Blaster Overcharge vs Targeting Telemetry (X-Sting)

Arcagrian

I am very conflicted on what to use on my Sting. I am using Burst Laser Cannons and basically it comes down to choosing between 10% more dmg with 35% fire rate and 8% crit or 15% crit, 25% surge and 10% accuracy.

Which one do you use on your Sting?

Overcharge, as that in company with bypass is pretty good, almost too good :p

But I won't complain, as it's incredibly fun to blast a gunship to smitherines in a matter of seconds

I use blaster overcharge on my flashfire so I decided to use Targeting Telemetry for my sting, but after about a dozen matches or so I switched the sting to overcharge as well. I felt I was getting consistently higher dmg with over charge. I am using quad lasers and I do not have bypass slotted.

~ Dailus

As crew skill I am using Concentrated Fire (the 35% crit chance) this is better than bypass for burst cannons in my opinion

Do you not like two-shotting gunships or something? I use Bypass and Blaster Overcharge, both of them guarantee me a kill against a clueless gunship and let me blow up someone stopped under a satellite before they can start moving (I'm not exaggerating at all, try it).

I feel like Telemetry will get better when people start flying better and you can't just pump burst lasers into their very predictable flight path (or lack thereof). When people weave, increased fire rate becomes less useful as you have to be more careful with your shots.

I had always thought that shield penetration didn't actually increase total damage but just applied a portion of the damage directly to the hull regardless of the target's shield power. Is the hull damage actually in addition to the normal shield damage? Really?!

I had always thought that shield penetration didn't actually increase total damage but just applied a portion of the damage directly to the hull regardless of the target's shield power. Is the hull damage actually in addition to the normal shield damage? Really?!

Dunno, I'm on vacation. Ask Shadowfist if you really care. The correct answer, however, is that it doesn't matter - you can fairly often get kills where the dude has half shield and zero hull, down from full and full.

As crew skill I am using Concentrated Fire (the 35% crit chance) this is better than bypass for burst cannons in my opinion

if your using concentrated I would go for tele b/c tele gives increased crit multiplier on top of increased accuracy and reduced target evasion.

Against new guys who can't fly very good both can finish them in 2 sec. With concentrated fire on crit I do 1,400 dmg, they die in 2 hits. Bypass does not add more dmg to the hull it just directs portion of the dmg to the hull, so enemies die with 1/3 of their shields left, but with 1 crit i'm pretty sure i take more than 1/3 of their shields. Anyway my problem is when im in fight 2vs1 or 3vs1. It seems telemetry would be the better choice in that case

Do you not like two-shotting gunships or something? I use Bypass and Blaster Overcharge, both of them guarantee me a kill against a clueless gunship and let me blow up someone stopped under a satellite before they can start moving (I'm not exaggerating at all, try it).

IMO that is the most lethal combo for Sting/Flashfire.

Dunno, I'm on vacation. Ask Shadowfist if you really care. The correct answer, however, is that it doesn't matter - you can fairly often get kills where the dude has half shield and zero hull, down from full and full.

Hmm.

You'd think the co-founder of the WORLD'S BEST GSF GUILD would know how the game works.

Hmm.

You'd think the co-founder of the WORLD'S BEST GSF GUILD would know how the game works.

Unfortunately, between vacation and a busted left hand, I've been unable to pay much this month, which means I've been unable to make observations to puzzle out specifics of some of the more in-depth questions (instead of just assuming they work properly as advertised). Thus, I recommend you to one of Death Squadron's other co-founders, who probably has more flight time than I at this point and can confirm or deny that things with as they claim.