Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Fantasy 2.5.X Patch Notes

ViciousFett

Game Update 2.5.X Patch Notes

Highlights

• Several changes made to the Group Finder System.

Group Finder

• All Operations added to the Group finder window.
  • 16 Man operations are now an option.
  • Group Finder Certification system added. *see below
  • All HM Flashpoints now available to Level 55 characters.
  • New Daily Group Finder Rewards added.

New Operations added to Group Finder

• Eternity Vault Hard Mode 8/16
  • Karagga’s Palace Hard Mode 8/16
  • Explosive Conflict Hard Mode 8/16
  • Terror From Beyond Story Mode 16
  • Scum and Villainy Story Mode 16
  • Dread Fortress Story Mode 8/16
  • Dread Palace Story Mode 8/16
  • Torrobo’s Courtyard Story Mode 8/16

Group Finder Certification System

• By default players will not be allowed to queue for operations until they have fully completed that operation once outside of Group Finder.
  • A new section in the Achievements window will show what operations you are certified to queue for.
  • This will prevent inexperienced players from using the Group Finder window without prior knowledge or proper gear.

New Group Finder Daily and Weekly Rewards.

• Upon completing Group Finder Flashpoints and operations you will receive Finder tokens that can be used at the “Finder” vendor on Fleet.
  • Items on the Finder vendor include crafting components and recipes for Rakata gear (Armormech/Synthweaving), as well as new color crystals(Artifice), Vehicle mounts(Cybertech), Beast mounts(Biochem), and Vibroswords/Vibrostaves(Armstech).

Miscellaneous

• Upon releasing inside an operation started through Group Finder you will now be placed at the Operation’s entrance, instead of where you accepted the queue.
  • Appointed Operation leaders are now able to invite anyone to the Operation after a players has left, and an open spot is available.

Edited by ViciousFett

Where did you find those? O.o

It's a "Fantasy 2.5.X Patch Notes" so the OP found them in their imagination, they are nice, but some of the points would never come to pass, for example the certification part, there are strict rules for nondiscrimination in a content so no snowball chance on Tatooin that they would bar people from using GF for ops before they compete the ops normally.

It's a "Fantasy 2.5.X Patch Notes" so the OP found them in their imagination, they are nice, but some of the points would never come to pass, for example the certification part, there are strict rules for nondiscrimination in a content so no snowball chance on Tatooin that they would bar people from using GF for ops before they compete the ops normally.

I don't think it's that unrealistic. I've played other MMOs that require certification for each tier of raiding.

"Lifetime membership at $150 avail on top of our current subscription plan. Lifetime member receive an additional 200 cc which bring to total 700 cc complimentary stipend every month for the lifetime of the game."

Now this is my fantasy patch notes. It needs not much technical implementation. It just a matter of commercial decision. Hope this can be realized in the near future. Not when the game is dying and no one is playing anymore.

Edited by Einobi

I don't think it's that unrealistic. I've played other MMOs that require certification for each tier of raiding.

It's Bio "Family Friendly" Ware and it's master E "Casual Friendly" A we are talking about, not that it's a bad thing.

About lifetime sub - yes please!

I really like it, apart from the certification system. A well-geared person with a lot of ops experience who has read Dulfy would be very welcome in any operation, even if they haven't done it before. It's a pug, you are always gonna risk inexperienced players.

And they could have done it once outside GF because they were carried by their guild.

But I would love to see these options added to GF, I am so sick of LFG-ing for them.

And to add my own fantasy notes...

Achievements

- Kath Hounds are now roaming the glaciers of Ilum, allowing the "Beastmaster" title to be obtained

- Killing the Rogue Cartel Warbot on Quesh now correctly grants the achievement, allowing the "Big Game Hunter" title to be obtained

- Defeating the Pylons, Infernal Council and Soa on 8M NiM EV now correctly grants the related achievements

- The Data Mining achievement has now been unhidden, allowing players to see their progress on it

I'll be honest, I think locking players out of certain content because they're "under geared", or they haven't done the content at least once already is very elitist. It's a game.

You clearly haven't been in many pugs with complete noobs. They're pretty much the bane of group finder in it's current state. And to make things worse, group finder groups never have vent/mumble going to teach them.

It's not like this system would lock out good players for long, most of us would be fully certed within the first week.

Edited by ViciousFett

Game Update 2.5.X Patch Notes

Highlights

• Several changes made to the Group Finder System.

Group Finder

• All Operations added to the Group finder window.
  • 16 Man operations are now an option. <agreed>
  • Group Finder Certification system added. *see below <disagree>
  • All HM Flashpoints now available to Level 55 characters. <agreed>
  • New Daily Group Finder Rewards added. <agreed>

Group Finder Certification System

• By default players will not be allowed to queue for operations until they have fully completed that operation once outside of Group Finder. <disagree> lame
  • A new section in the Achievements window will show what operations you are certified to queue for.
  • This will prevent inexperienced players from using the Group Finder window without prior knowledge or proper gear. <disagree> some of the lvl 50 Ops .. just carry people .. they are way too easy same with the 55s

New Group Finder Daily and Weekly Rewards.

• Upon completing Group Finder Flashpoints and operations you will receive Finder tokens that can be used at the “Finder” vendor on Fleet. <agreed>
  • Items on the Finder vendor include crafting components and recipes for Rakata gear (Armormech/Synthweaving), as well as new color crystals(Artifice), Vehicle mounts(Cybertech), Beast mounts(Biochem), and Vibroswords/Vibrostaves(Armstech). <agreed>

Miscellaneous

• Upon releasing inside an operation started through Group Finder you will now be placed at the Operation’s entrance, instead of where you accepted the queue. <disagree> I would rage if they changed this .. seriously .. just click the GF button again .. you will port in again ... derp??
  • Appointed Operation leaders are now able to invite anyone to the Operation after a players has left, and an open spot is available. <agreed>

My thoughts

You clearly haven't been in many pugs with complete noobs. They're pretty much the bane of group finder in it's current state. And to make things worse, group finder groups never have vent/mumble going to teach them.

It's not like this system would lock out good players for long, most of us would be fully certed within the first week.

I am one of the complete noobs. I don't actually do ops etc, but if I wanted to try, eventually, I would hope that I would be able to have a go at them without being locked out for not having quite the right gear, or having never run a particular op before. How are me and others meant to learn without attempting it? To me, it's like an adult telling a child " I'm sorry but you can't get on that bike until you've learnt to ride it" - they can't learn without actually attempting to ride it. All it takes one person to take the time to give someone else pointers about how to play, instead of saying "I'm sorry, you're not qualified to play with us".

In the end, it's a game that's meant to be fun. Nobody should have to take an entrance exam to access part of it,especially if they're already paying for it.

I am one of the complete noobs. I don't actually do ops etc, but if I wanted to try, eventually, I would hope that I would be able to have a go at them without being locked out for not having quite the right gear, or having never run a particular op before. How are me and others meant to learn without attempting it? To me, it's like an adult telling a child " I'm sorry but you can't get on that bike until you've learnt to ride it" - they can't learn without actually attempting to ride it. All it takes one person to take the time to give someone else pointers about how to play, instead of saying "I'm sorry, you're not qualified to play with us".

In the end, it's a game that's meant to be fun. Nobody should have to take an entrance exam to access part of it,especially if they're already paying for it.

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but no, Group Finder is not the place to learn the strategies for operations. Joining a guild and running them with people that have a vested interest in teaching you (with some kind of voice communication program like Ventrillo or Mumble) is the way to learn.

I see a lot of you are disagreeing with my certification idea, and I can see how it might seem elitist, but I really wonder how many of you are serious raiders, and how many just want to be carried.

So basically the OP isn't satisfied with the way the groupfinder is right now and instead of making a thread on that, he makes a pseudo patch thread that the Devs will most likely miss.

Great work :)

Thought I'd be constructive and give some ideas. Works better than just going around and crapping on other peoples posts...

Great troll (*'_')b

Miscellaneous

Upon releasing inside an operation started through Group Finder you will now be placed at the Operation’s entrance, instead of where you accepted the queue.

Appointed Operation leaders are now able to invite anyone to the Operation after a players has left, and an open spot is available.

Just no.

First point is useless. Second point will open a lot of place for abuse.

Thought I'd be constructive and give some ideas. Works better than just going around and crapping on other peoples posts...

Great troll (*'_')b

Well, mentioning group finder in your title would make it slightly more likely that the devs look at your post.

I mean, it's well and all that we the players look, but we are not the ones making the game...

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but no, Group Finder is not the place to learn the strategies for operations. Joining a guild and running them with people that have a vested interest in teaching you (with some kind of voice communication program like Ventrillo or Mumble) is the way to learn.

I see a lot of you are disagreeing with my certification idea, and I can see how it might seem elitist, but I really wonder how many of you are serious raiders, and how many just want to be carried.

Then there's this casual players-group, who don't mind pulling their own weight, but have no interest in joining a "raiding guild" just to complete an operation once a month, especially if they already are in a guild and are happy with that guild.

But if your opinion is that only "serious raiders" should do any ops at all, then this probably does sound good for you. I get it - there are also pvp people who think only hardcore pvpers should pvp. I don't agree with them either, and I don't agree with you.

Imo in order to encourage doing ops, joining your first ops should be as easy as possible. Gear check would actually make this easier (so you don't accidentally join an ops undergeared). Having to spam "LFG (Operation name here)" in the chat or making your own group? It would be a lot harder than just clicking the group finder button.

You see, if I ever get to the point that I take this game that "seriously" that I think it's a good idea to lock other players out of content because they haven't got as much knowledge or experience as me, or aren't "serious" raiders, is the day I unsub and go and find another hobby.

How about you "serious raiders" stick to your own special guilds, and don't use Group Finder - that way you don't have to deal with the rest of the player base?

Disclaimer: I don't want to stop "serious raiders" from using Group Finder either, but you have to accept that you may have to deal with inexperienced players when using it. You don't get to lock them out of content for your convenience.

Then maybe you should ask for a in game voice chat system.

Edited by kidatwood

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.