Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am sick of all this half naked sexualized crap.

Not at all because it bothers me, I am just sick of seeing men in bikinis running around talking about their "lifestyle choices" and advertizing "ERP" rather than playing the damn game

Most of the bikini armors can't be equipped on male toons. As for their "talking about their 'lifestyle choices' and advertising 'ERP' rather than playing the damn game", that's what ignore is for. BTW, what is "ERP"? All I've gotten from a search is "Enterprise Research Planning" or "European Recycling Platform"

I say take the romance crap straight out of the game, that i snot what star wars is about, and if that is actually why you are a star wars fan, you need your head examined.

(I've only watched the movies):confused: Did I watch a completely different set of movies with the same name? Romance was all over the movies, why doesn't it belong in the game?

Go rent an adult video and keep it out of my video gaming.

Nothing at all is seen in the game but kissing, rest is implied.

I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it.

... Wall of text...

guilds are in broad agreement with me on this. We have a lot of couples and families in our organization. Our organization is a family-friendly organization and we will not support any game that is not family-friendly.

Ned Flanders plays Old Republic?

Edited by kimdante

Most of the bikini armors can't be equipped on male toons. As for their "talking about their 'lifestyle choices' and advertising 'ERP' rather than playing the damn game", that's what ignore is for. BTW, what is "ERP"? All I've gotten from a search is "Enterprise Research Planning" or "European Recycling Platform"

(I've only watched the movies):confused: Did I watch a completely different set of movies with the same name? Romance was all over the movies, why doesn't it belong in the game?

Nothing at all is seen in the game but kissing, rest is implied.

god i hate it when peeps snip apart a post then reply in segments, because I am way too lazy to reply in kind.

By bikinis on male toons, I did not literally mean a bikini, but one of the many outfits no male in the star wars universe would be caught dead wearing.

I know what the ignore button does, thanks lol.

Were we watching the same movies? I don't remember a pile of over-sex at all.

There was a slave girl outfit in a scene with jabba, han solo tried to gain affections from a princess who wanted none, till caving for 2 seconds.

Anakin, ontop from the loss of his mother, completed his fall to the darkside by becoming romantic with another princess who later dies after he kisses once, then becomes darth vader and force chokes himself some followers.

Where did you get the sexual abundance from?

Was there a scene of luke in a thong playing with his sisters **** that I missed?

ERP = Erotic Roleplay, and don't pretend you haven't encountered it on your server.

Stop being PC as well, you know damn well this game is about flailing lightsabers, smuggling stolen cargo and a big freaking war between two intergalactic factions, and not about peoples perversions.

I do digress however, because trying to explain why Starwars should not be perverted to this crowd is moot.

Would you like throat slitting and eye gouging in your repressed softcore romantic drama?

Thought not.

I don't want to flail my lightsaber at a man in tights with no shirt on holding hands with a wookie and french kissing an asexual droid.

I think I need to go play some mortal kombat.

I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it. This may sound a bit coarse but I did not bring the coarseness into this game, you did BioWare. If I wanted to see that crap in an mmo, I would play an adult mmo where you could have your every sick, twisted fantasy fulfilled. I lead a family friendly guild. There is nothing family friendly about sleaze wars.

For the record, I dont have a problem with the following game content or features:

Same sex companion/master relationships.

Skimpy costume wearing club dancers or even club dancer costumes as long as those costumes look like star wars costumes from the star wars canon.

I do have a problem with sleazy elements from pop culture being injected into SWTOR including big hair, jog bras, tube tops, string bikinis etc. I am not interested in playing some cheezy, teasing adult MMO. Those elements just demean a great game and canon. I want EA/BW to show some respect for the game.

To make matters worse, I play on an RP server. I am a rolepolayer, I lead an rp guild. You are turning the game into a joke with this Sleaze wars crap. Half-naked club dancers I can understand but jog-bras on jedi and sith? Seriously? Please remove this crap from the game or at the very least RP servers. I am a star wars fanatic but I am no prude. I have read all of the novels and graphic novels on ToR. There is nothing canon about Breasts butts, big hair, string bikinis and lightsabres.

You are going to lose a lot of good paying customers over this BioWare, me and my guild for starters. Enough of this crap, do something about this BW. We have a profanity filter, how about a sleaze filter? Make it client only, allow us to freaking turn it off or something. And please, please remove sleaze-wars from RP servers.

For the record, I am not alone in these sentiments. I lead a multi-gaming community with over 2,000 members in WoW, Guild Wars 2, PlanetSide 2 and SWTOR. The leaders and officers of our guilds are in broad agreement with me on this. We have a lot of couples and families in our organization. Our organization is a family-friendly organization and we will not support any game that is not family-friendly.[/quote

your gf has bigger problems than pixel chicks. maybe you should wait till you are older and you will understand it.

god i hate it when peeps snip apart a post then reply in segments, because I am way too lazy to reply in kind.

By bikinis on male toons, I did not literally mean a bikini, but one of the many outfits no male in the star wars universe would be caught dead wearing.

There was a slave girl outfit in a scene with jabba, han solo tried to gain affections from a princess who wanted none, till caving for 2 seconds.

Anakin, ontop from the loss of his mother, completed his fall to the darkside by becoming romantic with another princess who later dies after he kisses once, then becomes darth vader and force chokes himself some followers.

Was there a scene of luke in a thong playing with his sisters **** that I missed?

ERP = Erotic Roleplay, and don't pretend you haven't encountered it on your server.

Stop being PC as well, you know damn well this game is about flailing lightsabers, smuggling stolen cargo and a big freaking war between two intergalactic factions, and not about peoples perversions.

I do digress however, because trying to explain why Starwars should not be perverted to this crowd is moot.

Would you like throat slitting and eye gouging in your repressed softcore romantic drama?

Thought not.

I don't want to flail my lightsaber at a man in tights with no shirt on holding hands with a wookie and french kissing an asexual droid.

This discussion was never about ERP though - it was about revealing clothes on female toons. The clear impression that I, as a woman got from the OP was that the very fact that some female toons had long/big hair, a butt, and breasts made them *****. It was also shown again and again that some characters were depicted wearing revealing clothes in Star Wars at some point, whether it was in one of the films or in another medium. So it wasn't completely un-Star Wars for some outfits to appear in the game.

Were we watching the same movies?

We have both Han and Luke showing interest towards Leia, Han actively hitting on her, Luke more like admiring her quietly until finding out she's his sister. Then, at the end of Empire Strikes Back, Leia finally confesses her feelings towards Han. At RotJ, we have half-naked dancers, half-naked Leia, Leia rushing to rescue her loved one, Han not knowing that Luke is Leia's sister and therefor being jealous when Leia's worried about Luke...

And then we have our sweet Anakin. He falls in love with a beautiful, young woman when he's still a child, then meets this woman later when they are both all grown-up and not only has he not lost his love towards this woman, but that woman also has feelings towards him. But since Anakin's a jedi, this love is forbidden, which just makes it even more romantic. They secretly get married, and Padmé get pregnant. Unfortunately, their happiness is distrubted by Anakin's terrible visions of Padmé dying, which leads to him determined to find a way to save his love, even if it meant the dark side. However, Padmé sees Anakin as a monster now, and in a burst of anger Anakin strangles her, hurting her but not killing her. After giving birth to their twins, Padmé dies because she "doesn't want to live anymore" (probably because her love became something she can't love anymore, though the Republic turning into the Empire doesn't help either) but until the end, she still insist that there must still be some good in Anakin. And when Anakin/Darth Vader finds out that he killed his wife, he's completely heartbroken.

And yes, we actually were watching the same movies. However, I was a young girl watching these movies, thinking how cute Anakin and Padmé are when they're in love (never cared much about Han and Leia, I hated Han when I was younger, I found him annoying). You most lively were something else when you saw the movies the first time, and you paid attention to different kind of details.

EDIT:// Oh, and I've never seen any ERP in my server.

Edited by Seireeni

Were we watching the same movies?

We have both Han and Luke showing interest towards Leia, Han actively hitting on her, Luke more like admiring her quietly until finding out she's his sister. Then, at the end of Empire Strikes Back, Leia finally confesses her feelings towards Han. At RotJ, we have half-naked dancers, half-naked Leia, Leia rushing to rescue her loved one, Han not knowing that Luke is Leia's sister and therefor being jealous when Leia's worried about Luke...

And then we have our sweet Anakin. He falls in love with a beautiful, young woman when he's still a child, then meets this woman later when they are both all grown-up and not only has he not lost his love towards this woman, but that woman also has feelings towards him. But since Anakin's a jedi, this love is forbidden, which just makes it even more romantic. They secretly get married, and Padmé get pregnant. Unfortunately, their happiness is distrubted by Anakin's terrible visions of Padmé dying, which leads to him determined to find a way to save his love, even if it meant the dark side. However, Padmé sees Anakin as a monster now, and in a burst of anger Anakin strangles her, hurting her but not killing her. After giving birth to their twins, Padmé dies because she "doesn't want to live anymore" (probably because her love became something she can't love anymore, though the Republic turning into the Empire doesn't help either) but until the end, she still insist that there must still be some good in Anakin. And when Anakin/Darth Vader finds out that he killed his wife, he's completely heartbroken.

And yes, we actually were watching the same movies. However, I was a young girl watching these movies, thinking how cute Anakin and Padmé are when they're in love (never cared much about Han and Leia, I hated Han when I was younger, I found him annoying). You most lively were something else when you saw the movies the first time, and you paid attention to different kind of details.

EDIT:// Oh, and I've never seen any ERP in my server.

LOL you make it sound like that was the focus of the plot!!!

Those were tiny little pieces of the movies, certainly not the bulk, and hardly justifies sexualization of the brand, as I said moot so I dont know why I reply, other than to say, I was a young boy, and I watched it with my young sister.

Neither of us thought it was a romance, both of us thought it was a "fighting movie in space from the future".

If you thought starwars was a romance, perhaps you have been reading too much twilight lately and need to go re-watch the trilogy.

I am also willing to bet you think Jar-jar was awesome and didn't get enough screen time too right?

;)

This discussion was never about ERP though - it was about revealing clothes on female toons. The clear impression that I, as a woman got from the OP was that the very fact that some female toons had long/big hair, a butt, and breasts made them *****. It was also shown again and again that some characters were depicted wearing revealing clothes in Star Wars at some point, whether it was in one of the films or in another medium. So it wasn't completely un-Star Wars for some outfits to appear in the game.

Well with you I agree.

Big hair, and butts should be ok on men too, it happens, the *****, well girls have those so yeh.

My problem is with sleazing up the game to cater to dregs, but you are correct, and perhaps that was not the actual topic at hand here.

Those were tiny little pieces of the movies, certainly not the bulk, and hardly justifies sexualization of the brand, as I said moot so I dont know why I reply, other than to say, I was a young boy, and I watched it with my young sister.

Neither of us thought it was a romance, both of us thought it was a "fighting movie in space from the future".

If you thought starwars was a romance, perhaps you have been reading too much twilight lately and need to go re-watch the trilogy.

I am also willing to bet you think Jar-jar was awesome and didn't get enough screen time too right?

;)

Well my cousins 8 year old saw Clerks II with me and thought it was mostly about two guys goofing off at a fast food restaurant...

But that movie is 90% about sex in the dialogue.

When you watch something as a kid, your viewpoint is different.

For example, the same kid watched me play SW:TOR.

Went through fleet a couple of times, saw a dozen or so scantily clad ladies (and men) and not once did she comment on it, hell I don't even think it registered in her head that they were dressed like "*****".

Because she is a kid, and those kind of notions are not even in her world view.

For what it's worth, I agree with OP to some degree, though I don't share his reasons for not wanting too much sleaze as he put it in this game. I enjoy looking at half naked girls like the next guy and agree that the such outfits are indeed canon, but it should rather be an exception than the rule.

The problem for me starts, and I don't think it has actually gotten so bad, yet, at least not on my server, when every second or so female character is dressed like this. It just damages my immersion or suspension of disbelieve to some extent, because it generally makes no sense to me to run around in underwear on a battlefield or on Hoth or Ilum for that matter.

That said, I realize that it's not up to me to decide how other people dress their chars and I don't think BW should act upon my personal misgivings.

I agree with this post 100%

Exactly, this. Well said :rak_03:

/scratchHead

Wait what? In the OP you said pretty much the opposite of what he said, he says we should just accept that people are gonna wear what they want, you said BW should prevent people from wearing it at all.

I still have to question the morality of a person who comes here complaining that there's too much skin in a game where murder and torture are commonplace. What happened to our society that we find seeing a sexy woman worse than someone torturing someone?

Cause honestly, I don't see any complaints about that. And really there aren't that many people running around like that. If that's all you see then that's something with you. Apparently you are so focused on not being allowed to see it that you can't help but see it every time and it's engraved in your memory. Sounds more like a personal problem to me.

This actually made me laugh out loud. Seriously this post makes more sense than most of the other posts in here, and about a billion times more than the OP.

I am not quite sure where the OP draws the line here. While I partially agree that it is sometimes tasteless (but not that it should be removed) I wonder where a "jog bra" starts for him. Aayla Secura wears little more than a sports bustier as a top and even Satele Shan's costume has some attitude. Which is, as far as I am concerned, perfectly alright for a dynamic, feminine character and doesn't make them appear any less serious as far as I am concerned.

So, as an example, would you (i.e. Samaul, the OP) take offence in my Jedi Knight's look? (The mismatched lightsaber colors and the clumsy gloves and belt are a problem I am going to address soon™, it's not where I want it, but I think it's close enough for the argument).

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/4506/ep3s.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/723/qn5w.png

On a side note: I'd very much like more character customization options and particularly, more body types. Alas, as far as I know, the given game engine makes it difficult without redesigning every piece of equipment and every single animation.

As far as I am concerned, any player can do whatever they want with their own character. It just annoys the hell out of me when they drag a Kira in dancer outfit along on Carrick Station. She's a full blown jedi knight, for frak's sake, not just some pet for personal entertainment in the publicity of a battle station where the war effort is coordinated.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Sorry, makes it easier to keep up with the points I'm making, hopefully making it easier for those reading my posts to follow my points :p

Well, while this may be a Star Wars inspired game, it's still at the mercy of its player base, and if there's players that want to make their toons look absurd, that's how it's gonna be. If EA/BioW didn't want that to happen, and wanted to have a strictly canon game, they wouldn't have made them. So technically no one's really doing anything wrong there. It's personal preference.

You're welcome, so start using it when you read people ERP'ing and other stuff you don't like to read. Unfortunately nothing you can do about the toons you see though:rolleyes:

Well, considering the tone of the rest of your post, I didn't know you were using romance as a euphamism for sexualization and eroticism :confused:

Wasn't going to, just didn't know what ERP stood for LOL I have encountered it, and while it's been a mild annoyance, it hasn't been prevalent. Most I see are people joking around with others, making lewd jokes and what not, but only a small handful of actual ERP instances. Those I just put the people on ignore, turned gen chat off for a bit, and/or just left the zone.

Where was I being PC? If I was being PC, I'd be right on board with you and wanting to get rid of "people's perversions" in the game :p

It's not Star Wars that's being perverted though, it's the player base.

Thought not.

Well, that would depend on the over all story line :D But since the game does have romantic aspects in it, and plenty of bare skin, I'm really not seeing why players extending it to their own gameplay experience is bad/going against the game.

I've never actually seen someone holding hands with another char/NPC and kissing anyone(let alone an asexual droid, and why would you be kissing something that's asexual?) when I'm fighting them:confused: Unless you're using "flail my lightsaber" as another euphamism, and if so why are you doing that to a video game you are supposedly trying to play:eek:

Have fun :D

iirc, and I think I do since I just played Mortal Kombat with my son last week, ( I have an impressive collection of old school videogame consoles) there is way more skin on both male and female characters in that game than this one.

as for ERP, I have honestly never seen it, ever. The only issue I really have is that as a guy who likes to play female toons wearing little clothing is that I get hit on all the time, then I get to have that awkward I'm a guy talk. My wife also plays and she dresses her toons skimpy too, and she just tells everyone she's a guy to shut that down real quick, I always laugh when I see that come over chat.

;)

You missed my point. I don't think Star Wars are romance movies. They are "space movies" that have romance in it. How much that romance affects the movies is up to one's interpretation. (I.e., is Anakin's love to Padmé the "final straw" or the main reason why he turns to dark side?) But there certainly is a lot of romance, and especially Anakin/Padmé-romance is very important to the plot.

This is also how romance (and sexuality) works in SWTOR imo. There is romance (and sexuality), how much of it is up to one's choices. You can decide not to pick [flirt]s, ignore people doing ERP and think everyone who wears skimpy outfits has some justified RP-wise reason for wearing that. Or you can [flirt] anytime you can, do ERP yourself and spend hours on GTN making sure you are wearing the smallest version of bikinis you possibly can. Or you can do something between these.

as for ERP, I have honestly never seen it, ever. The only issue I really have is that as a guy who likes to play female toons wearing little clothing is that I get hit on all the time, then I get to have that awkward I'm a guy talk. My wife also plays and she dresses her toons skimpy too, and she just tells everyone she's a guy to shut that down real quick, I always laugh when I see that come over chat.

Yea, I've tried just telling them the truth, I'm married, but it does not slow those jackwagons down LOL Now I just ignore them, or if I'm the kind of mood to just mess with them I'll tell them I'm a guy. Had one rage at me for a while for being a cross dressing degenerate :eek: