40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

Your ranting obscures the bolded statement's intent. Are you actually suggesting that as "an old school" gamer, you find this expensive. An old school gamer of what? A mount at level 60 in WoW was 900+ gold in Vanilla. That was far, far above what anyone earned over the course of questing. Even the 100 gold 40 mount still required quite a bit of extra gold farming unless you just dumped everything imaginable on the AH on your way up. I remember not getting 1 gold until like 15. Even as a raider at 60, I rarely had more than 300-400 gold on me, but that's because I had to buy flasks and pots (as well as farm mats).

I had 48,000 at 25 and I had bought extra bag space. It really isn't very far outside the stream of income you earn by just questing. Now, if you are comparing it to WoW currently, well, then, you are not an "old school gamer"

Yeah there does seem to be some decent money sinks in this game but to be honest, If you play the money game right you can always keep your self ahead of the curve

Slicing ftw.

I have what seems to me to be plenty of cash on my main, but then again, he's got 3 gathering profs, and no actual crafting, so that's one money sink down.

LOL? I managed to save up 50Kish and I'm only level 22. I didn't buy any gear with credits and I haven't sold anything to anyone, just from questing and looting. Stop complaining.. You obviously don't know how to save and guess what! there was a warning at level 20.

I think the cost for riding skill could go down slightly...as right now your paying 40,000 credits for the training and then 8,000 credits for the speeder..that is a tad bit.

I say 30,000 creds is more reasonable but it all depends on how the designers expect people to spend or save their creds.

Yeah there does seem to be some decent money sinks in this game but to be honest, If you play the money game right you can always keep your self ahead of the curve

money sinks don't seem strong enough to be honest, especially since one of the crew skills is crafting money,

money sinks don't seem strong enough to be honest, especially since one of the crew skills is crafting money,

If you get into crafting you'll see there is a bottomless pit. Sure slicing might get you some but if you crafty as intended (ie...artifice/arch/treasure hunting) You will be broke in no time, and thats doing zero archealogy missions just the necessary treasure hunting missions for rares). Really badly desigtned money sink as it punishes all but the most casual crafters.

If you get into crafting you'll see there is a bottomless pit. Sure slicing might get you some but if you crafty as intended (ie...artifice/arch/treasure hunting) You will be broke in no time, and thats doing zero archealogy missions just the necessary treasure hunting missions for rares). Really badly desigtned money sink as it punishes all but the most casual crafters.

i'm about halfway done with synthweaving, for the most part it's free since i also took archeology.

i may go cybertech though, but theres plenty of people who went cybertech.

• 5 weeks later...

In posts, it seems like no one as sympathy for the sticker shock at level 25, when it's time to train for a vehicle.

"They warn you at level 20 to save money"

-- Yeah, and I saved 20,000 credits, 10x more than any other training had been, and more than twice the most expensive items I saw at that level ~8,000cr). I kind of expected training to be cheaper than vehicles, and I bought the expensive game bundle because it came with a vehicle, specifically to avoid this crap. Apparently real money is worth less than "credits."

"Money is easy to come by"

-- Are you guys crafting? To make stuff that I can use involves an insane amount of crafting (the number of rare materials is a whole other rant). The fact that everyone seems to not be spending money, possibly to save for vehicle training) may help explain why I can't sell the blues and purples that I'm crafting.

"You could have selected show-all-skills with your trainer to see the price"

-- Really? I should have assumed that my _Jedi_ trainer would be teaching me to drive a car? Silly me, I tried talking to vehicle sales guys and people around them, and saw no indication. I ended up guessing that there was a special area or mission that was available around vehicles.

"Your experience with other games should have prepped you"

-- I've played 5 MMO's and 4 of them didn't have whiles in beta or launch, and I stopped playing before they did (close to 2years with DAoC), the other wasn't good enough to play to level 35 (or wherever you had to get for mounts). Not everyone should have to have their expectations set before purchase through years of WoW play. :-P

"Vehicles are optional"

-- Point taken.

LOL your worry about 40k Credits....

You can make that from level 24-25 questing and killing stuff... very easy...

At Level 50 ... it's easy to make 10 million credits just doing dailies everyday and selling junk,......

Not sure why you complaining about this... but if this is your first toon it does become somewhat a shocker until you see what you get from quests and mobs.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

40k of credits is hard to achieve when you're level 25 unless you do absolutely no crafting or end up with some very fortunate loot drops. I wasn't able to afford 40k until level 30 which is fortunate because Aldaraan would be horrible to play due to long travelling distance. I did have to do Tatooine on foot however, which needless to say was not much fun.

ummm it DOES warn you.

at lvl 20, when you ding, a message pops up saying "Start Saving!"

its a tutorial message, not Bioware's fault if you disabled those.

and....its dirt cheap, learn to make money man.