The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tionese/Columni/Rakata Gear Shells

I understand how the Tionese/Columni/Rakata gear sets had been removed from the game because of the new level cap. But I for one had not reached level 50 before the removal and I was really looking forward to getting the Tionese Sorc gear for my Sorcerer.

Since the files are still obviously in the game and people are still able to wear the gear if they got it pre 2.0 I dont see why it would be a difficult task to add the shells as cartel purchasable items.

Im sure quite a few people would like to see this happen.

if these were brought back in any form it should be as craft able items / schematics that can be purchased or earned as drops from something or a vendor. There is plenty of Cartel Market stuff out there and not enough for people who love crafting. Throw them a bone since they can't make useful end game gear anymore.

Bring back Tionese, Columi & Rakata gear, just not on the Cartel Market.

Give subscribers a reason to visit the VIP area of fleet by putting these items for sale from the VIP vendor. Make schematics for them drop from EV and KP, better yet have the gear drop from KP and EV again. Make the Lvl 50 Flashpoints drop this gear again. Make them purchasable with Classic comms from the dude on fleet that lets you trade your old Tokens for classic comms.

Do something but bring this gear back and make us EARN it!

I'm sick of gear that has to be bought I want the challenge and thrill of EARNING a great looking piece of gear, not the dull-drum and frustration of having to shell out real money to just buy the thing!

• 2 weeks later...
`Just no, i would unsub :)

^Strongly Agree

Oh God NO. Newer players have far~ more options than the older players ever did in their first year(s), especially with apparel options, and now this gimme gimme philosophy where people join with an undeserved sense of entitlement/ achievement, and don't have to earn/grind for things during the time period allotted is starting to get incredibly ridiculous. Newer players are able to get a Korrealis on the CM, with NO effort, which the series was discontinued in year one: COME ON!

Pre-2.0 was from 12/16/2011 to 04/09/2013, well over TWO YEARS to get the gear, so get over it. Tired of seeing newer players trying to strip the older ones out of any prestige or achievements we've worked damn hard for. I've a busy schedule, and I made the time to grind for the older stuff during the time it was available. To take away older players' accomplishments and trivialize it is just plain wrong. It had its time, like any active event, and should be respectfully retired, as BW has done. Let it go.

Edited by Willjb

^Strongly Agree

Oh God NO. Newer players have far~ more options than the older players ever did in their first year(s), especially with apparel options, and now this gimme gimme philosophy where people join with an undeserved sense of entitlement/ achievement, and don't have to earn/grind for things during the time period allotted is starting to get incredibly ridiculous. Newer players are able to get a Korrealis on the CM, with NO effort, which the series was discontinued in year one: COME ON!

Pre-2.0 was from 12/16/2011 to 04/09/2013, well over TWO YEARS to get the gear, so get over it. Tired of seeing newer players trying to strip the older ones out of any prestige or achievements we've worked damn hard for. I've a busy schedule, and I made the time to grind for the older stuff during the time it was available. To take away older players' accomplishments and trivialize it is just plain wrong. It had its time, like any active event, and should be respectfully retired, as BW has done. Let it go.

So you feel entitled because you "worked" for it?

Well then make us "work" for it.

You are one who blatantly feels entitled, that the retired sets should be brought back for [you]. Like BioWare's judgment isn't good enough for [you]. Like the older players should bend over backwards for [you]. [You] had WAY more than enough time to get it, TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILTY! Edited by Willjb

Keep blaming other people because of your shortcomings. Again, it's always someone else's fault with you.

Hell, let's just give everything away pre-2.0 just because you didn't grind for it, because you know better than BioWare, and that anything pre-2.0 should be brought back at your whim, or should we say whine. Bringing it back would be quite unfair to those who subbed during that time and made the time to grind. If it was up to you, it'd be trivialized on the CM because you have NO respect for what older players accomplished.

Edited by Willjb

The schematics are in game.

Instead of suggesting for a CM equivalent, how about giving the crafting community some well deserved love and making the Exotech/Energized sets BoE instead of BoP.

Some players kept their tradeskills with the schematics even though it was a detriment to their "raiding capability" while the schematics dropped in operations.

If players waited all this time in the hopes that it Bioware would see their obvious mistake and changed them, why not throw them the bone?

Keep blaming other people because of your shortcomings. Again, it's always someone else's fault with you.

Hell, let's just give everything away pre-2.0 just because you didn't grind for it, because you know better than BioWare, and that anything pre-2.0 should be brought back at your whim, or should we say whine. Bringing it back would be quite unfair to those who subbed during that time and made the time to grind. If it was up to you, it'd be trivialized on the CM because you have NO respect for what older players accomplished.

This is becoming a fun search. Perhaps someone can help me out with this?

When did I blame anyone for the lack of that gear?

When did I say I knew better than BioWare?

When did I ask for it to be put on the CM?

Let's make it a game Willjb, if you can give me an answer to those questions, I will apologize for being rude.

If you can not, then my previous statement remains.

I'm all for it, especially the idea of buying it with classic coms.

OMG, you are the slowest troll ever, no really. When did I claim:

1. "this is about someone who achieved something and can't enjoy it unless others can't achieve the same thing" - AGAIN, blaming other people that the gear isn't in the game; BioWare made the judgment, but if you aren't complaining anymore to them about this thread, then GET THE HELL OFF IT!

2. "Why don't you ask for the game to shut down" - theatrical; again whining. You are the one whining, or there would be this whinefest of a thread; let's not forget, you are the one asking something from BioWare, as if the developers made an error in judgment and not (again) you.

3. Rivan stated earlier (heaven forbid you actually understand what you post): "Bring back Tionese, Columi & Rakata gear, just not on the Cartel Market." (then he elaborated between CM, ops & classic coms: blah blah blah); then you posted (OM*G) RIGHT AFTER: "I'm all for it" - [*Advice: look up and understand the word "all".]

Apology accepted. I'll drop it if you do, no need to beat a dead horse of a topic, we both have stated our case. Sure, rudeness doesn't help convince people; The better older players really appreciate courtesy, especially if you expected to win them over. (Newer players got their Korrealis, so you got a better compromise (a very hard compromise, so do appreciate it) with that, as it was the hardest pre-2.0 thing to get overall (A lot of older players passed/ sold on the new one(s), self-included, because it was really compromised for newer players.) Otherwise: Feel free to keep on trolling/ whining about this topic up to your eventual rage quit: "We will miss you."

Edited by Willjb

None of the answer were given.

("all" was meant to be the gear, not the ways to get them)

Therefore no apology.

I will however agree on one thing you said or what I think you meant, this is getting pointless, none of us are going to change their views.

I hope next time we happen to discuss something else, it won't turn out like this did.

^Strongly Agree

So because you had an end-game toon at the time you're entitled to have it so you can feel special? Please.

As someone who earned them at 50 on my sage from raiding and her companions and then "earned" them on my Powertech and Smuggler by dinging 50 (Tionese vs Rakata), I would also like to see them come back. I really like the look of the Sorcerer set and I really love the Agent one as well. I never griped at the way they looked, and I liked some and others I didn't. I don't care if they come back via the cartel market, crafting, legacy vendor, vip vendor, or if they are modless, or orange rarity.

I would love these to come back, I got most of the Tionese gear for my Sage and accidentally got a full set of Jedi Knight Tionese for Qyzen, before I knew he used Aim (I know very bad newbie mistake, but then we all make mistakes some just seem more stupid than others, such as when I always got absorption armor for my sage :eek:).

Also if they bring back this I hope they bring back the named weapons, I was looking forward to getting Jolee Bindo's Lighsaber (and Bastila Shan's for that matter).

I thoroughly enjoyed the comical look of the sage's headdress, with its half-moon appearance, whenever I saw it I would laugh and say, "Wow, where has this guy been for his clothing?"

Now where it comes from I do not mind I would just love to see some of the old gear brought back.

And for those who may say I am new and simply want it given to me, I was subbed since a month past launch. I just did not make/get enough time to do the grinds. I am home schooled and my parents are very strict on video game time allotments so playing enough to get one sage to 50 and grinding the end-game flashpoints/operations was not always an option.

So I agree with bringing back the gear, all of the end-game 50 gear. It does not need to come from the Cartel Market, as Bioware seems to be making quiet a profit off of that already not that I am complaining. I would just love to see it come back that is for sure.

I've been a sub since 1.5, I only got one of my toons to 50 before 2.0 came out. I for one would LOVE to get the old end game gear back. But, make people work for it. I agree that it wouldn't be fair / near as fun to get them off the Cartel Market, and it presents a great opportunity for new FP's or Operations.

I demand they bring back the full set of gear and put it up on the Cartel Market! That was some of the best looking armor around!

This goes to show that there actually are people who do like the looks of these sets. Therefore, I wouldn't mind them being added back as adaptive shells, regardless of how they would be acquired.

I wouldn't mind them being added back as adaptive shells, regardless of how they would be acquired.

Completely agree 100%. I would love to see an official response from Bioware regarding this.

All I simply ask, should they do decide to do this, is please don't add them to future cartel packs as completely seperate items and simply have the whole sets available directly from the market.

Completely agree 100%. I would love to see an official response from Bioware regarding this.

All I simply ask, should they do decide to do this, is please don't add them to future cartel packs as completely seperate items and simply have the whole sets available directly from the market.

I think this should be handled similar to the character creation armor. Can purchase the whole set from the Cartel Market directly. For a modest fee, of course. Plus the ability to unlock it in collections.

I'm dying to be able to get something like the old Battlemaster War Leader's set for one of my Jedi Consulars, but can't use the PvP one that can still sort of be crafted due to the class restriction.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra