, I can tell you, it was the most satisfying moment in the game for me. I took out a chair emote and watched the scenery for a while. It was like remembering all the adventures I have gone through with this char. As if it was the final end of her journey. Epic moment. :)

Couldn't bother to get the datacron with any of my other chars yet though. ;)

Yeah, that matrix shard on Belsavis is a pain as well. I have not found one of the pieces in all this time yet either. But I once was so lucky when a friendly imperial player gathered them all and he invited everyone on the planet to get the shard with him. He even accepted an additional waiting time to announce it on the fleet. If I recall correctly, I was there with a rep char and we had imps and reps getting the shard together. That tomb was crowded this day. I don't remember the name of this friendly person but I am still thankful. I'm sure I have a screenshot of all the chars applauding for him somewhere. Have to search for it.

Yeah, that matrix shard on Belsavis is a pain as well. I have not found one of the pieces in all this time yet either. But I once was so lucky when a friendly imperial player gathered them all and he invited everyone on the planet to get the shard with him. He even accepted an additional waiting time to announce it on the fleet. If I recall correctly, I was there with a rep char and we had imps and reps getting the shard together. That tomb was crowded this day. I don't remember the name of this friendly person but I am still thankful. I'm sure I have a screenshot of all the chars applauding for him somewhere. Have to search for it.

Always nice to hear when someone does something nice for people :)

I don't know how many of you have gotten the +10 endurance datacron on Makeb, but personally I am finding it the most challenging datacron so far. I fell to my death about 15 times a couple of days ago and took a break from it and will try again tomorrow. Share your tales of woe when you tried to get it. It might make me feel better :)

IMO it doesn't beat the imp Willpower datacron on Corellia. I got nightmares everytime I knew my characters were going to start questing there.

The only other datacron I haven't gotten yet is the the green matrix shard on Belsavis, can you buy those 4 cubes on the GTN? I've spent hours in the tomb area and I haven't found one.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/img/datacrons/88/Belsavis_datacron_GreenMatrixShard_image_Rakata_Energy_Cube_locations.jpg

(Marked with stars and player map arrows)

You're welcome ;)

Edited by Drox

Yup, have that site on my favorites bar but that doesn't mean they are up in those locations even though I have spent about 20 hours and tried all the active instances. I appreciate the effort though :)

Yup, have that site on my favorites bar but that doesn't mean they are up in those locations even though I have spent about 20 hours and tried all the active instances. I appreciate the effort though :)

Only 1 spawns out of all those locations, so you have to rotate around them. Once you get 1, it then spawns in another one of those locations. I spent less than a hour when I did it, and got em all without trouble (I would also assume, you'd have to account for other people in the area who might grab it while you're looking for them). There are also videos out there if you need visual aid on it.

Edited by Drox

I watched the vid and have been rotating around the locations, oh well, I'll keep trying I know all the locations by rote now so it's probably just some bad luck :)

I found the swtor spy website to be inaccurate. I found a video on youtube with all the locations. It does spawn at one of those locations at all times and once you get one it will spawn instantly at another random location. It takes maybe 30 minutes to get them.

Edited by Twighead

Keep trying I did it on my 12th try lol.

Yes it was a pain the the arse.

These maps are somewhat incomplete, as the Energy Cubes do spawn OUTSIDE the Tomb as well: The first one I ever found was in the starter zone (near the Imperial outpost in the center of the zone) and there is another spawn point on the path to the Willpower datacron on the second map.

I distinctly remember running the 'Tomb Loop' on one of my characters for quite a while with another player and only finding one cube: the other player stayed in the tomb while I checked the other zones, and I ended up getting the last three cubes I needed in a couple of minutes, while my partner found nothing...

So, in conclusion, don't listen to anyone who tells you they only spawn in the Tomb: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I did it earlier this week in 2 evenings of a couple of hours each. And no you can't get them on the GTN, they cannot be sold there. It's a bit of a pain but I certainly didn't spend anywhere near 20 hours on it.

To be honest, game elements like the Makeb Datacron, the Droid Seeker missions or the Hk part searching were for me some of the best parts of the game. On the one hand, I like these "exploratory" elements a lot - they are a nice change to other parts of the game. On the other hand, I am kinda glad that Bioware included these parts - hopefully they will teach some patience to the majority of players. There is so much rushing that game, so many stressed out players that, if it were on me, I would make them "non-skippable" parts of flashpoints and operations.

Regarding the Makeb Endurance Datacron: it is simply a question of training. When I attempted it first, I had to retry, I don´t know, maybe 5 or 6 (or even more) times and it took me roughly 90 minutes. And I thought to myself "damn, I will have to do that with my 7 other characters". Currently, all my characters have got it and it went always smooth at the first try. I think the secret of the two difficult jumps at the end is to use a speeder: I always failed when I tried to manage it by foot.

I got the endurance datacron on my 1st try and it took about 30 minutes. However trying to get the presence one is trying my patience because I continue to clip someting and if I don't clip osmething I don't make it to the higher pipe but the lower one on the side. So I've only managed to get this datacron once out of my 10 characters.

I got so fed up with the amount of time it took to find these things. When I found my first one, I waited a minute to see if it would respawn in the same place, and it did. I then logged out in that spot, and kept logging back in on that toon every so often to see if the cube was there. Did that until I had all 4.

Corellia willpower took many attempts and once I got it on my sorc I didn't bother trying on other toons. Makeb datacron, I've only ever done it groups where sorc pulls and dueling make it pretty easy.

The only thing I wonder about, when thinking of the Makeb +10 end datacron, is how on earth people are indeed finding the way without a guide... I mean... I tried to get most Datacrons on my own, without a guide. Many datacrons you at least see and can then think of a way to get to... But that makeb way is so incredible long, with jumps where you wouldn't try to jump if you wouldn't know from a guide, that it is the right way.

These maps are somewhat incomplete, as the Energy Cubes do spawn OUTSIDE the Tomb as well: The first one I ever found was in the starter zone (near the Imperial outpost in the center of the zone) and there is another spawn point on the path to the Willpower datacron on the second map.

I distinctly remember running the 'Tomb Loop' on one of my characters for quite a while with another player and only finding one cube: the other player stayed in the tomb while I checked the other zones, and I ended up getting the last three cubes I needed in a couple of minutes, while my partner found nothing...

So, in conclusion, don't listen to anyone who tells you they only spawn in the Tomb: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

From scouring the internet, there are 18 different coordinates that these energy cubes have been sighted. I've only been lucky enough to find the ones of the tomb but they are all over the place yes.