Sting : Distortion Field Missile Lock Breaker is bugged, does not break missile locks

Korbanth

Anyone else having trouble with this? I've tried using it both when I hear the missile lock on me, and when a missile is unloaded and chasing me, and nothing happens. I have Distortion field mastered.

go to components>distortion shield

Make sure you have the break missile lock ability checked instead of the extra 3 sec duration

• 5 weeks later...
I am using the S-13 Sting. Tier 4 Distortion Field and it does NOT break all missle locks. I am constantly being targetted and nearly 1 shotted by other Scouts. Now either it's bugged, broke or they're cheating. Because the same thing happens when I use Barrel Roll. They still manage to 1 shot me with missles, while I'm in the middle of said roll.

People need to stop calling out one shots. 880 damage cluster missiles in no way one shot anyone, and rocket pods do even less.

That said, double volley appears to be bugged in that only one volley can be evaded (via distortion field or engine abilities). If you're at low hull, that can pierce your shields and kill you. (It's in no way a one shot, though.)

the one chasing you, is only herding you, so one of their buddies can get a clear shot at you, they're prolly both locking you from different angles... of course they should still look into it to make sure it's not a bug and you were just being herded into a trap of multiple lockons...if it is a bug, i hope it gets fixed fast, i was noticing an overabundance of lockons on my tail today or i've become a KOS Target...

People need to stop calling out one shots. 880 damage cluster missiles in no way one shot anyone, and rocket pods do even less.

Indeed a one shot is when you go from full health + full shields to dead in a single hit, not "have taken damage and then died after taking more damage." The latter is simply a kill shot and totally balanced.

Indeed a one shot is when you go from full health + full shields to dead in a single hit, not "have taken damage and then died after taking more damage." The latter is simply a kill shot and totally balanced.

I believe I've on shot scouts with a crit from a proton torpedo. The strange thing is in advanced tooltips it says 0% chance but I swear I've done it twice.

I believe I've on shot scouts with a crit from a proton torpedo. The strange thing is in advanced tooltips it says 0% chance but I swear I've done it twice.

Proton Torpedoes acquire 10% crit chance at their 2nd tier of upgrades.

As for the OP, I've managed to pull off Distortion Field fine on my NovaDive, but still receive the animation error like others are saying. Perhaps it could be latency? Mines around 200-250 ms.

Proton Torpedoes acquire 10% crit chance at their 2nd tier of upgrades.

As for the OP, I've managed to pull off Distortion Field fine on my NovaDive, but still receive the animation error like others are saying. Perhaps it could be latency? Mines around 200-250 ms.

Talk about a nice "hidden" bonus. Going to look at the expanded tooltips again now.

Interesting. Between the tiny firing arc, long lock on time, and requirement for a crit it sounds like you need all the stars to be perfectly aligned to 1 shot scouts with torps.

10% crit rate iirc. (I am assuming that you hit for it to be a "one shot") Though some copilot skills make your weapons hit a bit harder. I wonder if bypass (36% shield piercing) stacks erroneously with the 100% shield piercing on a torpedo giving it more damage to the hull?

Interesting. Between the tiny firing arc, long lock on time, and requirement for a crit it sounds like you need all the stars to be perfectly aligned to 1 shot scouts with torps.

when i find an opponent is trying to target me with long lock-on missiles, i tend to let him fire then barrel roll away.

i'm glad the Republic can't send me a bill for all the wasted ordinance that's been flipped my way :D

when i find an opponent is trying to target me with long lock-on missiles, i tend to let him fire then barrel roll away.

i'm glad the Republic can't send me a bill for all the wasted ordinance that's been flipped my way :D

Ya and people like you are why I fly a Pike...... roll out of the first missile, begin locking second missile now that I know your roll is on CD :D.

10% crit rate iirc. (I am assuming that you hit for it to be a "one shot") Though some copilot skills make your weapons hit a bit harder. I wonder if bypass (36% shield piercing) stacks erroneously with the 100% shield piercing on a torpedo giving it more damage to the hull?

nope 100% is 100% it wont increase damage done.

You can oneshot Gunships with protorp, did it yesterday on a geared one :D Was glorious, to say the least.

(Read: Said GS had full health, can't remember if the shields were full, but that doesn't matter, as protorp ignores them)

You can oneshot Gunships with protorp, did it yesterday on a geared one :D Was glorious, to say the least.

(Read: Said GS had full health, can't remember if the shields were full, but that doesn't matter, as protorp ignores them)

Prob a player who specced for armour or shields and not evasion.

Prob a player who specced for armour or shields and not evasion.

Well, evasion doesn't evade a protorp, mind you that. Once a missle is fired, only the DF final tier (which doesn't work, as it's broken) and an evasive manuever works

Hmm I hope this is not bugged as I just finally unlocked it for my Nova.

As for one shots, I have had times where I would be flying around killing things, and have taken zero damage so far in the match, and then suddenly die instantly to another player. It was a gunship though, not a missile.

And while this is annoying, I'm mostly OK with it. Because when a gunship hits me and its not a one shot? I press R and then they are a free kill for me.

Hmm I hope this is not bugged as I just finally unlocked it for my Nova.

As for one shots, I have had times where I would be flying around killing things, and have taken zero damage so far in the match, and then suddenly die instantly to another player. It was a gunship though, not a missile.

And while this is annoying, I'm mostly OK with it. Because when a gunship hits me and its not a one shot? I press R and then they are a free kill for me.

it is bugged. The missile break does not work and afaik never have. I just use it because i like being 100% avoidance capped for the duration.

it is bugged. The missile break does not work and afaik never have. I just use it because i like being 100% avoidance capped for the duration.

It definitely worked before the patch (except against double volley, but nothing works against double volley except maybe distortion field + engine button at the same time, which isn't... practical), but I'm not sure about post-patch. I'll see if I can't do some tests.