The community is now beyond toxic.

Angedechu

When I logged after the Christmas break, I saw I had 3 of the latest cartel packs in my inventory.

I offered to sell them for 5 000 credits (all three of them) to free up inventory.

The guy that I sold them to then loled and called me a retard.

Next time, I will delete them.

(Yes, I'm aware that this is a bit low for CP. I just don't care about fake cash)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that have to do with the community? Too many people base everything on the single bad interaction out of a 100 decent interactions. Nonetheless though what that guy did was disgusting. If he thought it was a steal just take the item and end it there. To add insult is terribly inhumane. Sorry you had to go through that.

1) Were you on a PvP server?

2) Those types are in EVERY social game. Anyone that thinks otherwise is viewing their old games with rose tinted goggles.

3) Putting packs on sale for 5k people will assume you are trolling or scamming. When people know the typical price, they will only believe things are legitimate if you dropt he price by a certain amount...or toss them on the GTN and then they assume you just missed some zeroes.

If you are going to give something away, which you practically did, don't just give it to some random person. Be more observant and give them to someone deserving. You could even ask a question on fleet to bait the trolls and give it to one of the people that answered sincerely.

He jumped around me trying to teabag me AFTER I sold him the packs for 5k.

Don't let that person put you spirits down. There will always be jerks like that in any game you play. I think it would have been a better idea to have only sold him one pack, then if he/she were to do the things he said you could have told him you weren't going to sell him the rest. It's probably some kid or an immature adult. I mean who does teabagging in video games? I haven't seen teabags in a video game in years.

Edited by Knockerz

And when someone GIVE stuff away, do you think it's normal to teabag him ?

1) It's hard to believe you actually sold those CPs for what amounts to 2% of market price. You post things like this almost every month.

2) IF... you had actually given them away rather then selling them for 2% of market price.. no. You would have likely met with gratitude.

3) IF you are going to /tell in general chat that you have CPs available for 2% of market price, you might as well put a sign on the back of your character that says.. "hey... come <xyz> me".

TL;DR you attracted what you received by your methods. And again.. we have another new month and another new thread from you where you "claim" to be selling items way below market rates because "nobody will buy them otherwise". :rolleyes:

4) IMO, not sure if anything you share with us in the forum is actually true or not.... because it makes no sense, is highly illogical, and always leads directly into a rant about something.

Edited by Andryah

And when someone GIVE stuff away, do you think it's normal to teabag him ?

On the internet, decency is the exception and stupidity is the norm.

Not justifying his stupidity. Rather, pointing out your naïvety. If you want to "give stuff away" as said by the poster above you, you need to choose. Make sure you like the guy and know that he might return the favour before doing it.

On the internet, decency is the exception and stupidity is the norm.

Not justifying his stupidity. Rather, pointing out your naïvety. If you want to "give stuff away" as said by the poster above you, you need to choose. Make sure you like the guy and know that he might return the favour before doing it.

Exactly.

3) IF you are going to /tell in general chat that you have CPs available for 2% of market price, you might as well put a sign on the back of your character that says.. "hey... come <xyz> me".

I share your skepticism over whether this actually happened, but your claim here basically proves OP's point. "IF" doing something extremely charitable/generous can be reliably expected to result in the community treating it as a "hey... come <xyz> me" sign on your back - then that says loud and clear that it is a ****ty community.

You can be as jaded as you want about it, and say, "of course this is a community of people who are going to act like ***holes, it's the internet," but if that's your opinion on what the community is actually like, then you can't fault someone for calling a spade a spade. (At best you can fault them for being dead wrong if they think they'll find a community that's any better in any other online games.)

Edited by DarthDymond

Allow me to sum up what happened to you.

1. You decided to (practically) give away Cartel Market packs.

2. The guy you gave them away to was an idiot

3. The end.

This community could be toxic as hell, but this particular case proves neither that it is nor that it's not.

Oh well, at least this time around you didn't try to convince us that you couldn't sell Revan's Mask for 50k or that you had to destroy the CM color crystals because no one was buying them/you couldn't post them on the GTN, so that's something... :rolleyes:

I share your skepticism over whether this actually happened, but your claim here basically proves OP's point. "IF" doing something extremely charitable/generous can be reliably expected to result in the community treating it as a "hey... come <xyz> me" sign on your back - then that says loud and clear that it is a ****ty community.

You can be as jaded as you want about it, and say, "of course this is a community of people who are going to act like ***holes, it's the internet," but if that's your opinion on what the community is actually like, then you can't fault someone for calling a spade a spade. (At best you can fault them for being dead wrong if they think they'll find a community that's any better in any other online games.)

Personally, I do not experience the same social calamities as the OP. And the fact is... giving something away to another player is quite different then selling it for ridiculous low ball prices. The first generally results in gratitude and the later (especially if conducted with some random player you do not know) can be easily perceived as naïve and some MMO players have no respect for being naïve (not justifying the behavior, just acknowledging it).

Let me share a comparative example with quite different results:

Once or twice a month, I gather up a full inventory of orange modable level 1 armor and venture out to one of the starter planets and setup in the cantina and then announce that I have free moddable adaptive armor available first come first serve at no charge. The absolute worst result I have ever received from this activity is a neutral sounding "thanks". Most often, I receive actual gratitude expressed and sometimes strike up conversations that lead to future contacts in game.

Now, I have absolutely no idea where the OP hangs out or how he interacts with other players in game. But I do know that his experience portrayed here runs counter to my experiences when giving away items to players. Perhaps if he picked better venues and methods of outreach, and did not actually sell CPs at 2% of market price, he would attract less douche-baggery.

My point? you reap what you sow, even in MMOs filled with anonymous players with nothing to gain or lose in how they respond.

Edited by Andryah

Allow me to sum up what happened to you.

1. You decided to (practically) give away Cartel Market packs.

2. The guy you gave them away to was an idiot

3. The end.

This community could be toxic as hell, but this particular case proves neither that it is nor that it's not.

/Agree.

Oh well, at least this time around you didn't try to convince us that you couldn't sell Revan's Mask for 50k or that you had to destroy the CM color crystals because no one was buying them/you couldn't post them on the GTN, so that's something... :rolleyes:

Which I'm sure most of us who have been here for a long time.... appreciate him not doing this time around. :)

This still feels like a variation of the theme of "I can't sell this stuff" though. :confused:

Edited by Andryah

1) It's hard to believe you actually sold those CPs for what amounts to 2% of market price. You post things like this almost every month.

2) IF... you had actually given them away rather then selling them for 2% of market price.. no. You would have likely met with gratitude.

TL;DR you attracted what you received by your methods. And again.. we have another new month and another new thread from you where you "claim" to be selling items way below market rates because "nobody will buy them otherwise". :rolleyes:

4) IMO, not sure if anything you share with us in the forum is actually true or not.... because it makes no sense, is highly illogical, and always leads directly into a rant about something.

I could think of a few bad words for you andryah after reading this but since it's the first one i've seen like this from you in a while i'll let it go, also it proves my point. People on the internet aren't exactly nice, giving people anyonymity and allowing them to do and say things they want breeds that in some people.

I don't know the exact price of the item you were selling or how much it was discounted, all I know is some people will do that. With me I give away courting gifts (I have no use for them) and the level 50 armstech orange schematics because I also have no use for them. If someone did this to me after recieving them I would ignore them.

5,000 credits is nothing in this game, so yes you gave them away. you don't have to haggle, just search on the GTN next time and list them for slightly below the market value. how is that so hard. the community isn't toxic, you are just a bit odd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.