Bioware, what direction do you see PvP heading?

cycao

I think the main issue BW has is tunnel-vision. Right now their vision is trained on GSF, something which I for one do not participate in. Had it been ground tanks I would be all over that (like Geonosis from EP II), but flying is not really my thing. I keep hoping the tunnel vision will move over to WZs or even some form of open world PvP, but my hopes have been dashed time and time again.

I do not mind arenas when the matches are even, but that only happens like 2 times out of 10. I am guilty of looking over the players and if I see it is really lopsided I leave the match before it starts, but thats only on nights when my playtime is limited or if I have been steam-rolled several matches in a row by pubs and my patients is low. Just being honest here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main issue BW has is tunnel-vision. Right now their vision is trained on GSF, something which I for one do not participate in. Had it been ground tanks I would be all over that (like Geonosis from EP II), but flying is not really my thing. I keep hoping the tunnel vision will move over to WZs or even some form of open world PvP, but my hopes have been dashed time and time again.

I do not mind arenas when the matches are even, but that only happens like 2 times out of 10. I am guilty of looking over the players and if I see it is really lopsided I leave the match before it starts, but thats only on nights when my playtime is limited or if I have been steam-rolled several matches in a row by pubs and my patients is low. Just being honest here.

Yeah this is something that many are speculating is that they will put all their attention towards GSF and its "PvP".

Yes this.

Please BW keep working on ranked play.

Lets see some:

- 2v2 or 3v3 option

- Gear upgrades and ranked daily as incentive to play

- CROSS SERVER MUST HAPPEN OR ALL WILL BE LOST FOR GOOD

I love GSF dont get me wrong but battling in it isn't the same as when you are in a ranked arena. You are more disconnected to the fight in GSF because you really dont have much idea what your opponent is doing aside of where he is flying and if he is shooting at you etc. GSF is just not as involved as arena, and though I believe it could be more complex with different modes I dont think it'll ever approach the same level as fighting in arena.

• 2 weeks later...
When Starfighter was said to be done by the PVP team, I was actually pretty excited for GSF (It's a feature I wanted most) but I think they need to increase the team's numbers. Starfighter is going to need more content and so is the normal PVP. It does deserve more love, as no feature should really be put to the side just because majority loves "PVE". I'm a PVE/Starfighter person and I can still agree that there should be some adjustments and new content. Also, they need to purge that debuff for the plague as channels being interrupted is just bad honestly.