BW: How to nerf healers w/o nerfing healers.

ViciousFett

Some people have suggested this, but the tanks got angry. If you nerf guard, then tanks would have almost no role in wzs. I'm personally not a tank (in pvp at least) but I get what they are saying.

Well the tank specs should have more powerful taunts for pvp if guard functionality is reduced. Personally I would like to see tanks taking a more active role than just putting guard up and calling it a day. (yes I am aware there is a lot more to tanking than this in high level pvp)

While I want tanks to have a role in pvp, your team composition shouldn't be forced to have a tank if you want to win. Ranked has always required tanks in both wz and arena, which has been a big obstacle in people creating new ranked teams.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There sure are a lot of twitch replies about why healers shouldn't be nerfed, and why DPS are bad, yet no one addresses why healers are the only class' that are unaffected by accuracy debuffs... weird.

Biased much?

again, all you people got beef with scoundrel healers who have a far higher healing capacity. As it is only with 2.6 are commando healers going to finally see some improvement, but we are still on the tipping edge, nerfs to all healing in general will only harm commandos and sages and still leave scoundrel healers as most desirable healer.

considering my madness sorc CD crits for 4200+ a tick, its worth they evade if i catch it after the first tick. I tend to save my evades for Ambush/Maul/Ravage/Madness cleanse

I will admit operative healers have more tools to stay alive vs BAD dps, but if i have two good dps on me when im healing on my operative, I'm going down. Most players cannot pull 700 dps or even use interrupts, so of course they will never be able to drop a healer

How many times does it have to be said:

NO team lets 2 DPS just beat on a healer. That scenario is completely unrealistic. That excuse has to stop.

As a good dps who is generally at the top of the charts I can tell you that killing an unguarded healer is so LOL that it is pathetic (guarded healers just require coordination).

A bad DPS has just no chance killing a mediocre Operative healer on its own

And that'y why EVERYBODY is focusing Sage / Sorc Healers nowadays ?

That could explain it.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

And that'y why EVERYBODY is focusing Sage / Sorc Healers nowadays ?

That could explain it.

No idea, what that means, but I always focus the op healer. When matched up against an op and a sorc healer, I tell them to focus the op healer. Usually works.

In fact when you are matched against a sorc healer, it is better to cc the sorc and focus the weakest dps first. Sorc healers are prepared to be focused and have their finger close to their bubble and will generally put revivification around themselves in preparation for being attacked. If they have a tank he will definitely guard the sorc healer by default. This catches them by surprise and will work provided everyone does their job correctly.

No idea, what that means, but I always focus the op healer. When matched up against an op and a sorc healer, I tell them to focus the op healer. Usually works.

In fact when you are matched against a sorc healer, it is better to cc the sorc and focus the weakest dps first. Sorc healers are prepared to be focused and have their finger close to their bubble and will generally put revivification around themselves in preparation for being attacked. If they have a tank he will definitely guard the sorc healer by default. This catches them by surprise and will work provided everyone does their job correctly.

That said, an unguarded sorc will never survive my combat sents full burst cycle. When all the procs come up I always look around and see if a sorc is available to destroy because they are just too squishy when unguarded.

That said, an unguarded sorc will never survive my combat sents full burst cycle. When all the procs come up I always look around and see if a sorc is available to destroy because they are just too squishy when unguarded.

To be fair, op healers probably can't survive it either. Sorcs can at least use their force barrier, KB+force slow+force speed (btw not saying sorcs are better for arenas, because we all know they are not). Carnage marauders have the best burst in the game and have the best armor penetration as well. Heck even PTs can barely survive it.

To be fair, op healers probably can't survive it either. Sorcs can at least use their force barrier, KB+force slow+force speed (btw not saying sorcs are better for arenas, because we all know they are not). Carnage marauders have the best burst in the game and have the best armor penetration as well. Heck even PTs can barely survive it.

Truth is a PT can't survive that particular burst cycle unless he has over 32 K health when I start it, and I am not even fully geared yet. Fortunately for most players RNG only will allow this to be done two to three times per warzone, and a CC during the cycle will take one of those windows away.

There sure are a lot of twitch replies about why healers shouldn't be nerfed, and why DPS are bad, yet no one addresses why healers are the only class' that are unaffected by accuracy debuffs... weird.

Biased much?

healers are as affected by accuracy debuffs as any other class, guess what happens when im attacked by a pesky sentinal beeing at 5% using his pacify on my commando? hes gonna kill me as i´m unable to get rid of him while beeing bursted and ruptet without help of any other teammate. as im unable to hit him while beeing 90% accuracy debuffed.