Scouts are so much more fun than Strike Fighters

Kuratla

Personally I prefer Strike fighters, though I admit this is in large part due to my infatuation with the X-wing (woof!).

Yet, I have to say that I'm having great success with my Pike and Star Guard, despite their being less specialized. I find that focusing less on dueling and more on supporting work (such engaging targets who are focused on another) is quite effective, while at the same time the added durability of the strikes allows me to survive some nasty focused fire.

That said, it is true that a good gunship or scout pilot will frequently surpass my damage numbers, owing to their better specialized roles, and no doubt the "burst" nature of their damage output (with railguns and burst lasers). I do, however, tend to die less often.

Regardless, I am loving strike fighters, and look forward to new game modes and roles that may make their versatility more significant (for example, a mode that requires attacking hardened target will make strike fighters more useful).

Thank you.

I played 230 matches on my strike before switching to my scout and let me tell you, having to switch back for 20 matches to finish off the 250 strike match achievement was an utter annoyance. Once you switch from a strike fighter to a scout it's hard to go back. They just feel so sluggish and unresponsive. Once a good scout gets on your tail it's just "why am I playing this strike again?"

Ironically i went the other way. I mastered a flashfire then switched to strikes. First the Pike (got board with missiles) and am now working on mastering a starguard. I find it to be much more interesting to pilot.

The scout is just overall better. Better turning, Way Better burst and Way better survivability.

I have my rycer almost maxed yet I'm having more fun on the sting leveling it up than my rycer. The common misconception is that strike fighters are tankier ships than scouts.. that's not the case when my sting have only 150 health less than my upgraded rycer! Shields don't mean jack these days when everyone can just bypass them, have innate 100% shield bypass etc.

I would love to go back to my rycer (or to my missile boat) but right now they can't stand up to the power that is the sting

I have my rycer almost maxed yet I'm having more fun on the sting leveling it up than my rycer. The common misconception is that strike fighters are tankier ships than scouts.. that's not the case when my sting have only 150 health less than my upgraded rycer!

dont know about you but my pike has 35% damage reduction through armor

the Thing is you can go from distance combat to Close range fighting at any time with the pike

you cant turn as fast as a Scout but you can always boost away, turn and lock your Missile

you really have to think how to fit the pike, there are often only one component or crewmember in each category

that will decide over your usefulness