40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

Yea the price is fine..You have to prioritize where your money is spent.

I accidentally bought a companion set thing that changes Mako's appearance for 12k (at lvl 18) and thought I was going to be screwed when I hit 25..I'm now lvl 20 and I have 28k.I had 30k before I bought it so thats like -chhchhchh chh ch- 10k in 2 lvls from quests/vendoring/light professions. So credits aren't hard to get but they aren't just handed out to ya (unless you do slicing :) )

Side note- It would be nice to get a confirmation before you buy something thats over 5k "Are you sure you want to spend xxxxx on xxxxxx?" I suffer from a small case of dyslexia and even tho I wanted to inspect the item before I bought it, I accidentally clicked the wrong button and bought it.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not.

You got a warning when you hit level 20. Unfortunately, it was a tutorial and anyone who turned off tutorials probably didn't see it.

No it's not unfortunate. I am not new to MMOs, but I am new to this game so I knew helpful tips would come up, therefore I kept the tutorial on. People who feel so confident with themselves like the OP (who I'm pretty sure is trolling since the amount is not too much at 25, and they give you warning, disproving both his terrible arguments) might get caught by surprise if they aren't willing to get convenient tips that are in the game, and which are also easy to close if they get in the way.

Yea the price is fine..You have to prioritize where your money is spent.

I accidentally bought a companion set thing that changes Mako's appearance for 12k (at lvl 18)...

...It would be nice to get a confirmation before you buy something thats over 5k "Are you sure you want to spend xxxxx on xxxxxx?" I suffer from a small case of dyslexia and even tho I wanted to inspect the item before I bought it, I accidentally clicked the wrong button and bought it.

I completely agree. I was trying to see if I could view myself on the speeder by holding shift and right clicking, but I ended up just purchasing it without warning. Fortunately it was the one I preferred anyway so it worked out for me, but no warning for large purchases (which you could turn off) would be nice, or perhaps a sellback ONLY for the most recent item you purchased (and didn't yet use). Or maybe the actual problem is an unintuitive UI.

Edited by lmpervious

WOW ! The Trolls in the Community are out in full force..

40K is cheap !?!? No Sorry.. it's not cheap and it's a pretty freaking stupid idea.

1. A speeder costs 8k , why does a license cost 5x more then a speeder ?

2. Why the F**K , does a Sith Lord care about a Driver's License !?

But more importantly...

3. Why do I need a license to drive a Speeder, but I don't need a license to fly a Space Ship !?!

Nobody thought this through... this was a rush way to add a pointless money sink and the community just laps it up, and defends the stupidity without providing any ryhmn or reason why it would make sense.

40K is cheap !?!? No Sorry.. it's not cheap and it's a pretty freaking stupid idea.

But more importantly...

3. Why do I need a license to drive a Speeder, but I don't need a license to fly a Space Ship !?!

Nobody thought this through... this was a rush way to add a pointless money sink and the community just laps it up, and defends the stupidity without providing any ryhmn or reason why it would make sense.

Balance. Thats why.

But more importantly...

Because speeders are on land-where pedestrians are walking-women, children, old people. Space is so big that you'd have to be a reallly, really bad driver to accidentally run into someone.

Plus, if you do crash in space, nobody has to clean up your mess-unlike on land where someone has to clean up your/victims body plus all the damage.

Balance. Thats why.

Balance ?

Clearly things are not balanced when a driver license cost 40k, but the vehicle is 8k.

And with your short illogical remark, I am curious to know what Balance will be thrown out of whack by lowering the price down on the driver license or removing it all together ?

Is the game going to suddenly crash ?

Is combat going to be meaningless ?

Is the Force going to explode ?

Please, enlighten me.

Edited by Darth__Carnal

Because speeders are on land-where pedestrians are walking-women, children, old people. Space is so big that you'd have to be a reallly, really bad driver to accidentally run into someone.

Plus, if you do crash in space, nobody has to clean up your mess-unlike on land where someone has to clean up your/victims body plus all the damage.

what if I crash my spaceship, while trying to land, into those pedestrians ?

I think it's a tad on the high side, but I had no trouble achieving it while leveling my crafting up to 150 in the process. Spent plenty on archaeology and treasure finding missions.

I guess I could see the training plus the speeder cost together being a bit high, because I had the pre-order speeder so I didn't have to buy one. I had 15k left after I got the training, then something like 5k after I trained my class skills. Didn't leave me with much.

Also, there's a reason why hard work to get a travel bonus ends up helping the experience.

Don't we all appreciate the moment we get to use sprint at level 14?

Or when we're finally able to use a speeder on worlds as large as Tatooine, but only after some effort?

Or, think about whenever you finally get to the taxi bot after beating (or avoiding) tons of mobs?

Imagine how unrewarding these experiences would feel if they were handed out at the beginning, or were available for a much cheaper price.

what if I crash my spaceship, while trying to land, into those pedestrians ?

If I remember right from the Star Wars movies, you dont actually land most of the time. Doesn't the landing dock take over your spaceship and bring it in for you?

If I remember right from the Star Wars movies, you dont actually land most of the time. Doesn't the landing dock take over your spaceship and bring it in for you?

they can tow you in with tractor beams in large stations and whatnot if they have them but that is usually if they are forcing you down... but most landing is done by the pilot via repulsorlifts... tho I'm sure most modern or large ones would have precautions (tractor tugs, shielding and such)... remember these people have been using faster than light travel for over 20,000 years at the point of this game... they look at as everyday as we look at driving a car... I could see some drunk pilot wiping out and crashing into the city coming in to someplace like Mos Eisley where the spaceport literally has dirt floors

Edited by Liquidacid

and still your fault for the simple fact that, after a certain quest it tells you to start saving for a mount their costly. it does Not say buy all bag space like douche and then complain on forums.. oh wait they did say that and you still did this..

I make 3000 credits per PVP match. PVP matches are generally 15 minutes each. That's 12,000 credits an hour.

I make 3000 - 4000 credits per space mission daily.

In between PVP matches I'm doing missions which give pretty decent credits.

40k is obtained easily within a matter of hours.

I fail to see how it is an outrage that spending a handful of hours will net you 40k.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

Well, thanks for telling me, now I will not spend a dime on anything else until I hit 25 and buy this :D.

And it's not that expensive I already have 10K at lvl 15, I should have 40k at lvl 25 by selling better stuff and having more treasure hunting skills.

Thanks for the tip