Guess il switch to heals, aaaaaand now everyone on my team is a healer to :s

HexDecimalUK

Am i really the only one noticing this? its either 4 or 5 healers or none is it really that difficult to code the que finder to require at least 1 but no more than 2 healers for a team? Oh let me guess it will take longer to pop for people right? is that why i go from a team with no healers to a team with lots fo healers is it? You stopped us being able to respec in warzones the least you can do is keep your promise of fair matched compositions, il play my warrior no healers just run out ravage and die. il play my sorc and we'll all stand in a circle healing eachother. How am i actually supposed to enjoy this game?

Stopping respec in warzones has created this problem.

The change was in response to vocal bads who probably already quit.

Please restore respec IN warzones and everywhere at any time.

EVERY ONE has access to doing this and its TOTALY FAIR since everyone can do it at ANY TIME.

Why have multiple trees and specs if I cant change them on the fly.

It should be made EASIER to respec with 3 profiles that have a tree and button layout. That you can click to at any time.

Perhaps respec-ing should have a 10 minute cooldown but that solves the issue and the old issue. Maybe 15 min.

Edited by Smuglebunny

EVERY ONE has access to doing this and its TOTALY FAIR since everyone can do it at ANY TIME.

It should be made EASIER to respec with 3 profiles that have a tree and button layout. That you can click to at any time.

Perhaps respec-ing should have a 10 minute cooldown but that solves the issue and the old issue. Maybe 15 min.

or just only switch spec in the spawn zone. /problem

yeah, I guess respec-ing RIGHT in the middle of a zone might be OP in certain situations. ;)

This isnt even funny, i don't normally role heals for this very reason but all day its beeen at least 4 on every team i have joined? it cant just be my luck How is this not the meta complaint?

Edited by HexDecimalUK

Pretty much this.

Taking respec out of warzone was the right move. Stop hiding user the guise of "I was only switching because we had no healer." No. The truth is players were switching their specs to make defending nodes and doors a cake walk when they were on defense. They might have queued as a DPS but to keep the other team from advancing they switched spec in the second round.

You play as what you queue up as. You don't get another choice. Allowing people to respec in WZs allows a team to remove their disadvantage on a moment's notice.

The better solution is for the WZ system to attempt to make balanced teams. At least for a minute or two.

Edited by Arkerus

Taking respec out of warzone was the right move. Stop hiding user the guise of "I was only switching because we had no healer." No. The truth is players were switching their specs to make defending nodes and doors a cake walk when they were on defense. They might have queued as a DPS but to keep the other team from advancing they switched spec in the second round.

You play as what you queue up as. You don't get another choice. Allowing people to respec in WZs allows a team to remove their disadvantage on a moment's notice.

The better solution is for the WZ system to attempt to make balanced teams. At least for a minute or two.

or as i said just insure at least but no more than 2 healers are on the team, and heres fun if it cant find one, it doesnt pop or the spawn doors don't open between rounds

Locking respec after the barrier first opens and lets everybody in the warzone would have been the obvious fix, but Bioware opted for the easy way out. Respeccing was our way of fixing a lack of a matchmaking system, and our way of fixing the fact some specs were useless in certain warzones.

Yes everybody is familiar with the issues with it and the reason they removed field respec from warzones. However field respec had more uses than turtling a node, and there were other solutions to fix it without destroying it's actual usefulness. Matches with or against teams with 4 healers and 2 tanks that can't kill anything, and can't be killed are prolonged and no fun for either side. Arenas have teams with 3 healers and a tank vs 4 dps. Huttball still is useless to certain specs and if you happen to be in that spec, too bad, you're useless to your team.

Am i really the only one noticing this? its either 4 or 5 healers or none is it really that difficult to code the que finder to require at least 1 but no more than 2 healers for a team? Oh let me guess it will take longer to pop for people right? is that why i go from a team with no healers to a team with lots fo healers is it? You stopped us being able to respec in warzones the least you can do is keep your promise of fair matched compositions, il play my warrior no healers just run out ravage and die. il play my sorc and we'll all stand in a circle healing eachother. How am i actually supposed to enjoy this game?

Same feeling here. I play my operative heal - we are 3 or 4 heals in team. I switch to my jugg or I respec my operative to DPS - we don't have any heals...

Last week I had two arenas (normals) in a row where we were all four heals. Veeeery funny. We couldn't kill anyone and they couldn't kill us...

That wasn't the real reason they removed it. They removed it for solo queue arenas in order to try to match 2 teams specs and not have 1 person switching specs in the middle (or worse abusing the system by planning to switch specs ahead of time). The queuing system is the same for both ranked and unranked; that's why they didn't do the obvious and only stopped respec for ranked queues. It would probably be too much work.

The situation you described was rare and never a huge issue. Out of all the teams and premades I faced, I think I only saw it happen once maybe. And even then they honestly didn't need to, they easily crushed our team in round 1.

Edited by sithBracer

That wasn't the real reason they removed it. They removed it for solo queue arenas in order to try to match 2 teams specs and not have 1 person switching specs in the middle (or worse abusing the system by planning to switch specs ahead of time). The queuing system is the same for both ranked and unranked; that's why they didn't do the obvious and only stopped respec for ranked queues. It would probably be too much work.

The situation you described was rare and never a huge issue. Out of all the teams and premades I faced, I think I only saw it happen once maybe. And even then they honestly didn't need to, they easily crushed our team in round 1.

I saw it dozens of times on pot5. It was certainly not rare. And its a good thing they did for the reasons you mention as well.

Some great suggestions here, hope the devs will take a look. I never understood why they totally took away the respect in warzones, instead of just fixing the issue.

Just like someone said, I also agree that we should be able to respect only in spawn zones. It's really bad when you queue for a pvp match and your team lacks one or another spec that would help with making the match more even.

An example just out of my head would be a Huttball match where your team lacks a player with some sort of "harpoon" or "force pull" skill and all you have is an infiltration shadow, that could respec into the defense tree to get the force pull...

Indeed. People were abusing the hell out of respecs in ranked 8v8. Almost every voidstar we played vs other 2K+ teams would come down to a tie breaker.

I can only imagine how exploitable it would be in ranked arenas.