Add an 'EVADED' or 'DODGED' text when an enemy ships evades shots from you

Mystry

This was in my big old thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=709730

But totally deserves its own thread. If your shot was good by game engine, we should see EVADE or MISS. EVADE should pop up if the dice roll was in the section where the enemy ship's evasion made it happen. MISS should pop up if the die roll was in the spot where our lack of accuracy or tracking penalty was responsible.

It's also odd that the game has crits and dodges, but doesn't have a damage range to roll for, ie, every fully charged slug is 1600 exact.

It's also odd that the game has crits and dodges, but doesn't have a damage range to roll for, ie, every fully charged slug is 1600 exact.

it would be nice if they did that. I'd also like a break down on weapons like quads what the damage per shot is, not just the damage per second. For slow firing guns it would really help since their strength is damage per shot not dps.

But back on topic yes I would love to have a miss/evade notice. It would help a whole lot in correcting my aim since I'd know whether I'm missing because of pilot error or poor RNG luck. It would also probably lead to less speculation of how accuracy/evasion work if we actually knew when those stats are the cause of a miss rather than just speculating that they were the most likely cause.

I'd like to know when I just miss or if its enemy evasion

A message for evasion is something that would add greatly to the game with next to no programming cost or changing game balance, would simply allow people to tell the difference between latency issues and evasion.

Oh, and I would really like my dog to have white hair instead of black so I can wear white again.

(If you want to talk about something else, please post another thread.)

Oh, and I would really like my dog to have white hair instead of black so I can wear white again.

(If you want to talk about something else, please post another thread.)

I'll trade you... mine is black and white but only sheds her white hair. wth is that about?

Edited by silvershadows

or simply lag.

I want to know if the GAME ENGINE thought I hit the guy. Not the COMBAT ENGINE rolling dice in the background, though it would tell us that too. That's VERY important for player immersion. Right now the game feels slippery. I hate- more than ANYTHING- slamming shot after shot uselessly at some guy at 10km with my railgun, and not having any hit. If it was saying EVADE or MISS each time the shot was good, that would help A WHOLE LOT, because it would be offering me feedback that my aim was true, instead of me wondering if my hands are shaking, mouse is crap, I'm crap, connection is crap, game is crap, who knows!

Edited by Verain

This was in my big old thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=709730

But totally deserves its own thread. If your shot was good by game engine, we should see EVADE or MISS. EVADE should pop up if the dice roll was in the section where the enemy ship's evasion made it happen. MISS should pop up if the die roll was in the spot where our lack of accuracy or tracking penalty was responsible.

That's not a bad idea. Someone at some point suggested a blue 0 for evaded shots. I'd think a purple 0 could work for missed shots.

I like using the number zero instead of a word because it's less screen clutter.