Powetech has lower damag reduction, shield and absorption bonuses than Jedi Guardian?

jstankaroslo

Hi guys, maybe you could help me, cause I just noticed something:

my lvl 55 powertech with Ion Gas Cylinder has lower damage reduction than my lvl 50 guardian. Powertech has higher armor rating, but lower dam reduction. Both have heavy armor.

Why is that?

The same goes for shield and absorption. Higher stats give much lower bonuses. Is this normal, I mean, maybe I'm not aware of something?

If needed, I can post the exact numbers.

thanks in advance

Hi guys, maybe you could help me, cause I just noticed something:

my lvl 55 powertech with Ion Gas Cylinder has lower damage reduction than my lvl 50 guardian. Powertech has higher armor rating, but lower dam reduction. Both have heavy armor.

Why is that?

The same goes for shield and absorption. Higher stats give much lower bonuses. Is this normal, I mean, maybe I'm not aware of something?

If needed, I can post the exact numbers.

thanks in advance

The diminishing return curve really starts to kick in once you get past 50. It looks weird, but it's working as intended. When your Guardian gets to 55 and is in the same gear min-maxed, your PT w/ Ion will have a higher damage reduction.

Thanks for the answer.

But I don't get it -does it mean that the Guardian will have actually lower stats when he advances in levels?

Right now:

Guardian level 50, Soresu

armor 7298, reduction +40,33%

shield 353, which is +17,98

absorption 262, which is +22,23%

Powrtech level 55, Ion Gas Cylinder

armor 9684, reduction +40,89

shield 447, which is +9,49%

absorption 215, which is +5,72

both have purple bulwark enhancement for their levels (PT has actually level 53 purples)

So when my Guardian gets to higher level he actually LOSES shield, absorption and armor?

I'm on a Powertech forum, as I'd like my PT to have as much shield and abs as possible (Guardian is able to solo heroics 4 on his level with these stats, I'd like as much for my Hunter). Could you tell me what stats are posiible for PT?

Jstankaroslo, do you have a Shield Generator off-hand equipped? Also check if the Shield Generator is increasing Tech Power or Force Power (you may, as I did once :o, be inadvertantly using a Guardian Shield with +Aim mods).

(Silly question I know, but check).

Um the reason is the stat curve that is imposed by leveling from 50-55, the stats you have at 50 become increasingly less as you go to 55 from 50. This is true of all stats, crit rating at 50 is fantastic not so much once you are max level because of how they redid the stat curves for 51 and up.