Assassin vs Guardian

The_Unfathomed

So I love my assassin in PvP. I feel pretty strong and useful - win most 1v1 and nodes rarely get capped on my watch. I've been wanting to try the dirty Republic side of the game since I've played Imperial exclusively up until now. Is guardian worth my time?

PvP is my main concern hence the forum I posted in. I don't plan on doing or caring about raids, so dps doesn't matter. will I get a good PvP experience on a guardian? already have a lolmara and that's whatever, can kill whoever but I feel lame with muh duwal saybears.

I do enjoy my guardian in pvp. Runing vig specc (single target dps) in tank stance. Kan throw out some ok dmg AND keep a healer/friend alive with good defensive skills even as dps. Its a good class in most situations and as a pvp player you maybe gonna enjoy the challenge. Its a fun "all round" playstyle imo and not just "one way direction" playstyle as most other classes. Killing ppl and defending ppl at the same time is always a challenge.

I say YES roll a dirty republic knight :)

You definitely will have to fall in love with the class to sustain it. This fact is why people are so strong and vehement about the class' performance. Many of us won't give up the fight to overcome the concerns of the class and will keep fighting to see improvements.

Assassins specced properly as tank hybrid, equipped with blended dps gear, will hit like vengeance can, yet retain the survivability of an Immortal jug. Hands down, in pvp, assassins have a better blend of survivability and damage potential.

So I love my assassin in PvP. I feel pretty strong and useful - win most 1v1 and nodes rarely get capped on my watch. I've been wanting to try the dirty Republic side of the game since I've played Imperial exclusively up until now. Is guardian worth my time?

PvP is my main concern hence the forum I posted in. I don't plan on doing or caring about raids, so dps doesn't matter. will I get a good PvP experience on a guardian? already have a lolmara and that's whatever, can kill whoever but I feel lame with muh duwal saybears.

As much as I love vengeance spec I can't recommend guardians for dps in pvp (tanking is a different story, though currently in ranked they don't do so hot compared to the hybrid PT and assassin tanks running around). If you want to do melee dps, stick with your marauder or roll a VG/PT. Aside from saber reflect, guardian DCD's are complete garbage and you will feel squishy and completely hate life. Marauders do smash better and the root in vengeance, while nice to have, doesn't really fix the overall issues with the spec in pvp. Its just not worth it...